Where was the Colt? Or a phone running QNX?
    I personally will not be purchasing another Blackberry until I can purchase a QNX phone... Sorry, I want something to match my Playbook...
    10-21-11 01:38 PM
    Yeah...I meant to comment on this as soon as DevCon ended....there was a post a few days before DevCon that had Jim Balsillie professing that we would see a QNX phone on display at the DevCon....and yet no mention of this....i just want a timeframe, a picture...something....I am holding off on replacing my 9700 for a QNX phone to go with my Playbook as well....I see no point in purchasing a BB OS7 device, and ATT wont give us a 9900...so the wait continues. I am patient, I will wait....no way I am switching to a 4s!
    10-21-11 02:06 PM
    Yeah...I meant to comment on this as soon as DevCon ended....there was a post a few days before DevCon that had Jim Balsillie professing that we would see a QNX phone on display at the DevCon....and yet no mention of this....i just want a timeframe, a picture...something....I am holding off on replacing my 9700 for a QNX phone to go with my Playbook as well....I see no point in purchasing a BB OS7 device, and ATT wont give us a 9900...so the wait continues. I am patient, I will wait....no way I am switching to a 4s!
    Why is there no point in purchasing an OS7 phone? QNX is not replacing the OS7's...
    10-21-11 02:08 PM
    Why is there no point in purchasing an OS7 phone? QNX is not replacing the OS7's...
    Then why would they be ending the Java?
    Common sense would assume that BBOS is dead and QNX is here to stay...
    I wany my BBX phone...
    10-21-11 02:15 PM
    I think that it's safe to say that even when we do see a BBX device, we aren't going to see a full shift over to that platform, and a complete drop of the BBOS platform. Take into consideration that there are MILLIONS of these BB's already out in the field. RIM will release one, maybe two BBX phones initially, not an entire fleet. They would be silly to completely drop development and support for the BBOS when there is such a saturation of these devices in the market. I don't think we'll see any major moves away from that platform until late 2012 at the earliest.

Companies employ thousands of these devices, it's not going anywhere anytime soon...
    10-21-11 02:27 PM
    I think that it's safe to say that even when we do see a BBX device, we aren't going to see a full shift over to that platform, and a complete drop of the BBOS platform. Take into consideration that there are MILLIONS of these BB's already out in the field. RIM will release one, maybe two BBX phones initially, not an entire fleet. They would be silly to completely drop development and support for the BBOS when there is such a saturation of these devices in the market. I don't think we'll see any major moves away from that platform until late 2012 at the earliest.

Companies employ thousands of these devices, it's not going anywhere anytime soon...
    Yes, this. I think early 2012 a VERY early estimate.
    10-21-11 02:36 PM
    I understand that, but I also saw it mentioned that the BBOS7 phones would have support for 2 years...
    So the end of 2012 having a start towards migration would make all sorts of logical sense, however...
    We were expecting to at least see a working model, hands on or behind glass...
    Regardless, some of us are going to hold off buying another phone until the fresh start is ready for the taking...
    I love Blackberry, but they won't get anymore of my money until they start pushing harder towards a brighter future...
    I don't care what the Apple Fanboi's say, QNX holds a wealth of potential far greater than iOS or Android
    10-21-11 02:37 PM
    It seemed like during the some of the keynote and other discussion that Mike Lazaridis and some of the other speakers were stating that no further APP development for Java would be happening and that those OS apps would not work on BBX, QNX will become BBX and everything will shift to that platform, maybe i am confusing blog posts with DevCon speakers...lol...I guess as long as my OS6 Bold works I will wait it out for the "superphone" I cannot imagine switching to any other device other than Blackberry anyway. If I saw a definitive timeframe pushing the superphones out to a realease over a year away I would probably not hesitate to pick up a new Bold...but the cards are against me in that respect since ATT still hasn't "let" us use it.
    10-21-11 02:53 PM
    can anyone actually produce an article that says they were going to show off a phone at this Devcon??????? Unless the exact words were "We are going to give you a peak at the new BBX phone" or something along those lines why speculate?!
    10-21-11 03:56 PM
    can anyone actually produce an article that says they were going to show off a phone at this Devcon??????? Unless the exact words were "We are going to give you a peak at the new BBX phone" or something along those lines why speculate?!
    crackberry /tags/blackberry-superphone

Sorry, post count under 10... I'm sure you can make a URL from that...
    10-21-11 05:52 PM
    i was trying to post the link but it wont let me....i'll type it in....it was stated in the q2 fiscal results conference call by RIM CEOs...

crackberry.com/qnx-devices-be-shown-devcon

should work....or search it in google and the post comes up....the actual sound for the conference call has been removed...

basically states they would show off a device
    10-21-11 11:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD