I'm picking up a one month old Verizon Curve 8330 tomorrow (I think 250 was a decent Price)

Can someone explain which O.S. I want on it and why. I'm a simple user - email, web browsing, Google Maps and will want to load music and videos. If it has 4.3 on it, do I download 4.5 from somewhere?, like going from ie 6.0 to 7.0, or is there more to it?

Thanks, and I try to search first in most cases
    08-02-08 02:10 AM
    It will come with 4.3 on it. And since you are a newbie, I would recommend getting to know your new phone well enough before attempting to update the OS to 4.5 when it is officially released for your carrier.
    08-02-08 02:12 AM
    There's a lot mor to it, and you can mess up your device if it is not done properly. No email, browser, phone, etc. It comes with a higher OS than other model Curves. As Sunkast said, get to know your phone better, and do some research, then maybe upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-08 06:50 AM
    Between now and tommorow, how about reading BB Lectures 101 found in the FAQ Forum. Upon receiving your BB, spend a little time getting intimate with your new phone and see what it is capable of doing.

08-02-08 09:39 AM
    the browser on the 4.5 is much much better, personally thats what i would go with.
    08-02-08 09:41 AM
    It will come with 4.3 on it. And since you are a newbie, I would recommend getting to know your new phone well enough before attempting to update the OS to 4.5 when it is officially released for your carrier.
    I have no problems with this as long as it meets my aforementioned ( I love that word) purposes

spend a little time getting intimate with your new phone.
    I'll buy it dinner first, you know these upscale devices think they're so hot, and want to be treated nicely
    08-02-08 09:51 AM
    Considering 4.5 isn't out yet for your phone I am gonna say stick with 4.3.

08-02-08 09:54 AM
    I have no problems with this as long as it meets my aforementioned ( I love that word) purposes

I'll buy it dinner first, you know these upscale devices think they're so hot, and want to be treated nicely
    Buying it dinner is a good idea. This will help you to get to know her. However, you said "buy it dinner first". This indicates tha you have other intentions for later. Do not do that to a BlackBerry on your first date. If you do you will surely fv<k her..

Better by far to court the lady for a week or so and read up on her needs in here.

The care and abuse of BlackBerry's is a delicate subject and may require more courting that you had previously envisaged before you finally get intimate with her USB orifice and a shiny new OS.
    08-02-08 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD