you either have a BB, an iPhone or a RAZR

a RAZR lol

whats the craic with all the motorola nuts lol

in the UK, generally people think motorola is a bit crap, is there a secret American RAZR fetish club?

i just cant believe how many people own one lol crazy
    08-05-08 10:01 AM
    Yea, it seems to be the phone most people get for free or cheap with a new contract or extension from a really old phone. Im not gonna lie, when the Razr first come out, I thought about gettin one. lol.
    08-05-08 10:03 AM
    I had a Razr a loooooong time ago

Don't even get me started on that POS!
    08-05-08 10:07 AM
    I'll never own a Motorola again I had an i95, that was enough
    08-05-08 10:10 AM
    Is Motorola that bad? I've never had one.
    08-05-08 10:12 AM
    Is Motorola that bad? I've never had one.
    Yeah... the Razr was especially bad!

The classic hinge problems, which would eff up the antenna and cause you to drop calls by pressing the device on your ear wrong... since it would bend the hinge a little.

Yeah, that bad...
    08-05-08 10:15 AM
    Only thing good that came out of the Razr for me is that I had two phone charges for it that are compatible with the curve
    08-05-08 10:23 AM
    Motorola's do tend to have screen issues but at least on the cdma networks they tend to get great reception. I love my berry but my boyfriends rokr gets better reception in bad areas than I do. Razr's are generally crap though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-08 10:25 AM
    Before I got the Curve, I was seriously considering the Moto Q9c. But I know that I made a good decision!
    08-05-08 10:33 AM
    Its amazing to know Motorola are one of the pioneers (I do take my hat off for them) in telecoms and now most people hate it, they just didn't keep up with the revolution.

08-05-08 10:36 AM
    Before I got the Curve, I was seriously considering the Moto Q9c. But I know that I made a good decision!
    Don't get me wrong... Moto puts out some solid devices. They just seem to be one step behind now. And they focus more on visual appeal to younger crowds, rather than functionality.

The Moto Q and Q9c are good devices, from what I hear. They are not flat out bad devices or anything!!

Just the Moto Razr had some real quality issues

As for reception of the Razr; it was amazing on GSM before the whole malfunction! I even know one of my friends who had a Razr and the sensor to tell when the device was closed was trippy. Needless to say, the device would go into sleep mode and hang up the call in the middle of a convo because the Razr thought it got closed. haha
    08-05-08 10:41 AM
    I have a razr. I switch my esn over when I'm on my bike so I can use it. Its small enough I can slid it into my helmet when I get a call. And I would much rather loose/break my razr over my curv�

08-05-08 11:13 AM
    I had a Moto Q9c before I got my Curve, I definitly made the right choice by getting the Curve no regrets!!. I will have to say that the Moto Q9c was way improved from the first Moto Q(I had that one too) and it was Crap!!!
    08-05-08 11:19 AM
    The main gripe I have with the Motorola phones is that their software interface stinks. Not very user friendly at all. Nokia has really user friendly software I've noticed. I had a razr before, and what annoyed me was when you couldn't connect on a call the first time, and retried, it would give out an annoying ring tone when it finally connected the call.

The good thing about the razr was that it was very durable (being cased in aluminum), and because it was a flip phone, you never had to worry much about your screen getting scratched because it was always on the inside when you flipped it closed. It's thin too, so handy if you like to slide it in your pants pocket.
    08-05-08 11:26 AM
    And, the software on moto's always SUCKS
    08-05-08 11:27 AM
    Moto does suck, just got rid of the RAZR and got a Curve I don't ever think I will use any other phone brand but BB in the future.
    08-05-08 11:29 AM
    The razr was the phone work provided me before switching to the curve. And now I can't imagine life without it! Made me realize what crap the razr was. If work ever took my curve back I will go out and get one (or the bold, whenever that comes out) for personal use. No love for the iphone. Already tried it. No thanks!

08-05-08 11:39 AM
    I almost paid $500 for the first RAZR. Paid $169 for the Nokia 6230 instead. Then I found out how much Moto quality and the RAZR OS sucked, not only from users, but from people who worked in the industry repairing cellphones. I dodged that particular bullet, and I am forever thankful!
    08-05-08 11:42 AM
    Lol, I used to have an iPhone and a Razr.

Last edited by nfl46; 08-05-08 at 12:13 PM.
    08-05-08 11:58 AM
    imo the razr was the biggest flop of a cell phone ever!!
    08-05-08 12:01 PM
    Well I have my BB (personal phone) and a TREO 650 (work phone)
    08-05-08 12:03 PM
    Oh yeah and RAZRs suck big time. I went through 3 of them. One was stolen, the other I lost, and the last one I gave to my 12 year old.
    08-05-08 12:04 PM
    I had a PiNK RAZR but absolutely hated the software on it. I think the only thing I liked about my RAZR was the fact that it was pink.
    08-05-08 12:05 PM
    I had the SLVR - L7 before I switched to BB and I loved it. I never had a prob with it. Dropped it about a thousand times and - no lie- it went through the wash and then the dryer.

It didn't work for four days but after it dried out or whatever there were no probs. It still works cause I had to use it a for a few days last month when I was getting a replacement curve.
    08-05-08 12:10 PM
    I had the SLVR for a bit and I thought it was a decent phone.

08-05-08 12:11 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD