I don't if this fake or legit

Here you go..

https://vid.me/6wKm
    08-29-15 02:50 AM
    And this is the phone where that 'fake' (we don't know) picture came from.
    It has the same icons on the bottom. Take a look

OG passport running Android-crackberry-image-22-.jpg

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 02:52 AM
    Seems legit but unlike others here in CB I am no expert.

Posted via my STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return
    MrDoreth likes this.
    08-29-15 02:54 AM
    And this is the phone where that 'fake' (we don't know) picture came from.
    It has the same icons on the bottom. Take a look

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CrackBerry Image(22).jpg 
Views:	2776 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	368805

Posted via CB10
    For those who can't see this, it says Switch to Android in the quick menu. I saw a larger version of this image somewhere online yesterday.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 06:13 AM
    Oh wow. That is interesting as hell

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    08-29-15 06:26 AM
    So to me then this does look like a hypervisor solution running 2 os simultaneously.

08-29-15 06:28 AM
    That would be some crazy shizz switching between OS with the push of a button

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 06:41 AM
    So to me then this does look like a hypervisor solution running 2 os simultaneously.

Yes, because nobody can give a straight answer on what a hypervisor does.

Posted via CB10
    motec bb, LazyEvul and Superfly_FR like this.
    08-29-15 06:44 AM
    So why didn't he tap the button?

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 06:50 AM
    Yes, because nobody can give a straight answer on what a hypervisor does.

Posted via CB10
    What? It's just a piece of software that creates, manages and monitors virtual machines.

sirius27 likes this.
    08-29-15 07:56 AM
    What? It's just a piece of software that creates, manages and monitors virtual machines.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypervisor

A hypervisor or virtual machine monitor (VMM) is a piece of computer software, firmware or hardware that creates and runs virtual machines.
    A computer on which a hypervisor is running one or more virtual machines is defined as a host machine. Each virtual machine is called a guest machine. The hypervisor presents the guest operating systems with a virtual operating platform and manages the execution of the guest operating systems. Multiple instances of a variety of operating systems may share the virtualized hardware resources.

brian4591 likes this.
    08-29-15 07:58 AM
    So you have a hypervisor running at a firmware level and don't allow either of the operating systems to directly access the hardware and voila android is secured.

08-29-15 08:01 AM
    So you have a hypervisor running at a firmware level and don't allow either of the operating systems to directly access the hardware and voila android is secured.

How does that secure Android exactly. Any software exploits would still be possible within Android. It's like saying I completely secured Windows because I run it in VmWare workstation. Sure, any hack on the Virtual machine cannot access the filesystem or resources from the Host OS, but the guest OS still presents the same security issues.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    08-29-15 08:06 AM
    It's fake. There is a post on a BlackBerry fan site that explains how this could have been done: with BES, some clever naming, and some clever configuration tricks.

Wide vision, from Chile.
    brian4591 likes this.
    08-29-15 08:07 AM
    How does that secure Android exactly. Any software exploits would still be possible within Android. It's like saying I completely secured Windows because I run it in VmWare workstation. Sure, any hack on the Virtual machine cannot access the filesystem or resources from the Host OS, but the guest OS still presents the same security issues.
    You could put the crypto kernel in the Hypervisor, and have the guest OS use that crypto kernel for all encryption purposes, including securing the secure work space, or have a second OS running completely that is the secure OS that talks back to the corporate network and is completely separate from the main OS. They don't care about securing consumer Android, only the work space or work OS. You can't secure a uncontrolled personal side because end users are stupid, you can only really keep the business side from being compromised by the personal side.

Posted via Z30
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    08-29-15 08:25 AM
    Oh boy...if blaze just see the word 'hypervisor' he'll ba laughing again

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 08:31 AM
    "OG" Passport is a word that really needs to die.
    zehkaiser, kbz1960 and m1kr0 like this.
    08-29-15 08:34 AM
    What the h E double hockey sticks!

Z10
    08-29-15 08:40 AM
    OGP. Original Gangster Passport. Yes!!

Posted by my fabulous red Passport
    Uzi likes this.
    08-29-15 10:03 AM
    I told you about a QNX hypervisor solution since minute 1. All people saying I'm a bit mad, OHA problems, bla bla bla... but... voil�!

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    08-29-15 10:47 AM
    You could put the crypto kernel in the Hypervisor, and have the guest OS use that crypto kernel for all encryption purposes, including securing the secure work space, or have a second OS running completely that is the secure OS that talks back to the corporate network and is completely separate from the main OS. They don't care about securing consumer Android, only the work space or work OS. You can't secure a uncontrolled personal side because end users are stupid, you can only really keep the business side from being compromised by the personal side.

Posted via Z30
    Exactly

08-29-15 01:17 PM
    Having the option to switch back and forth would be fantastic. I am still skeptical. But this would make a potential move to Android easier to take since we wouldn't be losing BB10.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 01:30 PM
    was it clarified whether the icon and 'switch to Android' was an artifact of BES admin? There was something about BES allowing the admin to label it free text and thus the 'switch to Android' didn't mean anything other than it was managed by BES. Lost the original thread where this was discussed and can't follow up.
    08-29-15 05:20 PM
    was it clarified whether the icon and 'switch to Android' was an artifact of BES admin? There was something about BES allowing the admin to label it free text and thus the 'switch to Android' didn't mean anything other than it was managed by BES. Lost the original thread where this was discussed and can't follow up.
    Basically if this device was BES enabled it would have an icon in the same spot with the same field that would say somet:hing like "switch to company xyz" from the personal side of the device. The idea here is that someone is trying to con us by naming the company in question Android

08-29-15 11:06 PM
    Basically if this device was BES enabled it would have an icon in the same spot with the same field that would say somet:hing like "switch to company xyz" from the personal side of the device. The idea here is that someone is trying to con us by naming the company in question Android

That explains the text field, but in the BES12 portion of the forum I opened a new thread asking about the icon change, which is harder to fake in a video, and got the following response,

You can change the text by policy, not the icon

Posted via CB10
    Looks like there may be a bit more to this...

Posted via CB10
    brian4591 likes this.
    08-30-15 12:01 AM
40 12