And it absolutley demolishes my battery. If I leave it running, and let it update whenever it is set to, I cant get more than half a day out of my BB.

If I update it only when I use it, it takes forever, since its updating like a brazzillion things at a time.
    Are these two issues normal?

I dont think I like it as much as everyone says I should..lol
    03-10-08 07:33 PM
    I have had it on my BB since I got it and have not had any problems. My battery lasts me all day, at least 12hrs.
    03-10-08 07:38 PM
    I've had it for a couple of months and it hasn't caused me to experience any battery draining either.

How many channels do you have? I have about 12 - 15 channels set up.

Are you limiting the number of items per channel. I think the default is 50 and that is what mine is set at.

It really is a cool program and it keeps me up to date on stuff---especially handy when waiting in an office for an appointment.
    03-10-08 07:55 PM
    Ditto. I still get nearly 2 days out of my battery with Viggo and a few other apps running. I have it set to update every 30 min. Never noticed a problem or thought twice about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-08 07:55 PM
    I'm not having problems with it either! Maybe double check that you're limiting messages as mentioned above??

suz
    03-11-08 09:53 AM
    I recently d/l Viigo also. I am not sure I see what all the hype about it is. I mean I can surf over to cnn.com or some other .wap site and get the same information. It also seems to be a bit of a pain in the ____ to have to delete everything as well. Am I missing something about this program?
    03-11-08 10:01 AM
    For me, it's just handy having brief synopses of news in which I'm interested available to me in one place, rather than going from site to site. Obviously, if I want more depth than what an RSS feed provides, I'll go to a site to read further.
    03-11-08 10:07 AM
    Lol I think so.

First of all, don't delete any of them manually. They will eventually be replaced by newer news.

Subscribe to everything you want that is rss capable. It's nice to have it all in one place.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by pooger; 03-11-08 at 10:45 AM.
    03-11-08 10:10 AM
    Oh, - Ok - I didn't realize they delete automatically. Always something to learn at Crackberry !
    03-11-08 10:18 AM
    Oh, - Ok - I didn't realize they delete automatically. Always something to learn at Crackberry !
    Neither did I! Good stuff. Beats the heck out of deleting.
    03-11-08 10:20 AM
    What is viigo? just an RSS feed?
    03-11-08 10:22 AM
    What is viigo? just an RSS feed?
    Not a feed per se, but a reader. It's a free reader that allows you to setup as many RSS feeds as you want and read them from your BB. It runs in the background, updating as frequently as you want it to. If you do a search of the forum using Viigo as a keyword, you'll find lots of info from people who have used it a lot longer than me.
    03-11-08 10:30 AM
    Ok, Im gonna recharge and pull the battery, and let viigo run in background.
    I havent changed any setting on it, other than setting up a few of my own feeds.
    Ill let you know by the end of tomorrow what my experience is.
    03-12-08 10:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD