Was thinking about the survey CrackBerry recently put up, specifically about how BlackBerry could reward the loyalty of those who bought the PlayBook.

What if they sent a custom phone backing for a Q10 or Z10 (a cool material or pattern that no one else has).

Anyone else have any interesting ideas?

Posted via CB10
    BB12MX, SK122387 and JamesPtheNerd like this.
    07-11-13 08:41 PM
    Can't we let the BB go in peace . Unplug the device now.
    a.crews likes this.
    07-11-13 08:47 PM
    $350 would do it.

Posted via CB10
    Suhailone, jegs2, Hypnoboy and 1 others like this.
    07-11-13 08:47 PM
    Full function of bridge reward

Q10, 9900, 9780, 8330, 7520, 7510 And Playbook!
    lmrangeljr likes this.
    07-11-13 08:49 PM
    Its silly to give something back to playbook owners..the device is 2 years old. Every device will eventually have a "end of life cycle" what makes this one different? Most people purchased the device to have and use..and up until this point no has ever cared to have something givin to them for their purchase. The amount of posts and comment from the community about this is crazy to me. Its like me saying give me something because my 9700 sits in a drawer..because it's not going to get updates.
    07-11-13 08:59 PM
    The problem is that PB was promised so much, yet it did so little. It was always trying to play catchup, and it is so limited, that you can't really do anything apart from a few core functions
    Hence, maybe unlocking the bootloader, etc may be better if you don't want to support it anymore
    07-11-13 09:05 PM
    It was a decent device, while I had it. Thankfully, I dumped it on eBay a few months ago, before it became all but worthless.
    a.crews likes this.
    07-11-13 09:12 PM
    PB was basically the trial stage for BB10
    It's a dumb down version with much fewer abilities
    Maybe swap it out for something, or maybe unlock it, etc
    07-11-13 09:40 PM
    50% discount on all bb10 blackberry world apps and content for owners of a PlayBook (provide your pin as validation) for 1 year. A $50 prepaid credit card with purchase of a bb10 for PlayBook owners (only if entering valid PlayBook pin upon purchase).

This would be incentive to get a z or q10 and also provides value to customers who remain loyal to the brand. Move those units blackberry!

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 09:42 PM
    50% discount on all bb10 blackberry world apps and content for owners of a PlayBook (provide your pin as validation) for 1 year. A $50 prepaid credit card with purchase of a bb10 for PlayBook owners (only if entering valid PlayBook pin upon purchase).

This would be incentive to get a z or q10 and also provides value to customers who remain loyal to the brand. Move those units blackberry!

Posted via CB10
    If you are loyal to a brand why must someone need discounts..or other type of deal to push them to by a blackberry or other brand of device? Am i missing the point of loyalty?
    07-11-13 09:48 PM
    PlayBook customers were either of two things:
    1. Early adopters who got burned by a product that never found its footing in the market and
    2. Fire sale customers. Looking for a good deal.

But most likely many were blackberry product owners before then. A promotion to PlayBook owners will be incentive to buy a new bb10 unit and and would suit either of those above types as a thank you for their purchase of PlayBook and may turn an unhappy old customer into a happy new customer. Only for the cost of a $50 discount and some app revenue for a limited time. Hell if they don't sell those units then app world revenue would be a moot point 1 year from now.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 09:58 PM
    Was thinking about the survey CrackBerry recently put up, specifically about how BlackBerry could reward the loyalty of those who bought the PlayBook.

What if they sent a custom phone backing for a Q10 or Z10 (a cool material or pattern that no one else has).

Posted via CB10
    Actually, I like this idea. They can do this right away.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 10:00 PM
    Actually, I like this idea. They can do this right away.

Posted via CB10
    I like it. Maybe add a larger battery in the process ?
    07-11-13 10:18 PM
    Can't we let the BB go in peace . Unplug the device now.
    No. Not a chance.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    07-11-13 10:27 PM
    Just an updated OS with a better browser and better performance. That's all that it would take for me. Even though the Playbook doesn't officially have BB10 it still has a lot of it's features. I see a lot of similarities between my new Q10 and Playbook. Just update the OS to make it better!
    07-11-13 11:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    I've always wanted one of the BlackBerry Elite backs of the Z10 with the silver "splat." I think you have to be a developer or something to get one (which I'm not).

I'm not one of the people crying about no BB10 on the PlayBook. I've had mine for over two years, before BB10 was even announced, but hey, if BlackBerry wants to give me anything at all, I'd take it. I still want one of those red splat stickers to cover up my Apple logo on my Mac Book Pro haha.
    07-12-13 12:04 AM
    A Lot of people bought the playbook cause of its price. Playbook for $100 is a steal. I love my PB, it does what I want. The BB10 was just an extra..

Posted via CB10
    93Aero likes this.
    07-12-13 01:42 AM
    Its silly to give something back to playbook owners..the device is 2 years old. Every device will eventually have a "end of life cycle" what makes this one different? Most people purchased the device to have and use..and up until this point no has ever cared to have something givin to them for their purchase. The amount of posts and comment from the community about this is crazy to me. Its like me saying give me something because my 9700 sits in a drawer..because it's not going to get updates.
    So you are okay with your BB10 phones at it's current state? Say by next year the company decide 10.2 is just not optimal enough to run your device. Hey, it's a year old device what do you expect right?
    07-12-13 03:47 AM
    So you are okay with your BB10 phones at it's current state? Say by next year the company decide 10.2 is just not optimal enough to run your device. Hey, it's a year old device what do you expect right?
    By next yea i would have a new phone..weather it be blackberry or not. But to answer your question..yes I'm happy with my z10. If it sees 10.2 awesome...if it doesn't...awesome. most updates are minimal anyways...if was hard up for features i thought were lacking...id install a leak.
    07-12-13 06:17 AM
    I think the best way to reward us is to get the OS updates out to everyone bypassing network carriers.
    07-12-13 07:08 AM
    a deal with samsung where playbook owners can swap their playbooks for a samsung galaxy tab or note 10.1... or the tab 7 of course, as the playbook is a 7' tablet.

nothing less would do... cos alot of people kept their playbooks or even bought them with the hopes that bb10 would be coming to the PB. or... a full discount at least.. for the RRP that it was bought for. of course electronics depreciate when u buy them, the promise unfulfilled is bad enugh.
    07-12-13 07:27 AM
    Let's be realistic . BlackBerry can only offer you a discount off its new sales revenue if anything. This way both company and Consumer wins. Anyone wanting blackberry to dip into its own cash reserves without any new sales are not being honest with themselves.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 08:44 AM
    The problem is that PB was promised so much, yet it did so little.
    In your opinion! I do plenty with it.
    07-12-13 08:45 AM
    I like the idea of free apps like they had when the outage happened. The exposure is smaller to them because the number of PlayBooks is much smaller.

Whoops, sorry. Here's $100 of free apps. Not everyone will redeem and not everyone will download them all, but it would be a nice guesture.
    07-12-13 08:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    I like this idea, but what do you do for those that didn't buy a Z or Q?

Personally, I think a credit of $100-200 for a new BlackBerry product would do it for me. A very nice gesture.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 08:48 AM
44 12