Alright, i have had my curve since October of last year and since then, I have heard CONSTANT stories about the famed OS 4.3 / 4.5 for our devices being released SOON. I have seen the new 8120/8110/8130 devices come out with new OS's and STILL nothing for the rest of us. Now i pride myself on patience, HOWEVER, trying to get our hands on UNSTABLE BETA copies of the OS is ridiculous!!!

When is X-MAS going to come to the rest of us!!!! WES is almost gone and STILL no word on when this will be released for us!!! HECK!!! WE HAVE ALREADY HEARD ABOUT OS 4.6 ON THE BOLD!!!! What about us Curve/Pearl/88xx owners who are STILL STUCK ON 4.2???!!?

I know that this is a bit of a rant, but i know my fellow Blackberry Brethren have to have something to say about this as well!!!!
    05-14-08 09:29 PM
    I feel your pain. And yes I'm a little miffed that RIM is talking about 4.6 without a release of 4.5, but being as patient as death, I'm completely willing to wait until they release a solid, working version.
    05-14-08 09:37 PM
    i understand, i tried the BETA and was turned off by the obvious flaws that you would get with a beta version of anything...its just taking FOREVER!!!! For all this wait, we might as well skip the 4.3/4.5 update and be given the 4.6 directly when the BOLD is released this summer!!!
    05-14-08 09:40 PM
    The 4.5.0.10 beta was a mess but I have been pretty happy with .18. I imagine we can all have 4.6 this summer if we buy the bold! Not crazy about that name btw.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-08 10:00 PM
    Alright, i have had my curve since October of last year and since then, I have heard CONSTANT stories about the famed OS 4.3 / 4.5 for our devices being released SOON. I have seen the new 8120/8110/8130 devices come out with new OS's and STILL nothing for the rest of us. Now i pride myself on patience, HOWEVER, trying to get our hands on UNSTABLE BETA copies of the OS is ridiculous!!!

When is X-MAS going to come to the rest of us!!!! WES is almost gone and STILL no word on when this will be released for us!!! HECK!!! WE HAVE ALREADY HEARD ABOUT OS 4.6 ON THE BOLD!!!! What about us Curve/Pearl/88xx owners who are STILL STUCK ON 4.2???!!?

I know that this is a bit of a rant, but i know my fellow Blackberry Brethren have to have something to say about this as well!!!!
    Well all have the same rant! But what can we do?? Nothing except wait it out.
    05-14-08 10:03 PM
    I agreeM We're already seeing "proposed" dates for new berries and no dates for the new(and improved) OS. WTF? A lot of people are not going to be able to update or purchase a new berry. Fortunately, I can purchase a new one

05-14-08 10:18 PM
    .18 has memory leaks, too! I won't go into the other issues that have been posted here on at least 6-7 different threads. Anyway, I feel much better, now. Didn't change a d**n thing, but, I feel better

05-14-08 10:24 PM
    4.5 has more great for me. I've stopped the memory leakage issue and haven't needed to reset my phone. I still do just because.

05-14-08 11:41 PM
    Also, once again. RIM doesn't release garbage and has to wait for carriers to release the OS. It's not all of RIM's fault.
    05-14-08 11:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD