Gee take it easy reneebob. I'm posting on wap and couldn't quote the text of the opening post in this thread but figured 99% of you would figure out my quip back at his general comment about "us crazy Americans and our crazy fetish"
    and besides, that's not why other countries look at America with disdain.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-08 03:59 AM
    my fetish comment was harmless and made in jest, your comments are just plain rude, ignorant and obnoxious.

08-06-08 04:20 AM
    what ... people voluntarily use Motorola's???

k i admit i have seen quite a bit of people using the razr, but its cuz they get it for free or for really cheap.

don't even mention quality control. Motorola's are horribly designed. i can't tell you how many of my friends that worked at rogers/fido complained about the broken razr's they've seen.

and whats with Motorola taking the razr idea and making like 50 million devices that look and operate the same way. example, v3, v3i, v3x, v3xx, k1, k3, l6, l6i, l7, l7e, v8, v9, z3, z6, z8... aka RAZR, KRZR, SLVR, RAZR2, RIZR <---- they're all the same device based on a horrible OS.

but anyone that knows anything about the gsm market will never dare touch a motorola, its usually nokia or sony ericsson and yes in the smartphone world of course BLACKBERRY( or htc for u windows mobile lovers).

the average person thats not to tech savvy could care less though. give em anything that can make receiver calls/txts at a good price and they'll use it.
    Last edited by avmsam; 08-06-08 at 05:01 AM.
    08-06-08 04:53 AM
    My dad used to have one of the G'zone phones from Verizon, the ones built to military specs. At the store the salesman was pitching it to him and said it could survive a fall in a river. My dad says, "Prove it."

So the salesman brings out a small tub filled with water and drops the phone in. He spends the next 15-20 minutes discussing service options, accessories, etc.

Then he goes over, pulls the phone out of the water, shakes it off, and calls my dad's then-current number on that phone. That's one heck of a sales pitch.

I only wish my Curve was built like that.
    08-06-08 04:59 AM
    Don't know much about Motorola but I know that Blackberry (well the Curve anyway) isn't much to shout about!

Since i got mine I have had problems with-

Sticking trackball (I know you can strip your device down and play around with it but the instructions I read to do this are elaborate - shouldn't have to do this!)

Having to pull the battery too many times to do resets - example, to get rid of messages that won't delete - never had to do this with any other device.

Now the key inputs are not matching output - eg I type in an "S" and it gives me ""LH"! Try getting past your password with that problem! Any suggestions!

Not a very happy blackberry owner!
    Biffo
    08-06-08 05:00 AM
    Did you get a refurb? If not, how old is your Curve?

Sorry to hear about your problems, but the Curve is a very good device in my opinion, and that of many others here. Your issues, while not unheard of, are not exactly the norm either amongst Curve users.
    08-06-08 05:03 AM
    Before I got the Curve, I was seriously considering the Moto Q9c. But I know that I made a good decision!
    I currently have a Curve....luv luv luv it.
    Had a Q two yrs ago.....hate hate hated it.
    08-06-08 05:35 AM
    Way to start a thread, Ken, . Those Razors are generic give away phones. The one's companies give to new subscribers and children as starter phones. They serve their purpose and do it well. Then people graduate to BBs. No harm in that.

08-06-08 06:01 AM
    No not a refurb less about 9 months old - its going back!
    08-06-08 10:37 AM
    Before I got my Blackberries, my last 5 phones were CDMA Motorolas - P8767 Timeport, V60c, V710, V3c RAZR and V9m RAZR2. They all had rock solid RF (better than our beloved Berries imo) with the only problems being a software issue with the V60c and poor build quality on the V710.

And while their prodcuts look great, functionally little has changed software wise since the Vxxx series that goes back about 4-5 years now. This lack of innovation on their part is what first made me look into Blackberries.

If you're looking for a good phone and nothing more, I think Motorola along with Nokia are probably your best bets. If you're looking to do more than just make phone calls and snap the odd picture, best to look somewhere else.
    08-06-08 11:32 AM
    my fetish comment was harmless and made in jest, your comments are just plain rude, ignorant and obnoxious.

truth be told in jest
    08-06-08 03:54 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD