04-17-08 03:02 PM
26 12
tools
    so verizon is finally coming out with the curve...
    however, now that the day is finally approaching, do i really want to get rid of my pearl and move to the curve?? i heard verizon "blocks out" some of the curves main features/selling points.... what are the advantages/disadvantages of the curve vs the pearl besides the obvious qwerty/suretype issue?
    any advice is greatly appreciated!!!
    04-17-08 01:05 PM
    I had a pearl too and I decided to get myself a curve because it liked how it fit in the palm of my hand.. bigger screen hehe so i can watch stuff on it. qwerty keyboard like you mentioned is mainly why i chose to get a curve! :-P
    04-17-08 01:09 PM
    I am in the same boat jenay.... I love my pearl, but the curve is the phone I really wanted... It will all come down to cost for me..
    04-17-08 01:11 PM
    yeah i dont know how much it will be but since its verizon, it will be a lot! cost isnt really what im concerned with..... i know it took me a while to get used to suretype, so im thinking maybe qwerty might just be a pain in the bootie...???
    04-17-08 01:15 PM
    Hi I just switched and was really scared because I am using a new carrier but I have not hung up on anyone..
    i got the curve from tmobile coming from the pearl verizon . I LOVE THE SIZE OF THE CURVE if this helps
    04-17-08 01:18 PM
    QWERTY is real easy, you shouldn't have any problems.
    04-17-08 01:20 PM
    can anyone tell me how to know for sure if i am using wifi in my home it says tmobile and MO which is our network just seems to good to be true
    04-17-08 01:20 PM
    you will love it because it is so light just like the pearl....
    04-17-08 01:21 PM
    so it seems the size of the curve is goodl... everyone ive ever heard loves it. im just worried about the qwerty because i have kinda long nails and im afraid itll be hard to type!
    is it worth the money upgrading though? what does it to that the pearl doesnt?
    04-17-08 01:22 PM
    I'm was torn too, until I held a Curve. I love love love my Pearl, but the Curve takes the cake, hands down.
    04-17-08 01:23 PM
    riley- really? how so??
    04-17-08 01:24 PM
    I had a Curve for the last 5 months, it was my first BB and I loved it, it was great but I wanted something smaller so I bought the new Pearl 8120. I prefer the Pearl because of the size, I forget it's even in my pocket!
    04-17-08 01:25 PM
    I don't think your long nails will be much of a problem. The keys have a little space in between. and I dont think it would be hard to switch to qwerty. I didn't have that much trouble.. THAT hehe. You should go and hold one.. it will be like love at first sight
    04-17-08 01:29 PM
    i dont mind a larger phone.... i carry big purses so thats fine with me.
    i just wonder about the actual features... and if it like runs slow and acts funny a lot like my pearl does... i hate that.
    04-17-08 01:29 PM
    the bigger screen and the better camera...i loved my pearl but the curve much more
    04-17-08 01:44 PM
    Mines doesn't run slow except for when I want to view my pictures. It lags a bit there, the pearl is faster when it came to loading pictures(I tested it). But that's nothing to fuss about. Everything is pretty much good speed like the pearl.
    04-17-08 01:44 PM
    If you already have the pearl from verizon than the same features are blocked. Go with whomever gives you the best coverage in your area.
    04-17-08 01:53 PM
    It's just as light and the size difference (at least to me) was negligible. It has that great screen which was easier to see on and it felt more comfortable in my palm than my Pearl (which I sometimes feel I'm ten seconds from dropping.) Also, qwerty eliminates those embarrassing SureType errors...and I know you've had them. Lol.

I'm going to miss aspects of my Pearl, but am anxious as heck to get the Curve.
    04-17-08 01:59 PM
    yeah ive definitely had some weird suretype mistakes.... wont go into detail, but they were definitely akward.

the curve has a better camera!? ::
    04-17-08 02:06 PM
    ugh im havin the same dilemma! i have sprint tho..
    i really love my pearl but now i want the curve..
    im sooo torn!
    04-17-08 02:18 PM
    i know with verizon you have 30 days to return a phone if you dont like it. however, has anyone actually every done that? is it a big hassle??
    04-17-08 02:27 PM
    You can return a phone within 30 days if you don't like it, and no it was never a hassle for me. Just make sure you have everything that came with it.
    04-17-08 02:30 PM
    i dont even like suretype...i use the multitap.
    04-17-08 02:39 PM
    I've had my Curve for about 2 months & I use it heavily. I haven't had any problems so far! Its a great size w/ features that mix business & pleasure perfectly!

& don't worry - QWERTY is fine if you have long nails - I do too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-08 02:44 PM
    i wonder if verizon will introduce other colours of the curve like they did with the pearl... ?
    the silver is kinda... icky
    04-17-08 02:47 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD