Found this article concerning Obama and his Blackberry written by a Cornell Law professor about the issues of being a President in love with his BB.

(note: found this while searching for mobile sites and apps for lawyers - such as wireless.westlaw.com . . . anyone know of more law specific mobile sites or apps?)

FindLaw's Writ - Dorf: All the President's IMs: Are Federal Record-keeping Laws Out of Step With Modern Communications?
    01-15-09 06:46 AM
    Good Read!!
    01-15-09 08:31 AM
    It's definitely an interesting subject. Personally, the fact that the president would refuse to use something as basic as email because it would have to be saved for posterity is pretty suspicious. I understand security issues, but if you don't want people to know what you were deliberating about 12 years after you leave office, you probably shouldn't be thinking about doing it. Assuming that the security issues can be allayed, I think this would be a good change to the current system.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 08:49 AM
    Personally, the fact that the president would refuse to use something as basic as email because it would have to be saved for posterity is pretty suspicious.
    Hence all the flap over the current administration deliberately using unofficial e-mail accounts to get around the law and hide what they were saying--and the records, once it was discovered they were doing this, mysteriously vanishing. All very suspicious indeed. I'm afraid, addicted to my BB as I am, I have to endorse Mr. Obama's needing to set it aside for a few years.
    01-15-09 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD