So, I upgraded my OS from the official 4.5.0.77 to the official 4.5.0.127 that Bell released (so my OS for my carrier, so there shouldn't be issues, right? )

That's fine.

SO I am using it and Scott's using it on his Pearl. We both have some wierd little bugs happening, so I roll it back to 4.5.0.77. Now both of these were rolled back from the OS version I had downloaded to the computer, with the loader files customized and the Verizon themes unlocked. Now, no matter what I do, I cannot keep the Verizon themes, even though I have not touched the loader files, and am using the local version, not the auto version the new DM wants to use.

SO thats fine, no big, we both have enough themes to go without the Verizon. But here is where it's pissing me off.

Since I rolled it back, Scotts Pearl is peachy keen. My Curve, on the other hand, has an annoying little bug. Anytime that I have to battery pull or reset, if I am using a theme that is designed for the 4.5 OS, when the phone restarts it force defaults the theme to the carrier theme. It doesn't do it for 4.2 or 4.3 designed themes, only the 4.5. And nothing I do, not a wipe and reload, nothing will stop it from happening.

It's not a huge deal but it's annoying to have to go in and put my theme back on everytime I swap batteries or have to restart.

Any suggestions from the OS gurus? I mean, I like to think I'm pretty good with the OS now, lord knows I got the practice when trying to fix the damage Unite did to my Pearl lol...but this one has me stumped.

EDIT

I should mention, one of the bugs we were having was this very issue, that's what made me do the roll back. The roll back fixed Scott's back good as new, minus the unlocked vendor themes being removed, but mine kept the bug.
    03-24-09 11:36 PM
    When you installed 4.5, did you remove the vendor.xml file first? If I am remembering correctly, you can't load other carrier themes onto your BB if the vendor.xml file is in place.
    03-25-09 07:43 AM
    I have never had to remove the vendor xml file before whenever I have unlocked it, I simply changed my carrier code in the text of the ALX file like always. I know you have to remove the .xml file if you are installing another vendors OS release on your phone (so Bell on Verizon) but I'm using my carrier OS...

I'm more concerned with the fact that it's forcing me to have to reactivate my themes every time I restart, and only 3rd party themes designed on Plazmic 4.5
    03-25-09 11:19 AM
    Did you completely wipe your device (JL_Cmndr) before upgrading and/or downgrading?
    03-25-09 01:26 PM
    yep, and have tried it again after the fact to fix the bug. Went flawlessly on the Pearl, buggy still on the Curve.
    03-25-09 01:27 PM
    yep, and have tried it again after the fact to fix the bug. Went flawlessly on the Pearl, buggy still on the Curve.
    Wipe device with JL_Cmndr, then downgrading back to 4.3. After that wipe with JL_Cmndr again, then re-install 4.5 (I suggest .131)
    03-25-09 02:06 PM
    I'm a little confused, do you or don't you want the Verizon theme on your BB?

If you don't, you can remove it from your OS when reinstalling your OS with CracKMem. I ditched my Verizon carrier theme a while ago since I never use it. Now after a reset, it just boots up with whatever 3rd party theme I'm on.
    03-25-09 02:25 PM
    I have always had the t-mobile (not verizon, my bad) unlocked on my phones and kept my bell theme. However all of a sudden I can't keep them. The real issue is the fact that I have to reset my theme everytime I hard start on a battery swap.

I'm gonna downgrade the DM again and wipe, reload to 4.3 and then wipe again and reload 4.5 using the old version of DM - I hate this new version.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 11:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD