Verizon executive accounts just called me and offered me a different phone. I'm sure others here have had similar experiences. What I was wondering is who is happy with their new choice and who is not. You can now have a Droid, Tour, Curve etc. I don't care. I am just on the fence about what to do. Thanks in advance.

P.S. I saw the stickied thread about changing blackberries, but most of those comments were made right after a switch.
    03-25-10 03:30 PM
    It looks like you have a 9530 so I would go with a Storm2. I think it's a great phone. If it was available on at&t I would have one. I would even get one unlocked if I could get 3G on it. Try them out and see what is best for you but if it was my decision I would go S2! Good luck with your choice.
    03-25-10 03:58 PM
    If you like your Storm then go for the Storm2.
    03-25-10 05:40 PM
    Storm2 if you want touchscreen, 8530 if you want a hardware keyboard.
    03-25-10 05:49 PM
    If you like BB then get the curve or storm 2. The droid was awesome when I had it, but the physical keyboard is terrible compared to BB.
    03-25-10 06:11 PM
    Storm 2 is the best phone I've owned, but I loved my S1 as well. Since I doubt any of us will be using your phone much, get whichever one you like the best. They're all good devices.
    03-25-10 06:31 PM
    Thanks for all the responses. I was just curious if anyone switched to another line of smartphone or away from a touchscreen and then regretted it. I guess it's the S2 for me!
    03-26-10 10:42 AM
    Get rid of the crappy Storm and get something Android. You'll be much happier.
    03-26-10 10:45 AM
    Just Curious, Why did the call you to offer you a new/differnt phone? Have you had problems with your? Also, how long have you had the 9530? I have been with verizon since the beginning and had not heard of them doing this before, at least not without someone complaining a lot about their phone.
    03-26-10 10:50 AM
    Exactly...I want to know what prompted the call from Vzw and how can I get in on the deal? I'm willing to pay to upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-10 04:10 PM
    Just curious did you get a call from a local authorized retailer or directly from VZW? I get a call from an authorized retailer, he left a msg that there was a problem with my account. So I called him back and he told me he only said that to get my attention and come down to the mall near me to get a 1 year upgrade. Haven't done anything yet.
    03-28-10 09:04 AM
    Just Curious, Why did the call you to offer you a new/differnt phone? Have you had problems with your? Also, how long have you had the 9530? I have been with verizon since the beginning and had not heard of them doing this before, at least not without someone complaining a lot about their phone.
    Exactly...I want to know what prompted the call from Vzw and how can I get in on the deal? I'm willing to pay to upgrade.
    X2 - what I was thinking.
    03-28-10 10:30 AM
    Sorry for the delay in responding, I should have clarified in my first post. I'm on my 4th Storm and it's having all the same problems the first three did. Also, my warranty expired this past Friday. Last week I emailed them through planetfeedback.com (awesome website) and told them to either extend my warranty until I'm eligible for an upgrade or give me a different phone, otherwise I would cancel my 5 phone plan and switch carriers.

The next day Verizon Executive Services called and said they'll give me whatever phone I want and waive the 2-year fee. So now I \'m going to go test out the Storm2 and Droid.
    03-29-10 11:18 AM
    I would go Storm 2 as well..
    03-29-10 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD