Got my Bold and loving it. First thoughts, LOVE having the keyboard, really enjoying the professional build of the device compared to the iPhone. Not liking the browser so much but I may just need to get used to it or try out some other ones. Now for my questions:

I thought pics showed up in emails now, but the pics in my emails don't show up, how do I make this work?

Is the 'MediaNet' on the phone the only app store or is there one online?

Does blackberry have somewhere to purchase movies/tv shows to watch on the phone? If not, what kind of movies can I download and play on here? I see there there is an excellent streaming program, but I'm more concerned with watching movies on flights.

I'm trying to limit the questions lol, but one more, if I get the replaceable battery door will the Case Mate Smart Skin still fit on my phone?

Thanks
    05-12-09 01:15 AM
    To get pics to show up in email, press Menu, select Get Images. You have to do this for every email if you want to see the images.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-09 01:19 AM
    Ah dope, thank you, wonder why they don't have a default setting for that though
    05-12-09 01:27 AM
    ohhh also, where is google maps/blackberry maps??? a little pissed that you have to pay 10 bucks a month for gps, but one of those programs would do, i thought the phone would at least come with blackberry maps
    05-12-09 01:28 AM
    Here is the link to the Blackberry App world that you can send to your phone and look for all sorts of applications!

BlackBerry - BlackBerry App World Download
    05-12-09 01:30 AM
    For online app stores, you can look here at Crackberry! Which is also available to get the CB launcher to view on your mobile!

BlackBerry Apps and BlackBerry Themes- Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    05-12-09 01:31 AM
    I'd stay away from Appworld, it's a waste of memory. You can grab your apps from here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...d-links-21096/

05-12-09 01:32 AM
    And here:

http://m.crackberry.com/otaapps.html

05-12-09 01:34 AM
    The BB Maps should just be an icon on the home screen menu.
    05-12-09 01:40 AM
    The BB Maps should just be an icon on the home screen menu.
    Yeah I thought it would be but I don't see it, I was thinking maybe I don't have the latest software because I see on the blackberry site that BB Maps is part of volume 4.5. Only problem is I have a Mac so I don't know how to download the update.
    05-12-09 01:45 AM
    Is the 'MediaNet' on the phone the only app store or is there one online?
    There is also the BB App World (Download BlackBerry App World) and the CB App Store (http://crackberry.com/appstore). Go to these links from your BB browser to install the apps to your device.

Does blackberry have somewhere to purchase movies/tv shows to watch on the phone? If not, what kind of movies can I download and play on here? I see there there is an excellent streaming program, but I'm more concerned with watching movies on flights.
    There isn't a way to purchase movies or shows directly from the device but you can place them onto your device from your computer. A good place to get movies and shows for your device is in the Movies/Videos Forum

Ah dope, thank you, wonder why they don't have a default setting for that though
    There is a default setting to turn on getting the images automatically but it doesn't work for every email for security reasons.

ohhh also, where is google maps/blackberry maps??? a little pissed that you have to pay 10 bucks a month for gps, but one of those programs would do, i thought the phone would at least come with blackberry maps
    BB Maps should already be on your device labeled as maps. If not installed you can install it from the app loader within Desktop Manager. For google maps, go to Mobile Google Maps Download from the BB Browser.

Last edited by ArmaK; 05-12-09 at 01:52 AM.
    05-12-09 01:47 AM
    Yeah I thought it would be but I don't see it, I was thinking maybe I don't have the latest software because I see on the blackberry site that BB Maps is part of volume 4.5. Only problem is I have a Mac so I don't know how to download the update.
    You need a pc then. Thats the only way you can update the OS, or you could use VMWare to load up windows or bootcamp to dual boot, but i think just using a pc would be easier.
    05-12-09 01:50 AM
    And here:

http://m.crackberry.com/otaapps.html

Thanks! Got Google Maps, now I gotta browse through the rest of these.
    05-12-09 01:51 AM
    You need a pc then. Thats the only way you can update the OS, or you could use VMWare to load up windows or bootcamp to dual boot, but i think just using a pc would be easier.
    Damn I can't do it through the phone?? I have Fusion but I haven't figured out how to connect it to the internet yet.
    05-12-09 01:52 AM
    Ok, got the desktop manager up and running, got all the updates, got a bunch of apps, ready to rock! Thanks for all the help everyone
    05-12-09 06:28 AM
    BB Maps is blocked by AT&T so Google Maps is going to be your best option.
    05-12-09 07:51 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry.com! One stop shopping for all your BB needs. Help and advice, apps, OS updates, and TONS of info!
    05-12-09 08:12 AM
    Good to hear! Enjoy!
    05-12-09 08:36 PM
    Thanks for all the help so far everyone, I'm sorry but I've got a couple more questions

My Bold keeps dying at night, I go to bed with a full battery and wake up with a dead phone, any idea what's causing this?

Is there a difference between the microSD card and the media card? I'm going to get a microSD card today and I know that there are several kinds out there, what's the best one for my Bold?

Anyone carry their berry in their pocket? What's the best way to prevent pocket dialing?
    05-13-09 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";