I need convincing to stay with RIM and their blackberry's. I hate the web browser even on os6 ! I am seriously thinking of switching to the Iphone 4gs/5 when it comes out. However I do love BBM.

Also constant rebooting of my blackberry is really annoying me, along with the rubbish Facebook app.
    06-04-11 03:02 PM
    I need convincing to stay with RIM and their blackberry's. I hate the web browser even on os6 ! I am seriously thinking of switching to the Iphone 4gs/5 when it comes out. However I do love BBM.

Also constant rebooting of my blackberry is really annoying me, along with the rubbish Facebook app.
    No one needs to convince you. Get what works for you 'Apple2011'
    06-04-11 03:11 PM
    I have a blackberry so i'm not an apple fanboy
    06-04-11 03:21 PM
    the choice is and will remain yours...you appear to have your mind made up as far as what you like and dislike in regards to the product...do what satisfies you..
    06-04-11 03:34 PM
    One less person whinning please leave

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-11 04:04 PM
    Nobody is here to convince you to stay with device or move to another. If you think you need convincing then maybe you should just go with your gut and find out for yourself. BBM isn't the be all and end all app either, there are other apps that are similar like live profile that you can use.
    What works for me may not work for you.
    06-04-11 04:08 PM
    The choice is clear, Apple has the best brower, for now. If browsing is important to you, Apple.

However, if communications is your primary use, stay with BlackBerry.

Need best of both Worlds? Get both, that is what I did.
    06-04-11 04:08 PM
    The choice is mine. You're staying with BlackBerry.

southlander likes this.
    06-04-11 04:31 PM
    Facebook 2.0 is as good as, if not better than the iphone's Facebook app (I've used both).

I also love bbm and its a big reason why I stay with BB, but there are a lot of other things the BB can offer that an iphone can't in terms of messaging and ease of phone use.

Though, as said before by others, its really your choice. Go with whichever OS you like better. But if reboots and slowness is the only thing you are upset about, the new blackberry devices should cure that problem perfectly.

06-04-11 04:44 PM
    I think users like the OP won't be satisfied with either phone 100%, get both like Reed.

06-04-11 05:53 PM
    The choice is mine. You're staying with BlackBerry.

Heh! T�nis decides for everyone who starts one of these threads from now on! YAY!

06-04-11 06:01 PM
    for you, i say the apple route is the way.you already made your mind.you are not fond of any blackberry features.like someone mentioned, bbm is replaceable.if you are looking for perfection, then you are not going to find it.like the saying goes, grass is not always greener on the other side.
    06-04-11 11:33 PM
    like the saying goes, grass is not always greener on the other side.
    Actually the saying is that the grass "is" always greener on the other side; it's meant to describe a common fallacy.

For the OP, really? You come onto a BlackBerry forum with "Apple2011" and start asking whether you should switch? Unbelievable.
    06-04-11 11:42 PM
    First off, it might help if we knew what BB you have. Constant rebooting is a problem on very few phones. If you have a Storm, that surely would explain your frustration, but that is not typical of all BB's. I'm on my third BB and I've had nothing but good luck with them all.

If you're good with a touch-screen-only device, I'd say go with the iPhone. Otherwise, hang on for another month or two and check out the next batch of BB's coming out.
    06-05-11 08:07 AM
    Were not here to convince you and make your mind up for you. Last time I checked we weren't therapists here.

I have a BB because that's what suits me. If you want of feel the need to get another phone then do so.

06-05-11 08:26 AM
    No one can convince you to be happy with something you're not. Do what you think is best.

06-05-11 09:55 AM
    Got to love a member that comes in here with the name "apple 2011" and complains about a BB...

I call shenanigans and seems this dood has fooled a few of ya...not I!
    06-06-11 12:16 AM
    I must say the username choice was foolish, but it's apple2011, not iphone2011. I love apple (and have an iPod, iPad, a macbookpro and new iMac, BUT, I love blackberry as a phone and wouldn't get an iPhone over my Bold.

Regardless, rumors of the new iPhone will definitely be appealing to a lot of people, but so will the new BB devices (I myself can't wait to try out both the Monaco and the Bold Touch). But I think the Bold 99XX vs. the new iPhone is a hard decision for many so maybe the OP's question is legit (though he/she should have worded the prompt better than "convince me").
    06-06-11 12:28 AM
    The choice is clear, Apple has the best brower, for now. If browsing is important to you, Apple.

However, if communications is your primary use, stay with BlackBerry.

Or get an iPad and a BB. I would say that communications is mostly better on the BB and BB 6 has brought the display of HTML emails up to par. However, the iPhone/iPad handles attachments much better.

iOS is also a much better platform for third party applications.
    06-06-11 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD