That's true, however Apple is constantly exploring other areas of technology. You can't say the same for Blackberry. It took them 5-6 years to release a decent touchscreen device. As long as Apple remains a forward thinking company they'll be fine.

Sent from my  using Tapatalk
    Meh the reason they didn't release a decent touchscreen was because they believed people wouldn't want touchscreen (something innovative) anyways you get the point.

The thing with technology is, you don't even have to compare them to blackberry. You just have to know that it only takes one innovation or one little thing to gain or lose customers...I mean how else would a game like flappy bird just go viral? Just wait for 2 weeks top to see people flock to a new game.

Anyways bad analogy but you get it.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 12:43 AM
    That's true, however Apple is constantly exploring other areas of technology. You can't say the same for Blackberry. It took them 5-6 years to release a decent touchscreen device. As long as Apple remains a forward thinking company they'll be fine.

What other areas of technology? They've been buying companies left and right. If that's what you mean.
    02-08-14 07:17 PM
    What other areas of technology? They've been buying companies left and right. If that's what you mean.
    MP3 players, smartphones, tablets, digital entertainment store, etc etc.

02-08-14 07:24 PM

Mp3 are almost dying mate...abd digital entertainment store is almost universal

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 07:26 PM
    Mp3 are almost dying mate...abd digital entertainment store is almost universal

Posted via CB10
    Your comment has nothing to do with my point.

02-08-14 08:26 PM
    Fair comment but look deeper. They sold more iPhones but revenue dropped. That's means customers are either buying the cheaper iPhone or Apple is selling the 5s at significant discounts. This is what they are doing in China. So the market is speaking, the iPhone is not a premium device.

In the end, walled garden approaches fail. It is the history of business. It is just a matter of when.

As to the article, it was a bit aimless with rambling thoughts in many directions. The author is a bit naive in regards to Google. In the end, Google is an advertising company that uses technology to generate its revenues. Beyond this, Google has a long history of failure. Innovation is driven by practicality but pie in the sky whims.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 08:52 PM
    Innovation isn't cheap, it's also not something that allows for the luxury of time to develop , especially in the field of telecommunications, BlackBerry has a far superior product now on the market, unfortunately they lost tons of ground with the delayed launch and incomplete OS, hopefully we see a new resurgence with the next crop of BlackBerry 10 devices that will compete in terms of pricing and specifications, when I speak of pricing I speak of both sides of the spectrum both "cheap" and" high end", the OS has been maturing beautifully and if they play these cards right they may truly turn things around this apart from the fact that they also are going to return to their roots BES and related software. .The QNX based technology has huge potential.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 09:31 PM
    Apples current success is the fruits of its past, and Apple is not going anywhere soon. It has a ton of strength. BlackBerry does not have a consumer following, nor a consumer ecosystem. I know that, but I am the few that really don't care about that. With the larger z30, I never use my Windows 8 laptop at home, and my playbooks are mainly used as smart tv inputs to the big screen TV, remotely controlled by the Bridge. BlackBerry's future depends on how it can leverage apps, and computers, thus reducing the need for so many devices that do the same thing. I see BlackBerry portraying itself as a one device mobile computer. I think that is the big gun in 10.3.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 09:32 PM
    Your comment has nothing to do with my point.

Kinda does. What other aspect are they going other than something universal and something going extinct?

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 11:30 PM
    Kinda does. What other aspect are they going other than something universal and something going extinct?

Posted via CB10
    Wearable tech (smart watch) and practical device accessories, yes they can my afford to put loads into r&d, but they should be putting some money and thoughts into it, because r&d is important for their future
    EDIT: also bbm music
    TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Last edited by tinochiko; 02-09-14 at 02:07 AM.
    02-09-14 01:27 AM
    BlackBerry just has to focus on security and efficiency. The smart phone market is still quite young and growing (albert now more so on the mid to low end tier). Just wait till mobile phone hacking and security concerns becomes widespeard. BlackBerry will have its day.

As car as the consumer market is concerned Project jakarta will be a game changer. A cheap phone made all and every difference for windows phone.

Z30, Q10, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    02-09-14 01:47 AM
    Ios in the car is coming to 5 manufacturers this year.

ITunes is good I like it but it's bloated. ITunes radio I'd a better solution than what they tried and dumped last year trying to be a twitter within iTunes. That was a stupid move which wasted $ and resources, human resources.

Icloud and imessage will evolve quite considerably in the next two years. Watch for this.

I must quote something a long time employee said to one of the founding members based on a quote made in the press... "Can't Innovate My ***!" (Schiller to The Woz).
    - Maps is now in sync with iPhone, Android didn't do this right for the desktop, it's convoluted (delete all history and cookies in your browser it's gone you gotta sign into it again)
    - Maps - I'm looking forward to breadcrumbs (unless Nokia and Navteq have a patent in that?)
    - Mac Pro pure innovation! Those that left really had no major investment in Logic, or other major Apple apps. Most likely Adobe suite pros switch and will be switching back. When a pro that makes large coinage on a particular platform jumps ship it is a big decision but it's also costly because the work flows are very different from Windows to OSX to even Linux (skinning doesn't work to mimic this).

You haven't Read the news before you posted as the same day Cook. Stated he and apple are cooking up something (nice pun you made btw . New category segments this year new products.

You should know by now that Apple does a LOT of things in the background seemingly slowly only to shock the world at an announcement and it works!

We'll see.

BlackBerry Q10 ? & Full Metal CB10!
    02-09-14 01:57 AM
    Please people don't believe in the sales figures too much they are most probably massaged. Bloomberg reported that iPhone sales has dropped between 18 - 20 % year in year over the last 3 years, but people are saying that Apple has been selling more phones.

If it is true, how come Android phones has overtaken iPhones?

Yes, I also hear that iOS & Android has partnered with a few car manufacturers, but at the same time I also see reports for these manufacturers use QNX on their cars. I believe that in this situation QNX sits in the main OS of the car while they customise the interface to suit iPhones & Android phones.

Why do I believe so? The reason is simple, this is the easiest & most practical way for car manufacturers. This is because they are currently already using QNX, to change to iOS or Android would mean starting from scratch. However since QNX has the ability to run Android and possibly iOS apps just build on top of it. Customers will only see the interface & do not need to know what is running underneath it. In this way I guess iOS & Android on the car is more for marketing & it should be because that would create a want from some segment of the market for it.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 03:15 AM
    As I read all these threads about what this one and that one is doing and so on. I have to ask myself what has Blackberry been doing for us dedicated users here in the USA? The answer is NOTHING.

My carrier T Mobile no longer carries their products in their stores. When you asked for any support related to blackberry, you get a run around and we are still waiting for 10.2.1???

As far as Blackberry making any head way here. I used to have over a 100 BBM and Business contacts who's emails used to end with "Sent from my Blackberry device", now they read Send from my iPhone or my iPad????

I am still preaching the brand here and showing off my new z30 to everyone and have even converted a few back to Blackberry. My question is? Where the hell is the support and dedication from the folks in Waterloo for us BB users here in the USA????

Sent using the CB app
    02-09-14 04:06 AM
    Apple ios in the car is no good because it is a closed system, therefore you need to have an iphone. Car manufacturers are not going to do that. 80 percent of the market is android. QNX can run it all.

Posted via CB10
    I've been thinking a bit just that nut in this way.. Now BB is positioning itself as a portfolio of businesses in different areas, it's going to give them leverage they didn't have exposure to. BBM is a fine example where their attitude is you can be, say, an Apple customer while simultaneously being a BlackBerry customer also. Even if by then 80% is android, and the other 20% is mixed, if QNX is successful then 98-100% will be QNX underneath at the core. It opens up a window of opportunity for BlackBerry to gain new customers that are already locked Into other ecosystems just like BBM has done. QNX has done all the leg work already and are a leader in their space, I'm hoping personally that this will pay off in the long run and allow them to capitalise on that while leaving the competition to develop their own upper layers for infotainment etc that sit in top of QNX. This would be good for BlackBerry in every way and completely open the playing field to attracting new customers that normally wouldn't choose to be BlackBerry device users. This is what I would hope for long term anyway.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 04:20 AM

All eyes will be Apple this June at WWDC 2014. Will Apple return to a culture of innovation, or will it be the same dog food, reheated?

I think your point went on a tangent here

But that last paragraph, wasn't that the same mantra they had last year.
    Seems like more of the same, don't expect I watch or ios in the car to be anything revolutionary.

I think once BlackBerry has turned the shop around, diversifying the company is a must. Using the technology they have now to target new areas.

Companies line Sony may have lean years bit can rely on other business opportunities to stay relevant.

They may be selling their pc business but it's not all doom and gloom.

BlackBerry will need to learn from this so they don't fall into that again.
    02-09-14 05:01 AM
    That's right, forget about connected eyewear (Google Glass)
    Google glass is actually also being developed for use by firefighters so give them blueprints of burning houses and to locate members of their teams whereabouts whilst fighting fires. it already has these functions and directions to the emergency but can only be worn by a firefighter standing outside the blaze who relays infomation to firefighters inside at the moment purely because the glasses dont fit under a firefighters mask and need redesigning to fit
    02-09-14 05:18 AM

Didn't know Apple made MP3 players. Also, if Apple want's to be innovative, maybe they should invest in LED screens like the rest of the world to preserve battery. Maybe wireless charging and the option of a micro SD card. This is for starters. I have a much bigger list.
    02-09-14 07:05 AM
    Didn't know Apple made MP3 players.
    Ipods?

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-09-14 07:09 AM
    Before praising google too much, let's see what they are going to do in the future. Their best partner in crime, Samsung, is developing Tizen, Firefox is on the market for cheap phones, Ubuntu is coming out with some beautiful stuff, Win 8 is slowly making it's way into the market, BBRY is rethinking it's corporate strategy and QNX strategy(Cars, maybe some home appliances) and I also smell something cooking from HTC(outside the android box of course). So let's just wait and see how they handle some real competition. Apple was just too stubborn to pose any real threat...they only wanted the high-end part of the market.
    02-09-14 07:34 AM
    Didn't know Apple made MP3 players. Also, if Apple want's to be innovative, maybe they should invest in LED screens like the rest of the world to preserve battery. Maybe wireless charging and the option of a micro SD card. This is for starters. I have a much bigger list.
    Tangent much?

02-09-14 10:08 AM
    Tangent much?

Just saying Apple hasn't been innovative in at least 3 years. That I can think of, everything they have new was actually bought from someone else.
    02-09-14 11:56 AM
47 12