I've seen this question posted in a few places around the forum, but haven't seen any informative answers.

From time to time, I'll get an email on my BB Pearl from months or even a year ago. It only comes to the phone, not to my webmail account (and thus, not to Outlook Express). The BB just seems to urp them up and resend them. It happens maybe three or four times per month. Sometimes it's just one email, sometimes three or four.

Anyone have a clue what's up with this?
    Last edited by Lillieperl; 08-26-09 at 09:51 AM. Reason: spelling
    08-26-09 09:43 AM
    You probably need to talk to Sprint's Blackberry support for this. Whatever's causing it no doubt can only be fixed with their assistance.
    08-26-09 03:32 PM
    I don't really consider it a problem. Everything else works fine, and I'm wary of a strategy that might fix this and break something else. I was mostly wondering if other people have experienced it and what anyone thinks the cause might be.

Oddly, right now I'm working on a grant proposal, and I've been waiting for a budget from my client to send in with the application. So the other day I got an email from this client and the subject line was "Widget Company Budget." I thought, "All right-- they're sending it to me without me having to ask for it a zillion times!" But when I looked carefully, it was LAST YEAR'S budget SENT LAST YEAR. This particular application is due about this time every year, you see... Mostly these random emails are from random past dates, but this one was meaningful and came on a meaningful date.

Weird.
    08-26-09 04:03 PM
    Are the emails digitally signed by any chance? When I had my work mail on my phone, I would get random emails from the past popping up as well. It seemed to happen when I would look at those emails (which I believe were all digitally signed) through my work Outlook client. It seemed like something Outlook was doing when reading older emails was making them appear as new emails on my phone.

Sadly, work blocked access to my work mail on my phone, so I can no longer verify this.
    08-26-09 04:11 PM
    Not sure if this pertains to your case or not, but if you reply to or forward an e-mail from your PC that's on your BlackBerry, it'll resend you the original e-mail to your BlackBerry.

Does anyone know how to turn this off?
    08-26-09 04:23 PM
    DST, I don't exactly know what "digitally signed" means. And were these emails that you had sent that Outlook was sending again to your phone? Or were these emails that you had RECEIVED and Outlook was sending again to your phone?

Apple, when I send an email from my BB, I get a copy of it. But I get a copy within minutes. I'm talking about emails FROM OTHERS TO ME that show up weeks, months, or years later... not emails that I'VE sent. I'm receiving emails AGAIN that were already sent to me by others.
    08-26-09 06:45 PM
    Ok I just had a similiar problem....At midnight (like 1/2 hr ago) my storm's email notification starting going off again again and again. Here my storm re-received a bunch of old (114 to be exact) emails from weeks and months ago. I did a quickpull and they continued to come in. I checked my email account and they were also there and I'm pretty sure I deleted them, but not totally positive b/c I hardly ever get on my email since having my emails pushed to my BB. Now on the phone under messages it is listed as today being received but we you click on the email and view it, it has the date it was originally received. Any ideas as to why this happened? Oh also I have three emails being pushed to my BB and it only occured with the one (verizon.net). Running Ly's 151/5.0 hybrid in case that matters.
    08-27-09 11:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD