Work have presented me with a Blackberry and I've been using it a couple of weeks now. I'm getting use to it, but deep down I'm a technophobe, so please bear this in mind when replying

If I get an e-mail come through on the Blackberry, I can open it and it shows as being opened on my laptop... no problem
    If I then delete it off my Blackberry, it also deletes off my laptop... no problem

Here's the problem. (if it is a problem)
    If I open or delete an e-mail on my laptop, nothing happens to the message on the Blackberry, it just stays there looking as though it's not been opened. Is this correct?

What I was expecting was that it would work the same both ways, that if I carried out an action on the laptop, the action would be replicated on the phone. Am I expecting something that won't happen?

If not, what settings do I need to change on the phone to make it happen?
    08-04-09 12:49 PM
    You want to look into IMAP support/settings for your BES server. Acryonyms are fun eh ? Hopefully your work intranet will have docs explaining how to set up IMAP properly.
    08-04-09 01:25 PM
    If bidirectional sync does not happen, then the OP is not on BES, but BIS through OWA conduits most likely.

That being said, what you describe is normal behavior for this type of config and there's nothing to "fix". It's one of the BB limitations when you don't have a BES.

Verify your issue with the IT department instead of trying to fix something that doesn't need fixing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 03:56 PM
    Didn't know about BIS and OWA, thanks for the insight .
    08-04-09 05:07 PM
    make sure Wireless reconcile is turned ON in your mailbox options on your BB. Go to you e-mail on your BB hit you BB button and choose options>choose Email Reconciliation>make sure Wireless Reconcile is on and it should reconcile. It may not be instant but it will do it. I have mine set up with BIS and OWA and mine reconciles.
    08-04-09 05:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD