You will need ur data plan because bb unite sync's wirelessly. And is their anyway got get the contacts from our berrys rather then having to manually add them via bb unite?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm aware that I will need a data plan, but the question I have is whether I need the same Enterprise data plan that I would need for BES/Desktop redirector, or if the "standard personal" BIS service is sufficient for using Unite!

Thank you,
    XC
    05-09-08 07:24 AM
    How do you go about deleting the IT policy cuz of that when i try to call it says sorry only emergency calls allowed and im not happy about that
    05-09-08 08:33 AM
    also as a note, if your computer is off..it kind of stops working. I connected my gmail account and recieved nothing overnight. once my computer turned on, i got hit with like 10 e-mails all at once.
    05-09-08 09:48 AM
    Sorry, but I am not really liking this program/app./whatever.
    First off, I couldnt even get past the email setup online, it refused to recognize ANY email address I put into it.
    Second, it made my BB go to a constant state of data retrieval(or something), so I can't even sit my phone next to my comp now because of the annoying noise it sends through my speakers.
    This is AFTER I deleted the Manager,(which is the only thing it put on my device)...and a Soft Reset and a full, 45-second battery pull.
    I also uninstalled it from my comp.
    Anyone know how to totally get rid of it?
    I only wanted it to be able to transfer files from my BB to home comp and vice versa, and it's just not that important.
    05-09-08 10:00 AM
    My Unite! Findings So Far�

I too was annoyed at having to include and email address when adding a user so I left the field blank. It created the user without any problems. I use BES through my work account and have Hotmail through BIS, my wife just uses her Hotmail through BIS. We have both been able to sync using the public calendar, but my first impressions have not been good.
    I would say that it feels more like a public beta version. It locks up my (high spec) machine on a regular basis and gives me a lot of Unite File Sync errors. It is also missing a lot of the refinements I would expect from a final version. The calendar is missing recurring events and the ability to change reminders (eg remove the reminder of my son�s swimming lessons). I was expecting calendar functionality more like Microsoft�s Outlook Web Access. It is doesn�t even come close to it. You can�t drag and drop calendar items or copy them.
    The file upload/download aspect is awesome in theory, but the 1 meg limit renders it useless for me. Which is particularly annoying as I have an unlimited data plan through my office account (Yes with Bell Mobility).

To summarize so far the concepts are fantastic. I only hope we get some of the refinements we are use to from RIM and clean up some of the bugs. Her�s looking at a version 1.1�

Cheers,
    Plat
    05-09-08 11:47 AM
    Well i installed it fine and now I can't get my browser to work when my computer is off.. should've thought about it

Does anyone know how to get rid of the app off the bb? It's not listed in the applications .. someone suggested a hard reset... hmm..

Please help!! thanks!!!
    05-09-08 11:52 AM
    Ok guys, here is how to get rid of the IT Policy when installed.

I tried to do a Hard Reset, A "Wipe Handheld", everything...but its still there!!!

Just follow these isntructions http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/remo...lackberry-569/ and it will get rid of the IT Policy and replace it with a completely blank, or a "dud" one.

Worked perfect for me, and now I'm all free again! Gosh, never again!
    05-09-08 12:11 PM
    The machine on which BB Unite runs must be kept running. This is understandable. But if it DOES fail (crash, or just power fails) it seems you don't even get email on your BB! I guess this is no different from a BES, but a BES is normally looked after in a corp data centre and may even be in a redundant configuration.
    This is no problem for me... My PC is never down and has never been off for over a year since I got it, besides a couple of scheduled reboots.

The IT policy is what gets me... I will hold off a bit before I get it.
    05-09-08 12:40 PM
    now the browser also set to either "Unite" or "Wi-FI". It got rid off "internet service" from the option.

What does this mean? does it mean that I can't browse when my computer's off?

heck! if that's the case, I want to reset it back to before! Does anyone know how to do it?

Thanks!
    05-09-08 01:13 PM
    Ok guys, here is how to get rid of the IT Policy when installed.

I tried to do a Hard Reset, A "Wipe Handheld", everything...but its still there!!!
    Just follow these isntructions http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/remo...lackberry-569/ and it will get rid of the IT Policy and replace it with a completely blank, or a "dud" one.

Worked perfect for me, and now I'm all free again! Gosh, never again!
    To add to that, if you have a 4.3 device, meaning 8110/20/30, or 8330, that came FROM RIM with the 4.3 device can use JL_Cmdr, and use the resettofactory option.
    Last edited by cjcarbone; 05-09-08 at 02:27 PM.
    05-09-08 01:20 PM
    *****UPDATE******

I am currently testing a way to remove the IT policy....

I have beta OS, which is a requirement.

update OS to 4.5

JL_Cmdr resettofactory

battery pull

NO MORE IT POLICY AT ALL!!!!!!!

I am now reloading my 4.2.2.194 OS.

I seriously hope this works....
    05-09-08 02:26 PM
    Does your BB browser still works with unite installed? Since I installed it, I have no oppurtunity to switch back to the T-Mobile settings. Other progs going online over APN works fine.
    My problem is, that the Browser works only when PC is online. I know that is because of the function of Unite. But I only use the file transfer, and have all the other things disabled.
    Without browsing there is no other solution than deleting...
    05-10-08 02:21 PM
    Being a newbie this is one of the options I was researching when purchasing a BB. Is there a simple defenition of what an IT policy is and what it means or does.
    05-10-08 05:39 PM
    I prefer Google calendar myself!
    05-10-08 05:45 PM
    My advice would be, dont even think about it, getting rid of the IT Policy is a pain!
    05-19-08 01:15 AM
    I had installed Unite last month and found that it did not sync with outlook. Unfortunately our scheduling system uses outlook. We had used Verizon�s wireless sync with my old vz6700 and have really missed it. Any help? BTW it is a pain to remove unite.
    07-01-08 06:49 AM
    The blogs. But be careful, it WILL install an IT policy onto your device...
    What's an "IT Policy"?
    07-01-08 07:14 AM
    I have a mac and Google Calender works great for me and my wife
    I have a Curve and she has a Pearl.
    My wife and I both have our own Gmail accounts and have our own calendars.
    Our calenders our shareable with each other and then our phones keeps us synced together.
    If she makes an entry on her calender from her phone or desktop, it will carry over to My blackberry.
    Same goes for me and my google calender

Everything works great.

Gmail and GOOGLE CALENDAR IS A MUST
    I sync my contacts with go yahoo 2.0
    07-01-08 07:38 AM
    Patrick reboot your pc. it happend to me also. a reboot fixed mine
    07-01-08 08:21 AM
    I am trying to install Blackberry Unite. However every time I try I get an error message about the database. Any suggestions on what to do?
    07-01-08 08:37 AM
    Hmmmm sounds like no good... i would like to access my files but i am using avvenu for that.
    07-01-08 10:47 AM
    Oh man - good luck guys.

Two months later and I still cannot connect my Berry to my laptop or the firewall locks again...and I removed it, and all items from the registry related to it.

God bless you for trying it, but my condolences in advance.
    07-01-08 01:35 PM
    How do I remove the Unite Icon from my home screen? I cant figure it out.

- oh, and, please someone help me out.

nevermind. got it.
    Last edited by raymond; 07-02-08 at 04:20 AM.
    07-01-08 10:50 PM
    Reading through this thread is sounds like a well maintained BES will provide everything Unite would. Sound correct or am I missing something really obvious?
    07-01-08 11:02 PM
    Upload please Blackberry Unite! on rapidshare.com
    Last edited by Valencia2000; 07-02-08 at 02:07 AM.
    07-02-08 01:52 AM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD