Running 4.5.0.119 on my 8330. Sat on the phone with our BES admin for an hour today and he couldn't figure out how to get the client software for Office Communicator 2005 loaded. He's relatively new to BES since our previous BES admin left the company a few months ago. He did say that he knows a few people are running oc on their bb's just fine.

The download file is a zip file that contains the officecommunicator.alx file and several folders named 4.1, 4.2, 4.6. Each of those folders contains cod files. Once downloaded and unzipped to my desktop, I point my DM app loader to the alx file, then after a moment, it says "error, no new software for your device was found." I've even gone as far as copying the unzipped alx file into the Loader Files folder and the cod files into the Java folder, then ran app loader again, but still is not seeing the alx or cod files to load onto my bb. I've tried pasting the cod files from each of the 4.1, 4.2 and 4.6 folders into Java folder, to no avail.

I've tried downloading the OTA package, but when I get to the page to fill out my information, the Country drop down box doesn't load the country names, so I can't get past that page.

Anyone have experience with officecommunicator for 2005? How can I get the cod and alx files loaded on the bb? Would it have anything to do with running a beta os 4.5?
    04-15-09 07:34 PM
    Any luck? Maybe a mod can move this to the BES admin thread? Probably should have posted there originally.
    04-16-09 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD