This week I completed one year's usage of my Q10. Just out of anxiety I have been asking my friends, families about their experience with their phones over a period of one year. On the negative side almost all of them have been using either an android or an apple device. Below feedback from them -

1) Most of the android users said the touch on their phone went erratic after about a 6 - 7 months of regular usage as a primary phone.
    2) Almost all of them and more complained about the durability and the make of device and how bad it was. It almost felt substandard after a few months usage.
    3) Though those using Iphone had nothing to complain about the make or the software, hardware bit..their general displeasure seemed to be with the virtual keypad and how that needed improvement. These guys used BlackBerry legacy devices earlier and hence they couldn't help it ;-)

Lately I have been having my doubts, whether I must stick with my BB10 or move on to another system. Infact I posted a thread about it not being revolutionary.

In the last one year that I have been using the Q10 I have not had even a single of the above issues on my phone. And I proudly boasted about it to all of them and a lot of them were surprised and bewildered. Ofcourse most of them not aware of the phone and it's system.

Today as I type this it makes me proud and only further motivates me to be with my beloved BlackBerry.

Infact I have just decided that I am going ahead and buying myself a Z30 today.

Thank you BlackBerry!

Posted from my SuperHuman Q10
    ronfc likes this.
    06-15-14 12:55 AM
    Great man.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.3175
    06-15-14 01:02 AM
    Wow the Z30 is an awesome phone. You will be fortunate to have one. Great to hear you are a loyal BlackBerry user.

From my ? phone
    06-15-14 01:10 AM
    BlackBerry is great and os is amazing and I wish BlackBerry comes with dual sim so it will be the perfect business and consumer phone in my opinion

Posted using my Q10 with double type keyboard issue
    06-15-14 01:16 AM
    Nice read! Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 01:16 AM
    I agree with you. Android issues was what made my daughter switch to the Z10 and she has made numerous observations about the quality and speed of her phone. It will be 7 months for her since her Samsung and MyTouch died on her. I have had my Z10 since March of last year. Just got a Q10 for Mother's day this year. My biggest problem is deciding which phone to use as my daily driver, lol. Underrated devices, for sure. Enjoy ur Z30!

Sent from my Q10 or Z10.
    Grafic111 likes this.
    06-15-14 08:49 AM
    Nice post OP.

It amazes me that my husband is on his 3rd Samsung in the same time I've had my Z10.

My Z10 is still working great. No lag, I have a bunch of apps and games and no issues, my battery gets me through the day no problem. I use my phone at work for email, twitter and bbm mostly throughout the day. So not heavy use.

My husband has had his S4 for about 3 months. He doesn't use it at work except on his lunch. His battery dies before he leaves at 5pm. It's truly annoying when I text him to ask him something about dinner and he doesn't get it because his battery was already dead. Not to mention the lag he is starting to get.

At work I had some colleagues complaining about the office messages. Apparently they were getting too many and it was causing them confusion. These were the apple users. From what the explained to me, it comes as a message in the notification shade (or whatever it's called on iPhone) but after you check it, it's gone and to see it again you have to open the app. Which means you have to remember what type of message it was.

By this point I'm so tired of pointing out how a different phone may meet their needs better, I just keep quiet. However, I'm hoping hubby will give a Z30 (or its successor) a try for his next phone, and I've had a few people at work asking me more questions about my BB10. They are also noticing that other people at work with BB10's don't seem to have issues either.

Posted via CB10
    jimlockhead and Grafic111 like this.
    06-15-14 09:59 AM
    Turned out to be a Super Day..Not only did I buy myself the Z30 but also convinced my Brother - in- Law to buy a Z10 as he was with me. He bought it and made the switch from his S3 to Z10...Proudly Happy :-)

Posted from my SuperHuman Q10
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    06-15-14 10:53 AM
    Indeed... a great, exceedingly well thought out post. Enjoyed reading it. For the record, I went from the Q10 to the Z30 and couldn't be happier. Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    Grafic111 likes this.
    06-15-14 11:05 AM