I don't know if this would be considered irony but a lot of you are leaving bb10 due to specfic apps that you need or what. I however am on the other side of the coin as im keeping my BlackBerry Passport due to mainly one specific app. It's not a mainstream or popular app but it's extremely useful to me in my day to day job. It's called ''corky notes''. Basically a noteboard that is super user friendly an syncs with my calendar.

An yes I also have an android with the latest os but No note app even comes close to how intuitive it is. I manipulate the notes I take an pin them or drag them anywhere I want. All this coupled with its live tile and my agenda is always set for the day front and center. So that in itself is the main reason I'll probably put off the keyone for awhile atleast till a developer makes a similar app in the playstore. I asked the developer about porting it but unfortunately he has no plans too.

Posted via CB10
    nealjane likes this.
    03-20-17 04:11 PM
    03-20-17 04:20 PM
    At least it isn't a BB10 exclusive: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/cork...mt=8&at=10l3Vy
    Wow that's heartbreaking to see. I really want the Keyone but the Dev told me he has no plans to put it on android. Can't go the apple route as a keyboard is much desired in my field of work, especially with long emails.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-17 04:33 PM
    For me it not even one app, it's the BlackBerry Application Permission System. It's the ability to determine what access to give to an app.

A BlackBerry Fan!!!
    03-20-17 04:48 PM
    For me it not even one app, it's the BlackBerry Application Permission System. It's the ability to determine what access to give to an app.

A BlackBerry Fan!!!
    https://support.google.com/googlepla...70602?hl=en-CA

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Carjackd and eshropshire like this.
    03-20-17 04:59 PM
    Thanks, that's good to know, but..

"When you download apps from the Play Store, "some apps" will ask for permission to use information before you install. When you download apps that are built for Android 6.0 and up, "you can allow or deny permissions once you start using them.""

My thoughts go to: the data has already been accessed in the installation process, before I can deny future access. I may deny future access, but the initial access has been made. It's like closing the barn door, after the horses are out.
    Consider how many apps a person might install over the life of your device, and that initial process is repeated numerous times, refreshing the data previously collected.

Were as the BlackBerry Application Permission System, seems (I might be wrong), to allow denial of access prior to "some" collection of data.
    Again, I maybe incorrect...
    Last edited by KNEBB; 03-20-17 at 07:14 PM.
    03-20-17 05:55 PM
    I got the Corky notes app for free on a Crack berry promotion but never really found a use for it.

Why not just use one note or other note apps available?

Posted via CB10
    03-20-17 10:28 PM
    My thoughts go to: the data has already been accessed in the installation process, before I can deny future access.
    That's not how it works. The data isn't accessed until (unless) you specifically give it permission. It's just that on newer versions of Android, each individual permission is specifically asked for (previously, it was all-or-nothing), and you aren't asked until the program actually attempts to access a specific permission - which is generally the first time you run the app.
    mrfreeze and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    03-20-17 10:38 PM
    That's not how it works. The data isn't accessed until (unless) you specifically give it permission. It's just that on newer versions of Android, each individual permission is specifically asked for (previously, it was all-or-nothing), and you aren't asked until the program actually attempts to access a specific permission - which is generally the first time you run the app.
    This. You have to explicitly allow the app that permission.
    03-20-17 10:41 PM
    I got the Corky notes app for free on a Crack berry promotion but never really found a use for it.

Posted via CB10
    Yes there's a few of em. I just like being able to interact with every note I've pinned an manipulate an rearrange accordingly. As I stated having them on the tile screen is another selling point for me. I just find everything about well thought out. I'm sure there's better ones an more feature rich ones but keeping this app open throughout the day for me helps me out tremendously instead of having stick notes all over my desk and with its reminder feature it simply works.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-17 11:24 PM
    See, this is good to know. It's been my experience using android apps, that it's been an all or nothing proposition. Either you allow all access by the app (leading to all of it's functionality) or your denied use entirely.
    This has been the same for many Android apps I've ported to my devises. And not all requirements of the app are germane to the functionality I need; (i.e The example of Hungry Birds which back in the day; requiring access to your Contacts to function). I just want to launch a Pig, I don't need my friends and family contacted for that.

But, I've also have experience the permissions that the Google Playstore, alone requires. Simply by looking on the Play Store requires you surrendering a lot of your data. Not to mention the disclaimers which you must accept. It would seem on the surface, they acquire your data "going and coming", as part of a Business Philosophy. And the level in which you allow refreshing of that data is "curtailed" (not hauled totally), by the matter in which you purchase subsequent apps.

That's why I'm more comfortable with the BlackBerry Application Permission System, where permissions are allowed or denied up front. And denial of one requirement, doesn't exclude you from using the other (unrelated) functions of the app.
    If the Android apps have migrated "closer" to that format, that's good.
    That's why my answer to the OP was; to me it's more than about one app...

A BlackBerry Fan!!!
    03-21-17 07:11 AM
    See, this is good to know. It's been my experience using android apps, that it's been an all or nothing proposition. Either you allow all access by the app (leading to all of it's functionality) or your denied use entirely.
    This has been the same for many Android apps I've ported to my devises. And not all requirements of the app are germane to the functionality I need; (i.e The example of Hungry Birds which back in the day; requiring access to your Contacts to function). I just want to launch a Pig, I don't need my friends and family contacted for that.

But, I've also have experience the permissions that the Google Playstore, alone requires. Simply by looking on the Play Store requires you surrendering a lot of your data. Not to mention the disclaimers which you must accept. It would seem on the surface, they acquire your data "going and coming", as part of a Business Philosophy. And the level in which you allow refreshing of that data is "curtailed" (not hauled totally), by the matter in which you purchase subsequent apps.

That's why I'm more comfortable with the BlackBerry Application Permission System, where permissions are allowed or denied up front. And denial of one requirement, doesn't exclude you from using the other (unrelated) functions of the app.
    That's why my answer to the OP was; to me it's more than about one app...

A BlackBerry Fan!!!
    The new permission setup for Android is newish.

There has been a lot of big changes in Android the last few years.

4 years ago I hated Android, now it's much better.
    03-21-17 07:15 AM

Posted via CB10
    OneNote is the app I finally settled on.... Originally because of it's ability to sync between so many platforms. But now that I have a Surface Tablet with a functioning stylus pen, there is no better way of making quick notes or being able to prepare for meetings and having the info at your fingertips. Can use my PC to compose and compile info and then my tablet to refine it and present it.
    03-21-17 07:22 AM
    OneNote is the app I finally settled on.... Originally because of it's ability to sync between so many platforms. But now that I have a Surface Tablet with a functioning stylus pen, there is no better way of making quick notes or being able to prepare for meetings and having the info at your fingertips. Can use my PC to compose and compile info and then my tablet to refine it and present it.
    Yeah, OneNote is the best.

Though I like Evernote too.
    03-21-17 07:25 AM
    I liked Evernote but quickly ditched and migrated it for OneNote when they came out with their ridiculous premium pricing scheme.
    eshropshire likes this.
    03-22-17 11:57 AM
    I liked Evernote but quickly ditched and migrated it for OneNote when they came out with their ridiculous premium pricing scheme.
    I agree. I started using OneNote several years ago and some coworkers highly recommended Evernote. I started using it and then they changed their prices so I deleted Evernote from all my devices and moved back to OneNote.
    03-22-17 12:38 PM
    OP, I hear you re: anchor apps (apps that keep you on a particular platform). Mine are ones I've been using for a LONG time across OSes like Ascendo DataVault, Mint, Swype, etc.

But it also goes to show the importance of picking cross-platform apps so that one isn't trapped -- not that OP indicated he/she is necessarily trapped.
    03-22-17 01:27 PM
    Thanks, that's good to know, but..

"When you download apps from the Play Store, "some apps" will ask for permission to use information before you install. When you download apps that are built for Android 6.0 and up, "you can allow or deny permissions once you start using them.""

My thoughts go to: the data has already been accessed in the installation process, before I can deny future access. I may deny future access, but the initial access has been made. It's like closing the barn door, after the horses are out.
    Consider how many apps a person might install over the life of your device, and that initial process is repeated numerous times, refreshing the data previously collected.

Were as the BlackBerry Application Permission System, seems (I might be wrong), to allow denial of access prior to "some" collection of data.
    Again, I maybe incorrect...
    Mmmmhhhh, yeah. That barn door thing. Can you go offline just after download...? Have never tried... :-)

•   THISone, with the keys, hopefully coming soon to a phone store down unda... :-D   •
    03-23-17 03:33 PM
    I don't know if this would be considered irony but a lot of you are leaving bb10 due to specfic apps that you need or what. I however am on the other side of the coin as im keeping my BlackBerry Passport due to mainly one specific app. It's not a mainstream or popular app but it's extremely useful to me in my day to day job. It's called ''corky notes''. Basically a noteboard that is super user friendly an syncs with my calendar.

An yes I also have an android with the latest os but No note app even comes close to how intuitive it is. I manipulate the notes I take an pin them or drag them anywhere I want. All this coupled with its live tile and my agenda is always set for the day front and center. So that in itself is the main reason I'll probably put off the keyone for awhile atleast till a developer makes a similar app in the playstore. I asked the developer about porting it but unfortunately he has no plans too.

Posted via CB10
    Corky Notes and Lazy Lists are my favorite too!

via Passport OG
    Last edited by Q10Bold; 03-23-17 at 04:00 PM.
    03-23-17 03:39 PM
    The one thing that's kept me on BlackBerry 10 is the HUB.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-17 05:50 PM
    The one thing that's kept me on BlackBerry 10 is the user interface and keyboard.
    03-23-17 06:34 PM

A BlackBerry Fan!!!
    This.
    03-25-17 10:42 AM
    My wife went to Samsung S7, from her beloved Z30, just so she could have remote start, navigation etc for our base 2017 Ford Escape using the free FordPass app (needs Google Play). These options would cost thousands more, otherwise, as you would need a higher end Ford to get them standard equipment. FordPass works great but she misses her Corky notes badly.
    I tried her S7 but am sticking to my Z30 for its great integrated file manager, music player, predictive KB and, of course, classic Hub.

BB, Still the One
    03-25-17 02:42 PM
    At least it isn't a BB10 exclusive: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/cork...mt=8&at=10l3Vy
    Way to break his spirit.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-17 06:19 PM
    LazyLists is great! The evernote app is good too, one of the better apps on BB10 and one of those things making a PKB completely essential for me.

The other thing (not really an app) is the calendar/email. Every provider I use: from yahoo to my work's newish exchange server, just works. Could not get Android working with Yahoo calendar, and the office recommends the Outlook app on IOS. Why do I need an app to do something as basic as email?

Posted via CB10
    03-25-17 06:31 PM
30 12