Anyone know or have heard of their Z10 restarting every morning around 12-12:30? It's the strangest thing every night when I go to bed I plug my Z10 in to charge (OEM wall charger) and never fails around midnight or shortly after it restarts. Everytime. Any ideas?

Posted Securely Via My BlackBerry Z10.
    04-28-13 05:58 AM
    Anyone know or have heard of their Z10 restarting every morning around 12-12:30? It's the strangest thing every night when I go to bed I plug my Z10 in to charge (OEM wall charger) and never fails around midnight or shortly after it restarts. Everytime. Any ideas?
    It's a known issue, I have this issue with my own Z10.

The general issue is "random reboots", some people notice it tends to happen a lot while sitting on the charger, possibly a little more often around the time the device reaches 100% charge.

But it can happen any time. There are tons of threads here on this issue, the following is probably one of the more useful ones:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-issue-790724/

Blackberry is aware of the issue, I think they are finally zeroing-in on it, hopefully will issue a fix for it soon.
    04-28-13 06:37 AM
    It's a known issue, I have this issue with my own Z10.

The general issue is "random reboots", some people notice it tends to happen a lot while sitting on the charger, possibly a little more often around the time the device reaches 100% charge.

But it can happen any time. There are tons of threads here on this issue, the following is probably one of the more useful ones:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-issue-790724/

Blackberry is aware of the issue, I think they are finally zeroing-in on it, hopefully will issue a fix for it soon.

Thanks so much. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one. The comment in the thread seems like a good fix although I use my Z10 and my previous BlackBerry's as my bedside clock. So that fix wouldn't really work for me. Also I'm growing very concerned about the whole restart issue. This is my second Z (returned my first due to similar issues) and have been having the same issues from 10.0 to the leak 10.1 that is currently on it. I hope all the "BlackBerry know about it and are fixing it " comments I kept seeing on that thread are true, because if it hasn't been rectified from 10.0 to 10.1 (which sounds like is about to be released officially) makes me wonder if they really even know about it and if they do, do they even know why it's doing it. Thanks again though. It's good to know I'm not alone. I now know my error, I should have searched better for similar problems on Here.

Posted Securely Via My BlackBerry Z10.
    04-28-13 10:06 AM
    I think 10.1 is much more stable but it does not zero in the problem. Odd, but I haven't had a random reboot in weeks regardless what Os I run. It only happened once in the first day I owned it.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 06:17 PM
    I think 10.1 is much more stable but it does not zero in the problem. Odd, but I haven't had a random reboot in weeks regardless what Os I run. It only happened once in the first day I owned it.

By "zeroing in" I did not mean to imply that they had fixed it, just that they are aware of it, are investigating it, and are working steadily towards a solution. Believe me, if I thought 10.1 had fixed it, I would have made that clear. But from all indications (including your own observations), 10.1 does NOT fix that issue yet. Verizon does appear to believe at this point it's a software, not hardware, issue. Their support team sent me an email to that effect within the last week or so.
    04-28-13 07:07 PM