hi guys, in 2012 i have bought a blackberry bold 9900 what i love and a playbook (32g)..the rest of my family all have iphones (4s,4,3gs)and ipads.. i am a big supporter of blackberry and think they can do well this year if RIM get there act sorted,but all this negative stuff about RIM abandoning blackerry has made me wonder?:/ i know everyone is saying that this year RIM is sorting everything out and putting more apps in the app world (a big priority),but should i still be worried about blackberry?

thanks guys

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-10-12 10:36 AM
    Well you can worry if you want to. I'm not going to worry about it until my stuff stops working. Then I will move on to whatever I fancy at that time. I don't believe that they will just go broke and instantly stop working.
    04-10-12 10:45 AM
    if your BB and PB are working fine today...what do you want to worry about. these devices are going to need replacement eventually and if RIMM has gone under by that time, you switch to something else

besides, if RIM goes broke tomorrow and announce they are going under, they wont turn off the servers overnight. folks who got HP touchpad are still living and using their device months after the device was killed

so there's nothing to worry about my friend rock your toys to the best of your ability and live each day as if it will be the last for them
    04-10-12 11:02 AM
    Aw, c'mon.. you're no fun! the forum does not need sane, rational and logical input.. lol

I mean, where would the excitement be without all of these "OMG we are all gonna die" threads?... we would have to go back to the "make my mind up for me" threads and the "RIM needs too......" threads..

I think RIM should just bring back the Storm, then all the fun could be in one place

Well you can worry if you want to. I'm not going to worry about it until my stuff stops working. Then I will move on to whatever I fancy at that time. I don't believe that they will just go broke and instantly stop working.
    04-10-12 12:27 PM
    hi guys, in 2012 i have bought a blackberry bold 9900 what i love and a playbook (32g)..the rest of my family all have iphones (4s,4,3gs)and ipads.. i am a big supporter of blackberry and think they can do well this year if RIM get there act sorted,but all this negative stuff about RIM abandoning blackerry has made me wonder?:/ i know everyone is saying that this year RIM is sorting everything out and putting more apps in the app world (a big priority),but should i still be worried about blackberry?

thanks guys

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I am always on the lookout for what comes next. But right now, I don't see anything that would work better for me than my 9900 and Playbook combo. I do see some hopeful signs ahead that the Playbook will be increasingly useful by the time we all get to BB10 on both ends, and I really am anxious to see what the next generation Blackberry handsets will look like. But that's as close to worry as I will come.

It's not as if some other platform/manufacture/carrier would turn away my dollars, should it become necessary for me to switch somewhere down the road. I tend to think of it this way -- there are at least 2 kinds of people: 1) those who like trying new devices, apps, etc., for whom the learning curve is a fun and ongoing process; and 2) those who just want what they have to keep working and who value their smartphones for what they can do, and don't otherwise enjoy all of this ceaseless change/upgrading. . . . If you are in the first group, no worries come what may. If you are in the second group, why not relax and sit tight where you are. RIM is steady to a fault. Part of what makes it tough for RIM to keep up, is that they also have to keep servicing their existing base of users, and its my sense that there are a lot of loyal customers who hang onto their handsets forever. I'm generalizing of course, but the competitors' as a group seem more volitile and apt to make multiple changes.
    04-10-12 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD