So yeah my employerzs dumping the ol enterprise server and telling employees to use traveler instead as a cost savings. I know it works for iPhone and droid but blackberry?
    07-24-11 02:28 PM
    No. It does not support BlackBerry.

From their site: "Lotus Notes Traveler supports a wide variety of today's popular mobile devices, including Android phones and tablets, Apple iPhone 4 and iPad, Microsoft Windows� Mobile, and Nokia Symbian."
    K Bear likes this.
    07-24-11 02:36 PM
    It isn't perfect, but most carriers will allow you to use BIS to connect to a Domino server (assuming they are set up for iNotes web access, which since they are using Traveller they probably are).
    BlackBerry Cool explains Lotus iNotes/BlackBerry Internet Service integration - BBHub
    07-24-11 05:18 PM
    It isn't perfect, but most carriers will allow you to use BIS to connect to a Domino server (assuming they are set up for iNotes web access, which since they are using Traveller they probably are).
    BlackBerry Cool explains Lotus iNotes/BlackBerry Internet Service integration - BBHub
    Unfortunately BIS has changed since 2005 when that article was written and no longer gives you that ability.
    07-25-11 02:35 PM
    I'm just wondering what is to "like" about the second post in this thread? It is a straightforward answer to a question.

It seems certain individuals just come along and "like" anything that casts a negative light on RIM/Blackberry. My question is why?
    07-25-11 07:18 PM
    Unfortunately BIS has changed since 2005 when that article was written and no longer gives you that ability.
    Hmmm . . . You're right, it looks like the OP may have to go the POP/IMAP route which isn't a widely used in Notes/Domino land. Not too long ago I looked at Tmobile's BIS site and the Domino option (as described on that page) was there, now it isn't.

Yanno . . . this isn't exactly "RIM to Domino: Drop Dead", but given that they took almost 6 months to get BESX for Domino out after they shipped it for Exchanged I'm beginning to wonder.
    07-27-11 10:41 AM
    The group I work with did the same thing recently. It leaves me paying for my own BB and Exchange out of pocket. This is another reason I am looking at iPhone 4/5. I will be able to shave another $20/month off the mobile phone portion of my monthly budget.
    07-27-11 10:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD