I think it's the ugliest phone ive seen in a while and I don't think it's going to sell well at all.

Z10
    DS1331 likes this.
    06-22-14 12:13 AM
    it definitely grew on me especially after seeing the video of it. definitely getting one
    06-22-14 03:35 AM
    I definitely loved that phone at first sight i just need have it in hands 💕💖

Posted via My amazing White GalaxyNote3 N9005
    06-22-14 03:49 AM
    This might be my next phone....

But I'm worried about 2 things:
    -How special characters will be typed (ex. "#$%!?*-1234etc)
    -Now the Z is under the A, the X under the S, etc... it will need some time to adapt, and could be a nightmare, if you use a Passport, and another BB with Classic Querty layout

I wonder why the classic doesn't use the same keyboard layout?
    With the Passport you apostrophe ll have to spell out numbers instead of typing digits comma i period e period parentheses seven parentheses instead of parentheses 7 parentheses period Same with punctuation and symbols period
    Forward slash s and winking emoticon period
    Last edited by Beakman; 06-22-14 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Grammar colon removed redundant comma period
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-22-14 06:21 AM
    I predict the Passport will be offered only on the BB online store and also offered to enterprise customers exclusively along with the classic. It will be pricey but fly out of the warehouses like wildfire. Consumers will still see retail availability for the Z10, Z30, Q10, Z3 and their variants.
    I have no problem with this scenario and don't see any detriment to BB.
    DJM626 likes this.
    06-22-14 06:38 AM
    I predict the Passport will be offered only on the BB online store and also offered to enterprise customers exclusively along with the classic. It will be pricey but fly out of the warehouses like wildfire. Consumers will still see retail availability for the Z10, Z30, Q10, Z3 and their variants.
    I agree with your first sentence. The second one is a bit bold. Yes it will be pricey but fly off the shelves? Not sure about that one but we can hope.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-22-14 08:32 AM
    I will buy a new blackberry, but still find myself looking at the classic. Still... There is something to be said about mixing it up. I just don't see myself liking that keyboard. No matter how much I look at it, it seems odd.
    I agree in part of your posting. I didn't like this phone at first also, because of the keyboard being different, but sometimes "oddness" sells out of being curious. If its a good phone, all the better. No one can say "BB fails to innovate" with something like this. Good or bad, it is different and yet another alternative for some
    sallenthornton likes this.
    06-22-14 09:51 AM
    Unfortunately I've got a feeling that they will price this as a premium device. I don't see this going sub 600.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    You are absolutely correct. They will price this as a premium device. Why? Because it's a high-end, unique and fabulous device.

Expect to pay around 629GBP unlocked here in the UK. Not sure what that would be in US dollars: around $899 perhaps.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 09:56 AM
    So....how would you explain me buying it? I use a Note 2. I've got an SGIII AND and iPhone 5s.

I intend to buy this device.

Generalisations don't work.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    You are special. So very special.

Posted via CB10
    bruce73 and DS1331 like this.
    06-22-14 10:03 AM
    Don't forget also that if the Passport gets media attention then even if people decide the form factor isn't for them, it's good in itself. There are plenty of other BlackBerry phones out there if it's just a little too radical a design.

It's a form of marketing you know...

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 11:19 AM
    I'm still on my Q10 honeymoon, but I've had iPhones, Galaxy Not 2 and 3, Galaxy S3, Motorola Droid 1, 2, Rzr and HD Maxx.
    While I enjoyed the viewing ease of larger Android screens, I have gotten so many headaches because of the software that I found myself embracing the little Q10 full strength.
    Would it be easier to view with a larger screen? Well duh, of course.
    BUT:
    I have enjoyed using it one handed, putting it in my pocket and not worrying about having a purse to carry it.
    (I'm a woman and I positively hate purses, lol)
    So unless the Passport comes with an OS I cannot do without, I'm perfectly happy with my Q10.
    I don't watch videos or play games, I use my phone purely for communication and work.
    But I will play with it once it is released... You never know.
    06-22-14 01:24 PM
    "Girls" don't always carry purses.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    Lol omg

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 10:26 PM
    Some really good points in this thread.

Personally, I think this is an unique device with the potential to be a massive hit. The capacitive keyboard is key, along with the wide screen. 60 characters wide sounds fantastic for reading papers, documents and writing. It's also large enough for video to be impressive. It will undoubtedly stand out in the crowd, and looks great.

This will be my next phone, and I can't wait.

Posted via CB10 on the great Z30
    I'm excited to see how the key board works but I wouldn't go as far to say it could be a massive hit, that's just wishful thinking

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 10:27 PM
    With the Passport you apostrophe ll have to spell out numbers instead of typing digits comma i period e period parentheses seven parentheses instead of parentheses 7 parentheses period Same with punctuation and symbols period
    And how do you know? That sounds like a HORRIBLE idea.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 10:28 PM
    I don't think anyone outside of CrackBerry will buy it.
    Really, my experience so far with outside-BlackBerry-community comments is that more people seem to be excited than inside the community. Nobody outside CrackBerry is excited for the Classic since it's just another "Bold". But the Passport on the other hand is totally different - not only for BlackBerry, but for the entire market space. A QWERTY device with a screen that's wider than that of a Note 3 packed in a device that's overall as portable as a Passport (unlike any other Phablet that's so tall that it's more of a tablet than a phone)?

I can't wait to lay my hands on this thing.
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    06-23-14 01:34 AM
    I'm looking forward to trying out the passport, having it in the hand will probably be the only way to see if this divisive device is for me.

I am worried about the screen ratio - I have a q10 and the fact that there isn't an official viber app (an android port, of all things) ... Well it concerns me what percentage of the amazon store apps will work on this. Yes, it has the chops to be an epic communicator, like the q10, but I would hate for it to be second tier in the app situation. Especially as this will be pricey.

So many things have to be right with this phone...

Sent using tapatalk!
    06-23-14 03:07 AM
    And how do you know? That sounds like a HORRIBLE idea.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 05:29 AM
    Ive been reading things said on this thread like samsung lost their mojo and apple will shake the market.

Apple hasnt done anything innovative since Jobs passed away so I dont get it.

BTW apple is still losing to android in every market on the planet bar the USA.

BlackBerry cannot and will not play the mass market game. To do so is sheer stupidity. The passport is an excellent idea to move to the niche direction and from there BlackBerry can grow again.

To grow you must first have rooting.

You people who want a consumer phone with google that and apple this should just look towards an iphone or android device.

Signature - Google wants your info. What are you gonna do about it?
    06-23-14 04:42 PM
    I agree with your first sentence. The second one is a bit bold. Yes it will be pricey but fly off the shelves? Not sure about that one but we can hope.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    I have to admit I was a little star-struck when I wrote that. Let me rephrase:
    I predict the Passport will be offered only on the BB online store and also offered to enterprise customers exclusively along with the classic. It will be pricey but will move reasonably well within Blackberry's enterprise market offerings and need back ordering for individuals wishing to buy from the BB online store. Consumers will still see retail availability for the Z10, Z30, Q10, Z3 and their variants.
    06-23-14 05:20 PM
144 ... 456