Basically, last night i was on the phone to a friend for around 20 minutes, and after i put the phone down, i went back to bbming and the keys were playing up quite badly and typing various other letters when they shouldnt.

I left my phone and put it on charge. I came back later and tried to unlock it, however the screen was completely black. Not a single key on my device would change this. When i put the phone on charge however, the screen lit up and showed the clock but i couldnt get off this screen as the keys wouldnt work. If i leave the device for about 10 seconds off charge, the screen turns black again as i can't keep the screen lit.

I tried battery pulling a few times, the white screen with timer appears for a few minutes and the phone returns to its normal home screen, however locked. And before i can type in my pincode, it turns black again. If i put the phone on charge and take it out again, then i can see the home screen but the phone is locked. None of the keys on the device work atall!

I read up on the same problem that other people have questioned about, and alot of responses suggest looking at the liquid indicator. I did so, and it was still completely white.

Is there anyway i can fix this atall??? Please help! Any advice would be appreciated.....

Will
    11-16-10 01:49 PM
    If you took apart your 9700, you voided the warranty. If it expired, either way, you won't be able to get an exchange.

If you didn't take it apart or it hasn't expired yet, Try reloading the software with BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife, install it and click Load OS, select the OS from the list, Proceed to reloading it. Everything will be backed up, the OS reloaded, everything will be restored afterwards and if you get a reboot prompt, reboot the device.

If bbsak/reloading the OS doesn't help, a warranty exchange is the only way, or if it's void/expired, a new device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-10 02:26 PM
    If you took apart your 9700, you voided the warranty. If it expired, either way, you won't be able to get an exchange.

If you didn't take it apart or it hasn't expired yet, Try reloading the software with BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife, install it and click Load OS, select the OS from the list, Proceed to reloading it. Everything will be backed up, the OS reloaded, everything will be restored afterwards and if you get a reboot prompt, reboot the device.

If bbsak/reloading the OS doesn't help, a warranty exchange is the only way, or if it's void/expired, a new device.

This pretty much sums it all up. I did this for my friend and it took a little time but it worked

11-17-10 03:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD