Official 60 Day BlackBerry Fitness Challenge Support Thread

Howdy CrackBerry members and participants in our 60 Day BlackBerry Fitness Challenge. The event officially kicks off today (July 1st, 2010) and we'll use this thread over the next 60 days to keep each other motivated, on track, and going strong. If you're taking part in the challenge, be sure to say hello here. You can share as much info or as little as you want. Share your goals - where are you at now and where do you want to be. You can share your photos here too. If you're on twitter share your ID so we can follow each other.

When the 60 days is all over, in addition to the main contest prizes we're going to do up some extra special bonus prizes for those participating actively on this thread. So let's get to know each other, and get in shape this summer!!
    07-01-10 10:24 AM
    Well, I guess I'll go first... here's my deal. I'm now 30 years old. Still act like I'm 21 years old (the debate is open to whether that's a good or bad thing) but the only problem now is when I was 21 years old I weighed in at 176lbs (6'1" tall) but these days I'm hovering around the 200lb mark. It's kind of funny. When I was in my early 20s and working out a lot all I wanted to do was gain weight... really want to put on 10lbs of muscle and hit a lean 185lbs. No matter how much I ate, etc., I was always stuck at 176lbs. Then seriously, like almost over night, I shot to 196lbs which was where I sort of stabilized. Unfortunately, that wasn't all 20lbs of muscle like i'd like.

I carry my weight on my frame pretty well. Most people don't think I'd weigh in at 200lbs (% bodyfat in the 20-22% range according to the Tanita bodyfat scale I have).

Anyways...my goals... I'd love to get down to 185lbs in 60 days. I have a fairly addictive personality, so I'm pretty sure once I see 189 again on the scale that'll kick in and i'll workout that much hard to get to 185 or less (plus running will be so less taxing without that extra 15lbs).

anyways, that's my story. time to get back down to "fighting" weight. no excuses now. looking forward to meeting everybody here! Good luck to everyone.

My twitter: @crackberrykevin - i'll definitely tweet when my workouts are done and chime in here often!
    07-01-10 10:39 AM
    Let's get this started! Hoping to do lots of running and dieting to bring down my overall weight, and then begin to lift weights and bulk up.
    07-01-10 10:39 AM
    Great challenge Kevin! I'm 6'2" at 175lbs so over weight is not my issue but need to get in shape for sure.

@andyahs - twitter
    Last edited by andyahs; 07-01-10 at 11:04 AM.
    07-01-10 10:53 AM
    Good luck boys!
    07-01-10 10:57 AM
    I am definitely in on this. I work out already but having some incentive at the end will definitely help me keep going during the summer.

Edit: I guess I should do background info. I am 26 and a mom. I am done having kids so want to loose the "baby weight". Which for me is a lot. I gained 60+ with 2 of my kids. I have lost 20lbs this year and have another 20 to go before I am were I want to be. I only have 5 more to go before I am in my healthy weight range. At this moment I am 162 and 5'8". Would like to be in the lower 140's.
    Last edited by MissJennell; 07-01-10 at 01:39 PM.
    07-01-10 10:57 AM
    ill be the third, i too am in my 30's, about to turn 32 to be exact and i weight about 244lbs. Now mind you i an only 5'6" ok ok maybe 5'5", homeboy could dream lol. i am a father, husband, son, co-worker, student and BlackBerry abuser, i have tired the gym but with no on to go with me and motivate me i stop after a day or two. i am hoping this challenge will motivate and help me lose something.

My goal within these 60day will be to lose @least 20 - 30lbs, with eating right, excersing and reading this forum, i know i can do it and you too. Wii fitness plus told me i was obese and MBI was 32.6% thats a lot. that is my intro hola if you loive in the NYC, Inwood heights area i will start on monday @Planetfitness on Dyckman..
    07-01-10 10:59 AM
    I'm excited about this contest and I think (or hope) that it is the motivation I need to reach my fitness goals. I had started working towards my fitness goals last year and was doing quite well. I had lost over 20 pounds in about three months. Unfortunately, I did not continue progressing towards my fitness goal and since then I have put back on 15 pounds. Some may ask what happened...well..my mom become seriously ill and I became stressed out to a point where my eating habits were out of control. On Superbowl Sunday my mother passed away from cancer.

What I remember the most is when I was working towards my fitness goals she used to say that I was doing good and to keep up the good work.

Ok...now down to business. I am 26 years of age, 6’3” and 300lbs. People say I carry the weight well...I just think they are trying to be nice...lol. My overall goal is to lose about 60lbs, but that will not happen in this contest due to the time frame. I plan to continue my fitness journey after the contest as well. It would be nice to lose 20lbs during the 9 week contest.

Good luck everyone!

As, I always used to tell my mom....I’m Bringing My Sexy Back.

@rjm1983
    07-01-10 11:00 AM
    I'm excited about this contest and I think (or hope) that it is the motivation I need to reach my fitness goals. I had started working towards my fitness goals last year and was doing quite well. I had lost over 20 pounds in about three months. Unfortunately, I did not continue progressing towards my fitness goal and since then I have put back on 15 pounds. Some may ask what happened...well..my mom become seriously ill and I became stressed out to a point where my eating habits were out of control. On Superbowl Sunday my mother passed away from cancer.

What I remember the most is when I was working towards my fitness goals she used to say that I was doing good and to keep up the good work.

Ok...now down to business. I am 26 years of age, 6�3� and 300lbs. People say I carry the weight well...I just think they are trying to be nice...lol. My overall goal is to lose about 60lbs, but that will not happen in this contest due to the time frame. I plan to continue my fitness journey after the contest as well. It would be nice to lose 20lbs during the 9 week contest.

Good luck everyone!

As, I always used to tell my mom....I�m Bringing My Sexy Back.

@rjm1983
    You can do it man, you and i sound very similar.... Last year at this exact time, well i actually decided to pull my S*** together on July 7th 2009.. On July 7th 2009 i weighed 295 (i am 6'4") and realized i need to get my a** in shape.. I had played football all my life, HS, college for 4 years and got to 334lbs at my heaviest, but i was also in the best shape of my life at that time. I had a BMI of 12.2%, but i let it all go once i graduated and 2 years later i was 295 with a BMI of 28.7%... I wanted to loose about 60lbs and was willing to do what ever it took. I worked my a** off and now a year later i am tipping the scales at 231 with a BMI of 13.4% i am very happy with where i am at... GOOD LUCK MAN!! us Big guys got to stick together!!
    07-01-10 11:16 AM
    Kevin,
    Thanks for this incentive. I think it is jus what I need to get back on track. I have been in such a funk the last few months. I am a 58 year old woman who was still telling people I was carrying baby weight. My baby is 23 :-) I wanted to lose 25 pounds but it just never seemed all that important. I recently lost my 46 year old brother to a heart attack and realized, not only would I look better if I lost the weight, but it was time to start thinking about being healthy.
    Last year I joined weight watchers and lost my weight and was being very good with working out and walking. Well the winter hit and I became lazy. I only gained 10 pounds back which I am losing, but it was the lack of movement that make me tired and lazy. So I am looking forward to joining your challenge! I don't belong to Twitter but I guess I can join up if that is how everyone is communicating.
    Good luck everyone,

Diane
    07-01-10 11:30 AM
    Gettin ready to start this challenge today! got a good start yesterday with some cardio but its time to get into shape. Im 5'11" 230 lbs. Im trying to cut down to at least 200lbs. Dieting is going to be key in order to lose 30lbs. Its going to be tough but i need a new BB! Good luck to everyone joining its gonna be a tough one!
    07-01-10 11:34 AM
    Hey all yester18 here!

Just getting things setup will complete setup and pictures later on tonight!

Little background on me....

I am 29 years old and currently sit at 6' 7" and a slim weight of 168 lbs.
    With that said... I have always watched what I eat... Even back in my teen years I skipped over the vending machine and extra snacks and ate what made me feel well.

I have always had to be in good shape for the fire job and making sure I was able to handle the duties of the job. Have a clean cut body allows you to be able to menover in small places in buildings and also with the light weight it does not tire you out as fast... Pushing, pulling, lifting, it comes with the job...

Being tall I have always had a bad back, soreness off and on so trying to build stronger upper body always helps..

Looking forward to the challenge and Kevin sending me BBM's and keeping me motivated with inspiring comments

LET"S DO THIS!!!!!

Twitter: Yester18
    07-01-10 12:23 PM
    A couple of good quotes for the challenge (Randy Glasbergen):

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

07-01-10 12:39 PM
    Awesome idea Kevin!

I'm 5'11 and weigh about 195lbs.

I've always been in great shape until about 2 1/2 years ago where I changed my job and lifestyle and suddenly I became a fast food, whiskey drinking junkie. Up until that point I had 8~ body fat and was ripped. Although I was in great shape I think I was burnt out from years of over training in the military and outside of the military. I have the same character trait as Kevin, I always get addicted to anything I get into too.

My goal is too get down to less than 10% body fat and gain a lot of my lost muscle back, doing both at the same time isn't easy and generally won't always have the same dramatic results as someone bulking or cutting but hey **. I've been training again properly for the past 2 months but have a long way to go to get back into shape.

Anyway count me in!
    07-01-10 12:43 PM
    hey everyone lol i started a few days before the contest actually started
    i'm 5'9 and weigh about 180lb i want to lose a few pounds aim to get a 6 pack and and change my fat into muscle
    good luck everyone
    07-01-10 01:23 PM
    Very, very excited. 23, Female, DC area. I used to be really active in sports (basketball and track) throughout high school and my first two or three semesters of college but now I've fallen off. I'm using this is motivation to help me get back to being toned and fit. Picked up a temporary but bad habit, cigarettes, last summer but quickly stopped (didn't like the after taste) and I'm really aiming to become healthy overall again. Good luck everyone! Look forward to hearing all of our stories of being sore, tired, and frustrated

twitter.com/tilamarie
    07-01-10 01:29 PM
    hey everyone lol i started a few days before the contest actually started
    i'm 5'9 and weigh about 180lb i want to lose a few pounds aim to get a 6 pack and and change my fat into muscle
    good luck everyone
    I may not get a 6 pack but I'm aiming for at least a 4 pack! I've used the Core ab workout today from the app. It didn't feel like it worked enough so I threw in a few other ab exercises I've learned from other routines. Keep us posted on the ab workouts that you use.
    07-01-10 01:30 PM
    Trying out the challenge...getting married next month and setting some goals! Good luck all!
    07-01-10 01:32 PM
    I'm in on this. I just need to loose 15-20 lbs for my own mental health if you could call it that. I've been really slack at my diet although my gym visits have been kept up and I don't particularly like the extra weight so off it must go.

You know one thing I have noticed though setting up my workouts is that their idea of a work out and mine are different especially with some of the classes I take lol Like there is no option for a step class for an hour or a chisel class for an hour, etc.
    Last edited by blueyestm; 07-01-10 at 02:27 PM.
    07-01-10 02:14 PM
    Ok I am up for it. I retired from the Army in 2005, and have since gotten seriously out of shape, being a desk jockey. I am 44 years old and weigh about 240, and am 5'9". I have 5 kids, 2, 6, 9, 11, 17 and they keep me going. Was never in super shape when I was in the Army, but its time to do something. Tired of being tired, run down, and feeling achy all the time. Need to focus and do what I need to do. And away we go.....
    07-01-10 02:32 PM
    Last year I weighed 223lbs at 5'11" in April and decided to get my act together to be in better shape. I got down to 188lbs by August at my lowest and maintained a weight of about 192lbs through Holiday season.

Now I am 194lbs and am ready to knock off that last 10lbs and add some muscle definition. Can't wait to see where I end up in 60 days!

My background: I am a father of two boys (3yrs & 2yrs) who is about to turn 40 on July 19th.
    Last edited by skynny70; 07-01-10 at 03:41 PM.
    07-01-10 02:33 PM
    Let do this.

I'm 6' and weigh approximately 280 pounds. I am hoping to lost about 25 by the time this challenge is over. Oh...and I'm 23.
    Last edited by cis4smack; 07-01-10 at 02:43 PM.
    07-01-10 02:41 PM
    35, 5'10" and 270 pounds, should be around 210 to 220 when I was in good shape. With the family out of town next week I should get a good jump!
    07-01-10 02:51 PM
    ok, I'm in - 100 push-up challenge anyone?
    07-01-10 02:57 PM
    Going to see where I can get, just got married over the weekend with LOTS of leftovers, but we go on a cruise in 2 weeks. I'm up for it, but the 100 challenge, do they have to be 100 at a time? I can do 100 by the end of the day. I'm 5'9" 190lbs and I lift weights 3 days per week and ride bike 2 days. I'll try. Good luck to all!

These photos, do they have to be in our underwear, or clothes on?
    Last edited by djontour; 07-01-10 at 03:36 PM. Reason: clothes
    07-01-10 03:06 PM
222 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD