When I choose a contact to send an sms to, I get the options of the contact's home, work, or mobile number. It is only possible to send to a mobile so is there no way to skip this step?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-09 07:35 AM
    Unfortunately there is no way to set a "default" number. i'd like to see that too though.

On VZW it is possible to send a text to a land line. i don't think many folks do that.

Maybe in future OS updates we will be able to select a default number for a specific contact for calling, texting etc.

02-01-09 07:39 AM
    chrisy520 is correct about texting to a land line. It's also possible to SMS to an email address. You typically don't want to do that, either. I have found that the last number you used will be the number that's selected the next time you use it. So if you SMS someone, then SMS them again, the SMS address should be the default. That helps a little.
    02-01-09 09:03 AM
    what happens when you text a landline?
    02-01-09 12:15 PM
    With VZW, an automated voice reads the text to the person who answers the land line. It is 25 cents per text.

02-01-09 12:19 PM
    With VZW, an automated voice reads the text to the person who answers the land line. It is 25 cents per text.

Well that seems kind of pointless, you might as well call the person! They're going to have to pick up the phone anyways!
    02-02-09 09:44 AM
    so we get charged $0.25? what about the receiver?
    02-04-09 02:06 AM
    FAQs Text to Landline:

Answers to FAQs
    Last edited by chrisy520; 02-04-09 at 11:04 AM.
    02-04-09 11:01 AM

Funnily enough the same thing happens with BT here in the UK...i accidentally sent my ex gf a sms text from my mobile a months ago and when she picked up her phone...she was given an option to listen to it...so she did...said it was quite funny, as a woman reads it back in a monotone voice...dont know if i got charged for it as i get inclusive texts...she wasnt charged to receive the text as far she could tell.
    02-04-09 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD