Well after many years of happy BlackBerry use our company has decided to jumped to IPhone. With the very recent release of the Z10 here in Oz makes it feel even worse.

OK so have only had the new phone for 3 days and I am not warming to it yet. 2 thumb typing looks like it is going to have to become a thing of the past. Can someone please explain why you need "swipe to unlock" how can I disable this redundant feature (I still need to enter a password after waking the phone up.

I had to wipe a small tear away yesterday when one of one colleagues was being "upgraded" and had 3 attempts at entering his Exchange password, he ended up having to write it down and the IT guy (after 2 attempts) had to enter it in for him. Same guy now has to put his glasses on every time he wants to use his phone.

My only comfort is my PB on which I type this thread.
    04-12-13 05:59 PM
    Looks like you need to get a new job! You want to find the guy who authorised the change to iphone and have a quiet word.
    04-12-13 06:06 PM
    1. You can disable swipe to unlock in the settings so that you can just use the top button like any other smartphone. In fact look on the crackberry home page. They just posted an article about it.

2. The z10 is actually the very first touchscreen phone that allows me to "Two thumb Type" in portrait mode. Just practice a bit. Or get the Q10 in a month.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 01:58 AM
    1. You can disable swipe to unlock in the settings so that you can just use the top button like any other smartphone. In fact look on the crackberry home page. They just posted an article about it.

2. The z10 is actually the very first touchscreen phone that allows me to "Two thumb Type" in portrait mode. Just practice a bit. Or get the Q10 in a month.

Posted via CB10
    He mentioned he is stuck with a Iphone unfortunately... wishes he had a z10, anyways that's what I understood.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 02:24 AM
    He mentioned he is stuck with a Iphone unfortunately... wishes he had a z10, anyways that's what I understood.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah you're right. Sorry.
    04-13-13 02:27 AM
    That sucks. Sorry to hear it man.

Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    04-13-13 07:05 AM
    Yeah that especially sucks since the keyboard on the z10 wipes the floor with the iphone.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 05:03 PM
    Go to Settings and then Display.

Simply turn off gesture.

Oh the disappointment!-img_00000280.png

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    04-13-13 06:43 PM
    Could be stuck with an old claim shell. Ack!

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    04-13-13 06:54 PM
    I would suggest going to your local branch of the Workplace Authority, citing unfair and inhumane work conditions. Don't take this sitting down!

Posted via CB10 with my BB10 Z10
    04-13-13 07:01 PM