This is my first post to Crackberry....been reading over a year though. Newbie is a relative term I guess. Anyway...Here is my situation.

I have a bluetooth radio in my car. I would like to have a profile that says "car", with wifi turned off, bluetooth turned on etc. I would like another for the gym, with NO ATT service, only bluetooth, etc. Is this possible?

I am sure that it is, as my 3 year old sony phone was able to do this, I just can't figure it out. It will be so nice just to do a quick profile change and get ALL of the settings inside right.

Thx for your replies guys. The Bold ROX.

Big Boi
    01-25-09 11:57 AM
    I'm not 100% certain but I don't think those are options that can be controlled by profiles.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-09 12:03 PM
    Those are all connection things and I dont think you can set those in profiles. Oh and the term is lurker not newbie =p
    01-25-09 12:06 PM
    REALLY? Wow...that would actually be a swift kick in the ribs....considering I could do that with my 3 year old phone (that only had mono bluetooth 1.0). Surely it can...I can't be the only one wanting this. Lurker....funny...yet sooo true.
    Last edited by Big Boi; 01-25-09 at 12:09 PM.
    01-25-09 12:06 PM
    Honestly you don't need to turn the stuff on and off I have everything on all the time and my battery life is over a day.
    01-25-09 12:10 PM
    yeah...you are right. I even have extra batteries. I just KNEW this would be possible, so why not find out how. I run Slacker for hours, so battery life is an issue. I have to say that this is my first negative mark on the resume of the Bold. Oh well, still love it. Maybe this will get fixed in future OS updates.
    01-25-09 12:14 PM
    Why don't you simply turn off your radio connection if you are only using bluetooth? Or did I misunderstand and you use slacker through bluetooth?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-09 03:39 PM
    I still want to be able to get my calls; also, unless you are caching the station, the radio needs to be on so the station can stream
    01-25-09 03:44 PM
    i have an unlocked storm.....can i use visual voice mail with at&t?
    01-25-09 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD