Let me break it down:

1. I have one 8700g, on an Exchange Server at work.
    2. Everything sync's wirelessly. From time to time I connect at work for backups...
    3. I want to be able to add the items from my HOME Outlook to my 8700g, without losing my work calendar, tasks, etc...
    4. I want to do this by connecting the usb cable to my HOME pc...
    5. I have BIS accounts setup, and they work fine...

6. Can this be done, and has anyone done it?

If yes, and yes, please explain the process. Thanks in advance
    03-17-07 09:34 AM
    I did this at home before, just setup my desktop software for BIS instead, Of course I did this before I hooked up to the BES server at work and only hook up at home to backup and that's about now.
    03-17-07 11:08 AM
    ...but, I want to be able to, on a regular basis copy my 'personal Outlook items (Task, Calendar, Contacts, etc) to my work BlackBerry. I don't mind if my work and personal data mesh...
    03-17-07 12:01 PM
    Hell make a backup of it, then try to sync via your home computer and see what happens. My BB is acting up bad right now so I can't chance screwing anything up on it.
    03-17-07 04:15 PM
    When trying to sync the calendar features, it will give a message, "Wireless sync is setup, thus this sync is not possible..."
    03-17-07 09:16 PM
    I sync to both my work and home computer. At work I use the BIS and at home I don't use BES or BIS. At home I just connect and sync everything except the e-mails. My home address is a hotmail acct whish gets pushed through the BIS so it works perfect for me. Hope this helps eventhough it's an old subject.
    07-18-07 06:50 AM
    I have an 8700C, two virtually identical PCs running XP sp2, Outlook 2003 and BB desktop 4.2. When I sync with one, then make changes to the BB calendar, then sync with the other, I get duplicate (calendar) entries on the BB and the second PC. My outlook is on a hosted server (NO local Outlook pst files) so I'm syncing with the same Outlook data from both PC's.

I'm not syncing emails (only calendar, tasks, notes and address book)

I imagine this has something to do with the timestamp on the sync log. How can I sync with 2 pc's without creating duplicate entries?
    08-12-07 12:53 AM
    I have BES configured at work and all worked fine until I syncronized with my home computer to get my contact and calendar on my personal merged with my work. I need this so that I can have my home contacts on my phone.

When I sync at home setting up BIS, but not any email, I have to turn off wireless sync on my handheld temporarily. This isnt a huge issue for me.

My problem is that after the sync is finished, I am unable to send via the Messages application. I receive messages from my Work's BES, but I cannot send or reply to messages. When replying, I only have an option to Save Draft. When sending new messages, it tries to send for 24 hours and then gives an error message.

Any ideas on how I can syncronize two Outlooks (one using BES and one personal home computer using BIS or nothing).

Thanks.

Mike
    08-21-07 11:40 PM
    ...but, I want to be able to, on a regular basis copy my 'personal Outlook items (Task, Calendar, Contacts, etc) to my work BlackBerry. I don't mind if my work and personal data mesh...
    I will be purchasing my Blackberry in about a month, and this is exactly what I would like to do once I get it. From what I've been reading in the forums, it doesn't seem as though there is an easy way to have BES setup for work items and still be able to sync my personal Outlook info (calendar, tasks, notes). Have you since had any luck with this, and if so, how would I go about getting both my work and personal data onto my BB while keeping the info on my work (BES) and personal (BIS) computers completely seperate? If there is a link to a post or a sticky about this, please point me in that direction. Hopefully you can help me out. Thanks!
    Last edited by QuezXLV; 09-17-07 at 11:57 AM.
    09-17-07 10:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD