Fixers of all that is crackberrian,

Here is one I've not run into. Help would be great, and make me less crazy!

After activating mass storage and doing all the usual jazz (yes, I've read the threads), I was finding time today to finally transfer music over to my new Tour. I loaded about 400K (4 albums) on the card from iTunes. As I continued, the computer displayed the "no go" circle with a bar through it and would not allow me to put any more music on the card. Computer shows 3.3 GB empty. I unhooked the BB through safely remove hardware, mass storage, and did a batt pull.
    Restarted computer, hooked up BB, and deleted material to try again. Now nothing would transfer. Computer says card is empty. Nothing transfers.
    ?
    Switch to the 2 GB card, try again. Transfer 4 albums, again about 400K, and it quits again. (Not the same 4 albums!)

Thoughts? Ideas? Anxiety pills? I'd take any of them!
    Thanks in advance,
    Becky
    Last edited by rawbaker; 07-26-09 at 10:54 PM. Reason: added more info
    07-26-09 10:51 PM
    um, are they purchased music from iTunes that has the DRM lock on them? (just a thought)
    07-26-09 10:56 PM
    Nope. Thanks for the thought!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 04:00 AM
    Try formatting the cards in your device. Options-media card (or memory on newer OS)-press menu key, select format. If that won't go, put the card in a card reader and plug into your PC and format there.
    You can also try to drag your music files onto your card while in a reader.

07-27-09 04:46 AM
    Formating from inside the BB is the best way to go as it creates the proper folders and will make you life a lot easier.
    07-27-09 05:20 AM
    Re-reformatting saved the day! Why a second go was needed, I'll never know. I think buying the card reader was enough big guns to scare it into working!

Thanks for the advice all. CrackBerry saves the day again!

07-27-09 11:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD