Kevin,

Any idea when you'll be doing the call out for pics?
    09-01-10 08:42 AM
    Kevin,

Any idea when you'll be doing the call out for pics?
    I got an email from GymTechnik Support...

This email is a reminder that the 60 day CrackBerry Fitness Challenge with your BlackBerry is now finished! And you had so graciously chosen to participate in the "Before/After" picture contest, where the CrackBerry community votes the best improvement.

We have received your "Before" photos, and now we need your "After" photos. Can you please send your "After" photo which you would like placed beside your "Before" photo for the community to vote. Send the photos to [email protected] and include your Gym Technik username and your CrackBerry username as well.

As a contest tip, take and submit as many photos as possible so the community has more to work with when scoring the winners. Take it in multiple angles, and a good "Front" and "Back" is key. You'll also need to hold a BlackBerry in hand for one of the shots submitted to be eligible for this contest.

Please make sure your photos are submitted to us by this Thursday August 2nd, end of day. (I think they meant to say, September. ) And don't forget the great prizes available for this contest: 4 free Gym Technik premium licenses, 1 pair of Nike Free 5.0 shoes or Vibram Five Fingers, $100 of free accessories from ShopCrackBerry.com

If you have any questions, just respond to this e-mail and I will gladly help.

Dusty @ Team Gym Technik

Disclaimer Note: This is a community vote, so your photos will be displayed on ⁢crackberry.com⁣ for the CrackBerry community to vote on who they think has made the best progress. If you aren't comfortable with your photo being displayed to the community, then feel free to opt out of this contest by simply not sending in your "After" photos. If you do send us the "After" photo, then you're agreeing to the above. ###

Yea, I don't think so, GT. My pics are no where as good as Kilted's! :-D
    09-01-10 12:31 PM
    TRJN you should put yours in! How good you look doesn't matter, but the progress you have made is what counts!
    09-02-10 02:55 PM
    Alright! Photos were due in last night. Kevin, let's get the befores and afters going. It's going to be awesome to see the changes that everyone made and hopefully will keep making.

Good luck all!
    09-03-10 07:45 AM
    Are the results ever going to get posted? Seems to have gone very quiet here.
    Im wondering the same thing Lee.
    09-10-10 02:37 PM
    Official 60 Day BlackBerry Fitness Challenge Support Thread

Howdy CrackBerry members and participants in our 60 Day BlackBerry Fitness Challenge. The event officially kicks off today (July 1st, 2010) and we'll use this thread over the next 60 days to keep each other motivated, on track, and going strong. If you're taking part in the challenge, be sure to say hello here. You can share as much info or as little as you want. Share your goals - where are you at now and where do you want to be. You can share your photos here too. If you're on twitter share your ID so we can follow each other.

When the 60 days is all over, in addition to the main contest prizes we're going to do up some extra special bonus prizes for those participating actively on this thread. So let's get to know each other, and get in shape this summer!!
    Calling Joryoung, Kilted_Thrower, and Lee_, you can post your photos right here if you like!
    09-10-10 03:11 PM
    I developed a bad leg pain that hinder my workouts, so since I didn't get the dramatic results I was hoping for, I did not post after photos.

EDIT: Now that the official BEFORE and AFTER pics are up for community voting, I am pulling my bowling pics. Great Job to Kilted_Thrower, Yester18, Joryoung, and Lee. I was hoping for some ladies to post pics, but I guess I am not the only one self-conscious about my progress. I got down a total of 12 pounds to date, but still got a long, long way to go.
    Last edited by trjnberry; 09-14-10 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Official Before and After pics are posted on CB Blog, removal of non contest pics
    09-10-10 03:34 PM
    Kevin, are you still keeping up with this challenge or are you eating sweets again my dear fearless Crackberry leader ! Alol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-10 02:16 AM
    Hello, Kevin! Are you hitting the gym! I'm working out. In the podcast you used to talk of the challenge and now you don't ! Why ?
    09-12-10 12:57 AM
    hey guys,

final best before / after vote is up on the blogs!

60 Day BlackBerry Fitness Challenge best before/after voting; Random tweet winner announced | CrackBerry.com

i kinda did crap for the 60 day fitness challenge, but am on a role now. few more weeks and i should be looking good

K
    09-14-10 04:27 PM
    Good luck all!
    09-14-10 07:38 PM
    Good luck all!
    Well done Sir!

Good luck to everyone and keep going. 60days is for the contest, your health is a lifetime!
    09-14-10 10:13 PM

Howdy CrackBerry members and participants in our 60 Day BlackBerry Fitness Challenge. The event officially kicks off today (July 1st, 2010) and we'll use this thread over the next 60 days to keep each other motivated, on track, and going strong. If you're taking part in the challenge, be sure to say hello here. You can share as much info or as little as you want. Share your goals - where are you at now and where do you want to be. You can share your photos here too. If you're on twitter share your ID so we can follow each other.

When the 60 days is all over, in addition to the main contest prizes we're going to do up some extra special bonus prizes for those participating actively on this thread. So let's get to know each other, and get in shape this summer!!
    my secret kevin for not gaining fat and to loose weight is not to eat 3 hours before you go to bed any starchy food. you can eat something without starch like salad or celery.
    09-15-10 03:58 AM

Be encourage Kevin!!!
    09-15-10 11:36 PM

Man is what he eats!
    09-16-10 11:59 AM
    Thanks to all of the folks that took part. It's been a blast and we've all done well I reckon!

~ Lee
    The final four finalists, including you, have done an excellent job for the short fitness challenge period. But, I think since the winner of the BEFORE and AFTER gets a free BlackBerry, the winner should be a BlackBerry user. Otherwise, Kilted_Thrower or Joryoung are likely to take their newly won BlackBerry and sell it to pay for their Android. That is just plain wrong! It's bad enough that we BlackBerry users have to read thread after thread of people leaving BB for Android here on CrackBerry. Do we need to watch the winner of a CrackBerry contest dump the BB to pay for his Android? I say No way! I am making my vote between Yester18 and Lee.
    09-16-10 12:31 PM
    The final four finalists, including you, have done an excellent job for the short fitness challenge period. But, I think since the winner of the BEFORE and AFTER gets a free BlackBerry, the winner should be a BlackBerry user. Otherwise, Kilted_Thrower or Joryoung are likely to take their newly won BlackBerry and sell it to pay for their Android. That is just plain wrong! It's bad enough that we BlackBerry users have to read thread after thread of people leaving BB for Android here on CrackBerry. Do we need to watch the winner of a CrackBerry contest dump the BB to pay for his Android? I say No way! I am making my vote between Yester18 and Lee.
    Trjn, now you know Lee is an equal opportunity brand user. He uses multiple phones. I'm also using both my 9700 and my Captivate...both have their pros and cons. Now if I win the 9800, the 9700 will get retired and go in the drawer with my 8310.

Trjn, I feel this is really unsupportive of you. I can honestly say that all those that participated in the bbm group and this contest were very supportive of you. And for you to turn around and not vote for someone that was on your side and supportive of you because they want to use two different platforms is just plain mean.

Can we not just vote on who had the best before and after results? I'm okay with the outcome if I don't win because someone thought someone else had a better before and after result. Opinions are subjective and that's the beauty of it. But to not vote for someone because they're using two platforms and base an assumption on what they might do...

Sigh.

The journey in this transformation and the things you learn about yourself while doing this is priceless. One of the lessons I learned from this contest is that there are a lot of brickwalls when trying to improve your body (insert mind and spirit also). These brickwalls are there to show just how bad you want something. The journey in this contest mirrors what happens in life. We have trials and challenges. And in these trials and challenges are brickwalls that we have to climb or smash through. This is when we find out how badly we want something. It could be getting an education, dealing with a family member, competing against others for a new job, etc. And experience is what we get when we don't get what we want.

What a 60 days it was.

I still say good luck to everyone and congrats to whomever wins.
    Last edited by kilted_thrower; 09-16-10 at 10:48 PM.
    09-16-10 10:35 PM
    Trjn, now you know Lee is an equal opportunity brand user. He uses multiple phones. I'm also using both my 9700 and my Captivate...both have their pros and cons. Now if I win the 9800, the 9700 will get retired and go in the drawer with my 8310.

Trjn, I feel this is really unsupportive of you. I can honestly say that all those that participated in the bbm group and this contest were very supportive of you. And for you to turn around and not vote for someone that was on your side and supportive of you because they want to use two different platforms is just plain mean.

Can we not just vote on who had the best before and after results? I'm okay with the outcome if I don't win because someone thought someone else had a better before and after result. Opinions are subjective and that's the beauty of it. But to not vote for someone because they're using two platforms and base an assumption on what they might do...

Sigh.

The journey in this transformation and the things you learn about yourself while doing this is priceless. One of the lessons I learned from this contest is that there are a lot of brickwalls when trying to improve your body (insert mind and spirit also). These brickwalls are there to show just how bad you want something. The journey in this contest mirrors what happens in life. We have trials and challenges. And in these trials and challenges are brickwalls that we have to climb or smash through. This is when we find out how badly we want something. It could be getting an education, dealing with a family member, competing against others for a new job, etc. And experience is what we get when we don't get what we want.

What a 60 days it was.

I still say good luck to everyone and congrats to whomever wins.
    KT, you ought to know me better than that! I was just teasing about the BB user angle.

But on a more serious note, here is why I want to vote for Lee. He was active on the BBM group like you. He gave tips like you did. Looking at your start pic, KT, your arms and chest are more defined than Lee. We learned in the BBM group that you were a coach of a soccer kids team and you were a teacher. Your own account on the CB blog of what did shows you're a gym rat. I think Lee was more like the rest of us. An everyday Joe with a life outside the gym. A schedule that didn't allow for an all day access to the gym. You weren't competing during the school year. You were competing during your summer break. You won the tweet contest likely because you were constantly working out. In the normal real world, most people can't make that kind of commitment. You should be congratulated for what you accomplished, but I think Lee was more inspirational for the rest of us.

KT, you won my respect & admiration in the BBM group with your dedication to the challenge. But so did Lee. Yea, Lee has an Android, but it was Lee's idea to keep the BBM group going beyond the contest. He started a new group so we continue to keep motivating each other. You dropped communication once you went Android. As an extremely obese person, I am more inclined to vote for Lee because he inspires me to continue and offers his support. He is not a gym rat. He's a normal guy with a life outside the gym who tried to get back to his glory days. I think many of us in this challenge can better relate to Lee than You, KT.

For clarification, a gym rat is a term used in sports for an athlete that spends an extraordinary amount of his or her time in the gym. It is often referred to a NBA player describing their childhood preparation for the pro league. KT, I figure you will win because you have the most impressive after pic, but I think Lee came from a worse starting point and improved greatly under the normal lifestyle that most of us on this challenge have. I think we'd all be fit like You & LL Cool J, if we could spend all our days in the gym!

Good luck, KT. If you win, cool. But I think Lee deserves it as much as you. I like both of you. It's not an easy vote, but I am more inspired by Lee, so I'll likely vote for him.
    09-17-10 02:07 AM
    Trjn, I like your second response. I think it was nicely worded.

I will say this...had I just been dieting to lose weight, there's no way I would've crammed all that into 60 days. But it was a challenge; it was a 'what can you do in 60 days compared to everyone else'? Keep in mind that my greatest activity level was done while I was back in school and coaching and my graduate classes were going on.

So you're prob right in that most people will relate to Lee. He made outstanding changes. Had I decided to just get as lean as possible and it were not a contest I would have taken a 16 week plan rather than an 8 week plan. It's kind of like when your classes in college are 16 weeks long and you decide to take a fast track class and suddenly your slammed with a ton of work in a very short amount of time.

I suppose gym rat is prob a good term. I'm a competitive thrower trying to go pro one day and so being in the weightroom is part of the game because all your other competition is also in the weightroom. And the heavier you are, the better you handle the weights, soooo...bigger is better in this respect. So I always thought it'd be nice to have some awesome abs, I was more concerned with just pure size and strength. I think I shared with the bbm group how mentally challenging it was to drop under 200 pounds. I had a moment where I was tempted to quit because I felt small and weak. Of course it was a mental issue but still an issue to overcome.

I do miss the bbm group but I was having to charge my 9700 three times a day when the group was active because it just absolutely kills my battery.

Lee, thank you for your words. I absolutely did work hard. I was always having to push myself. And I had to be smart about what I was doing. You can have the skills and tools but not always put it together.

What I like best about all this is now I have several students (that are not in my classes) that saw my results and are now working with me to lose weight, learn nutrition knowledge taht will benefit them for life, and develop healthy exercise habits that will hopefully stick with them for life. I think that's the best part...inspiring others, 'specially the youth.

Now I just need to get over to the other side of the pond to catch a pub and some footy with Lee.
    09-17-10 08:25 AM
    I agree with you on that!

09-19-10 02:33 AM
    @ kevin, my fearless leader , i want to show you a funny video about nutrition and smart phones! you are going to laugh . let me know kevin how you like it ok ? diet and food is important too right ? alol wacth it .

02-21-11 01:49 AM
    Allright heres my deal. I am 62 and work in the safety department for a major city bus system (Phoenix AZ). I have to renew my medical certification periodically. I was always in decent shape and always got a 2 year certificate. ( the max allowed) Than my blood pressure started going up and I started gaining weight and I got a 1 year cert. Than I went for a recertify and failed for high blood pressure. I took drugs to bring it down and got a 6 mo cert. OK I found a nuitrionist and doctor that guided me. I had no major problems but they taught me how to eat and excersise. I lost 70 lbs and my blood pressue is that of a 20 yr old. I still eat well and have a glass of wine but I know now my limits. I am now down to 180 and am in the best shape of my life. I go to the gym 3 to 4 days a week and love it. GET OFF YOUR A$$ Sex is good life is good
    02-03-12 10:09 PM
222 ... 789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD