Every once in awhile, the 8310 makes an odd alert sound. Kind of like:

toot-a-loot. Hard to describe, but that's what it sounds like.

There's no icon for messages, facebook, missed call, voicemail, etc...

Anyone hear it- especially in the last few days?
    10-05-08 10:16 PM
    Odd.... Have you pulled the battery?
    10-05-08 10:31 PM
    It happened before AND after a battery pull.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-08 07:41 AM
    That's weird, but the only thing that comes to mind is the battery. Have you forgotten to charge your battery?

If that's not it, you might want to check with your carrier. Maybe there is something they can do like having it replaced.

10-06-08 09:00 AM
    Hit/hold ALT + LGLG and see if there are recurring notifications in the Warning Log.
    10-06-08 09:23 AM
    So you have no visible indicator on your homescreen? Could it be a calendar appointment?

10-06-08 09:26 AM
    Hit/hold ALT + LGLG and see if there are recurring notifications in the Warning Log.
    Without times or dates, it makes it tough to figure out what log event coincides with the toot-a-loot...

As for a calender appt., not likely since it went off at 1am one day with nothing scheduled, then middle of the afternoon the next time.

But I don't seem to remember THAT option for an alert sound. I'll double check and see if something is slipping my mind.

Update- D'OH! found it- it was the "contentment" notifier.. somehow the AOL IM (which I never use, btw) was set for it. Except now I can't seem to log in with my account info... <rollingeyes> ANOTHER problem to solve

Oh, thanks for the help...

hmmm, but why no notification icon on homescreen? odd... oh well, I'll figure something out
    Last edited by rgorman; 10-06-08 at 10:22 AM. Reason: keep remembering stuff
    10-06-08 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";