Hey I saw Kevin hinted at a BBM group, I've joined taken the pics and sent the email to gym technik does that get me a invite?

Good luck to everyone anyway!
    07-01-10 03:22 PM
    Hey everyone my name is Jordan I'm 23 and weigh 272 40% bodyfat according to my scale that measures all kinds of crazy stuff I have been working out heavily (2 months 6 days a week) and eating properly for two months also, but my downfall is the beer can't put the stuff down! (and really don't want to) I am happy to see this challenge though I am needing to lose weight for personal health also because my older brother is getting married in September so I really want to look good for that. My goal weight is 210 with a lot of muscle so far I have doubled the size of my arms once and I want to do it atleast one more time. Thanks for reading everyone and good luck to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    07-01-10 03:23 PM
    Workout #1 complete. Went for a run in some Texas heat. I didn't realize how to set up running as a workout instead of cardio, but got it fixed now. I definitely did some extra tweets in there.
    07-01-10 03:47 PM
    I'm in! I'm 32 and have been so busy with the family that I have kind of let myself slide. I'm looking forward to hearing from everyone along the way.
    07-01-10 04:07 PM
    I'm 6'0 and weigh about 200lbs I want to get down to 188 to help my running times come down.
    07-01-10 05:18 PM
    Hey everyone,
    Raymond here, I am 5'4 24 years old and weighing at 165lbs. I plan on losing as much as I can in 60 days. I used to be 125lbs back 6 years ago then I met my fiance (and finally getting married this August 20th) and started to not care about the way I look. So this 60 day fitness is extra boost which will be added to my daily routine as well. Wish me luck and good luck to everyone else!!
    07-01-10 06:34 PM
    First 2 mile run completed.. Tomorrow is big workout night!!!

@yester18
    07-01-10 07:15 PM
    My name is Courtney and I'm 25..I used to be really fit in high school and very active and since graduating I let myself slide..I'm doing this challenge to prove to myself that I can commit for the next 60days..I have my 'berry everywhere with me so why not use it to get fit as well..Good Luck to everyone...twitter is @dani_doll85. Pin30F00842..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-10 08:13 PM
    Ok well looks like I am going to be the old guy to join this adventure.
    I am turning 43 the 12th and just was at the doctors for trhe first time in probably 8 yrs and weighed in at 245lbs. Being only 5'5 also makes it even worse.

Well time to get back to the right way of living.
    07-01-10 09:27 PM
    gonna have to figure a way to get this connected properly, didnt do my first work out right cuz i couldn't get a connection in my gym and had to use opera lol Forgot to put in the hashtag too...i suck lol will get this right tomorrow
    07-01-10 09:38 PM
    Anyone having issues when tweeting the end of the work out? it won't go thru?

Seems to work sometimes and sometimes I have to re start and end workout...
    07-01-10 10:00 PM
    Well I know I should do this. I certainly need too. I turn 49 on Sunday, I'm 6'0" and weigh around 230. I should weigh 190. Getting there won't be easy. I play adult league hockey every Monday night and that has been my only exercise. I would love to get a program going. Looks like I'll get things going tonight and get started. Kevin and the others in the thread have motivated me. Funny thing about the threads, I remember being younger and going through some of the changes the body goes through. I remember never being able to gain weight and then all of the sudden realizing I needed to drop some weight. Anyway, I'll enjoy having my BlackBerry as part of this endeavor. Good luck all.
    Last edited by blakeberry; 07-02-10 at 12:32 AM.
    07-01-10 10:01 PM
    Anyone having issues when tweeting the end of the work out? it won't go thru?

Seems to work sometimes and sometimes I have to re start and end workout...
    I had that problem this evening. It kept telling me I needed to sign in online and link my twitter account and then I could. I was linked online though. So I don't know. But I did workout. I think I am just going to manually enter it.

I did 10 and a half miles of cardio today and 45 minutes of weights. That was split over 2 workouts. One this morning and one this evening.
    07-01-10 10:05 PM
    Okay so it was doing the same thing to me as well...

Maybe a twitter overload timed it out....

Kevin? Let us know if your having issues.
    07-01-10 10:13 PM
    i alerted Gym Technik to the twitter stuff.. they're on it.
    07-01-10 10:17 PM
    Hi everybody! My name is Danny. I guess i'm considered moderately obese. I'm 21 yrs old, 5'10", and weighing in at about 230. My BMI is a little under 33. So i guess i'm one of the fatter people trying to do this thing haha. This might be the push ive needed for a long time being that i'm ridiculously addicted to this website. have been for a very long time. i'll be posting pics up later, not that you'll want to see them lol . Im not on twitter because i hate it, but wud love to join a support BBM group of sorts. My PIN is 32298840. My Goal is to eventually get down to 175, which is about 55 lbs, and i know it obviously wont be done in 2 months but im hoping it gives me a great start. Thanks Kev for the help and push i've needed to do this. Feel Free to BBM me anytime buddy.

--Danny S.
    07-01-10 10:22 PM
    i alerted Gym Technik to the twitter stuff.. they're on it.
    Right on... Thanks dude!
    07-01-10 10:26 PM
    Hey All,

Just wanted to say how super excited I am about the participation level here. I would have been happy if two people decided to take part, and it looks like we'll have quite a few. Totally awesome.

I've got a barcode setup for a BBM fitness group. Heading to bed now, but tomorrow I'll send a PM to everybody on the thread participating with a url to the barcode so you can scan it off your screen (assuming you want to join it).

Day 1 went not bad. Canada day here so had a heavier dinner than I would have liked and a couple of drinks. But I hit the gym at 6:30am so will work it off (and then some) asap!
    07-01-10 10:45 PM
    hey guys my name is taufik from Indonesia..5'6" and 165 not a big deal actually but i need to get in shape..

Hopefully this contest wil help, i started with light dinner.. hopefully today's gym session will help
    07-01-10 11:30 PM
    Ok, Kevin, I am game to try it out this contest. My name is John. I doubt you got anybody bigger than me willing to try this contest.

About 10 years ago, when I was in my early 30's, I got challenged by a wealthy uncle to lose about 40+ pounds in a 4-6 month period with a free vacation to his summer estate cross country as the prize. I was about 279 then, trying to get to 240. I got to 244! But I never kept the weight off because I got depressed that I had so much more to lose. I got back on the easy fast food scene. Before long, I got too big to exercise. Fast forward to today..

I currently weigh in at 366 on 5'9"-5'10" frame. It's been scary being this big. I can't walk around the block, let alone do a standard workout, so it's a challenge to lose the weight. I am going to try out this contest, do a custom workout, and try to get an exercise routine going. If I can get to where I can walk 45 minutes a day I'll consider the contest a personal success. I think I can do it, just getting started is the hard part. But as I learned with my uncle's challenge, a contest is a great motivator. So, thanks for providing a cool contest as motivation to get back in the game.
    07-02-10 01:34 AM
    Hey Kevin, I didn't get an invite into the group.

Could someone please invite me? Pin; 216E0B22 (that's a zero).

Thanks!
    07-02-10 03:10 AM
    went biking and walked around the beach today for canadas day fireworks!
    07-02-10 03:45 AM
    Here are some other programs you can use with Gym Technik that might be helpful to reach your goals that I or friends have used with success.

Livestrong.com's Daily Plate is a great way to count your calorie intake and it helps you calculate how many you can eat each day based upon your weekly weight loss goal. It also makes it easy to find out the number of calories in food items including those from most restaurants. You can also enter your calories burned from exercise to get calories back allowing you to eat more each day. I used this with an exercise plan to lose 30lbs last year.

Another option is a plan called "Couch to 5K.". I have a freind who has been doing this the last 9 months and he lost over 70lbs and went from the "couch" to doing sprint triathlons. I don't much detail about it other than it starts you out slow and gives you incremental goals for walking/running and has an audio assistant you listen to via MP3 player that tells when to walk or run. The website is Couch to 5k - C25K Running Program .

I wish everyone luck and hope you reach your goals.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by skynny70; 07-02-10 at 09:22 AM. Reason: more info
    07-02-10 09:05 AM
    Getting ready for my workout today. Hopefully, with this being a holiday weekend, I won't be tempted to slack off I'm hoping everyone keeps posting to help keep me motivated.
    07-02-10 10:31 AM
    Woke up this morning feeling really sore but good

Will do another tonight!!!!

What is every ones work out schedule?

Mine is the following

Super Hero workout. Which is an intense full body work out!! Should work really well!!!

Fridays - Super Hero Arms/Back
    Sundays - Super Hero Legs/Chest
    Wednesdays - Elliptical / Cross Trainer and Super Hero Shoulders/Traps

Got it all Scheduled for the next 60-80 days.
    07-02-10 10:39 AM
222 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD