I was thinking, if I were to run RIM, how would I one-up and surprise Apple and the market in 2011.

So assuming:

iPad 2 launch in Jan, 2011

I would launch a 10" Playbook perhaps with the MRVL tri-core ARMADA 628 processor at 1.5GHz and options for 3G and LTE versions for both Playbooks

iPhone 4 world phone (or the VZN iphone 4) luanch in Jan, 2011

I would launch the new LTE QNX based Storm 4(or whatever new name) with NFC.

iPhone 5 launch in June, 2011,

I would launch a number of QNX based touch and keyboard based phones with true multi-processors distributed processing across product lines.
    11-24-10 11:30 AM
    The stock is pretty low, buy majority share and get to work!!!
    11-24-10 11:38 AM
    Companies that try to match competitors each step of the way go broke quickly. RIM has their roadmap and they stick to it. Seeing as they continue to grow revenue and profit at a staggering pace, they don't need to rush anything.

They might not move as fast as people want them to but they are moving, and that's the only way you survive in the long-term.

Until the PlayBook was announced, very few people even paid attention to their purchase of QNX. Some analysts were saying that RIM was going to use Android as late as the summer of 2010 when they contracted QNX back in 2009 to build the Tablet OS.
    11-24-10 11:57 AM
    IMHO, RIM should just make things simple.

Separate the consumer operations from corporate operations. One TouchScreen Phone, one Physical Keyboard Phone, one Tablet/Pad. No more, no less. Share the same OS across the three devices and do nothing but once a year upgrade those same devices with new competitive hardware and OS updates.

Stop wasting resources on several devices and allocate those resources to remaining competitive with a small manageable line of devices. Then they wouldn't have to one-up anybody.
    11-24-10 12:33 PM
    Companies that try to match competitors each step of the way go broke quickly.
    Companies that don't keep ahead of their competition go broke even faste. And the ones that don't even keep up go broke fastest.

RIM has their roadmap and they stick to it. Seeing as they continue to grow revenue and profit at a staggering pace, they don't need to rush anything.
    Given the rate of change in relative market shares you're more than a little off base here. You can sell more and more horse powered buggies every month, but if auto sales are increasing at a faster rate the writing's on the wall as to where the situation will end up.

- R.
    11-24-10 12:46 PM
    I was thinking, if I were to run RIM, how would I one-up and surprise Apple and the market in 2011.

So assuming:

I would launch a 10" Playbook perhaps with the MRVL tri-core ARMADA 628 processor at 1.5GHz and options for 3G and LTE versions for both Playbooks

I would launch a number of QNX based touch and keyboard based phones with true multi-processors distributed processing across product lines.
    ^^^^lol, upping the specs doesn't equal higher sales....Have you ever taken a business course?
    11-24-10 12:56 PM

So assuming:

A company can't be all things to all people. Forget Apple they have their niche and RIM has theirs. The BB OS is very stable, a lot of research and testing must have gone into developing it. RIM isn't going anywhere.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-10 03:47 PM

So assuming:

Apple should do their thing, and RIM should do theirs. Sticking to a long term strategy tends to provide better overall results than reacting willy-nilly to some competitor's actions/products. RIM ISN'T Apple, so they shouldn't try to emulate or "surprise" them. That's a fool's errand.
    11-24-10 04:42 PM
    ^^^^lol, upping the specs doesn't equal higher sales....Have you ever taken a business course?
    Better specs may be needed to run more sophisticated software resulting in a "better" enduser experience that translates into more sales.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-10 03:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD