Yesterday I had some time reading a couple of Nokia Conversations stories. Those of you who don't know what it is: Nokia Conversations was Nokias own blog, writing about hints and inside tips for Nokia devices, software, photography and company related news. It used to be quite interesting, until that Microsoft deal happened and especially since Redmond's takeover, the stories got worse and worse. Repackaged blabla marketing. The story I'd like to share is a nice example.

Once upon a time, VolkerWessels� construction and real estate division was a BlackBerry stronghold, with around 2,000 mobile phone subscriptions. But as years went by, working habits changed and VolkerWessels� employees became increasingly mobile. They needed a tool that would let them access their entire working environment anywhere, at any time.
    Since I am not a fan of ripping articles off other sites, here is the link to the full story:
    How Lumia helps VolkerWessels build employee happiness - Conversations
    Obviously VolkerWessels didn't know about the new BB10 OS....

However I'd like to respond to the story's last question, Was your switch to Lumia equally blissful?.
    Back in March I switched from a BlackBerry Q10 to a Lumia 1020. It was a refreshing experience with a nice UI and of course a stunning camera. Last month however I finally switched back to my Q10 and haven't really looked back since, although I really do miss that camera. Composing texts on that physical QWERTY is much better for me compared using a virtual keyboard, Microsofts new flow-type didn't make it better at all. Last but not least it was the horrible, horrible way of handling mail attachments and local files which drove me back to the 'berry. Quickly attach a PDF or document on a mail you composed? Not possible, the built-in mailing app only allows to attach pictures. You need to "share" documents via specific apps like Adobe Reader or Office, but only one at a time!
    Vice versa want to save an attached PDF or .doc on your phone to send it over to a local computer? Not possible either out of the box, since they are saved into not accessible app storages folders. Unless you actually install a 3rd party file-manager which lets you work into it's app internal folders.
    And don't even get me started on the multitasking (or rather the lack of real multitasking) and the constant switching between many apps to get things done.

I think WP or the Lumia range in general is a nice choice for all individuals and especially smartphone newbies who like a decent and affordable introduction to such devices. But after using a Lumia half a year I can't stop shaking my head when I hear those Lumia for business claims. If I had one for work, I guess I already would've tossed it out the window like I almost did a couple of times with my 1020.
    09-03-14 03:00 AM
    Welcome back! The latest windows phone I owned was a 7.5. So I can't compare to a 8 or 8.1.

Love to play with one again, but instead, I went out and bought another Q10.

Oh well, I may get a 520 this month. Will see.

Good points though OP. I have 2 Qs running 10.2.2 and a 10. 3.0

Sent from my white Q10 using Tapatalk
    09-03-14 03:08 AM
    Personally I'm having a hard time figuring out which WP device is their currently "top of the art" one, because they are all named Lumia and only differ in numbers so that's a bit tough.

A few months ago I've been fortunate enough to play around with a 920 or whatever the number was. Needless to say I just didn't get the "flow" of it while the display was really nice, the countless animations and the overall "busy" feeling of the OS just didn't feel right to me. The camera really was top notch no complaints what so ever. The homescreen did also feel very cluttered.

But as always the more competition the better it drives innovations but personally I loved all my Nokia phones long before Microsoft got involved and finished by hostile takover by the rat known als Elop.
    09-03-14 03:58 AM
    Different phones work for different people! Glad you found something that works for you. I had a Q10 for a while too and I loved it, plus I have also used and enjoyed Lumia phones. Currently I'm sporting a BB Z30 and an Android Nexus 5.
    09-03-14 10:10 AM