i have a blackberry storm that is nuked. i have followed the instructions on how to bring it back to life but once i get to the updating your device screen on the part that says wait for device to initalize it gives me an error message saying that it is unable to connect with the device and to reconnect and enter password. any suggestions would be great
    06-13-10 02:22 PM
    Could you give us a little more on what you have already done and which method?

There are a few methods for wiping the device - JL_Cdmer, BBSak etc - so it would be most helpful to know which of these you did so we dont attempt to walk you through everything you have already done.
    06-13-10 02:23 PM
    i did the one where you download the lastest os file then you goto program files, common files, resreach in motion, app loader. wait for the box to say unknow device hit next ect
    06-13-10 02:27 PM
    Ok, I would personally download either BBSak or JL_Cdmer and use this to completely wipe the OS from the device. Personally I like BBSak more. This is a rather basic how to on this which would allow you to do what you are looking to do. http://crackberry.com/installing-lea...ssage-received
    06-13-10 02:29 PM
    i will try and post results thank you
    06-13-10 02:30 PM
    still no luck the link you gave said that the bbsak was no longer in date and would not let me do anything with it. i also tried the jl_com program did the wipe but not sure that it did anything. the phone is hooked to the computer nothing but an hour glass
    06-13-10 03:03 PM
    You will know that JL_Cdmer has worked when your device boots to a 507 error on the screen, do you have that?
    06-13-10 03:05 PM
    no should i unplug everything and try to reboot
    06-13-10 03:08 PM
    I would unplug from the computer and pull the battery, see if the device boots, or goes to the white screen with an error with the number 507 on it.
    06-13-10 03:10 PM
    when i unplug everything it does nothing even with the battery in could all of this be because of the battery
    06-13-10 03:11 PM
    Pull the battery from the device and then place it in. After that, what happens?
    06-13-10 03:12 PM
    nothing happens
    06-13-10 03:20 PM
    Nothing as in? The screen doesnt come on, the screen is just white, the device boots up?
    06-13-10 03:21 PM
    screen stays black does not boot up
    06-13-10 03:22 PM
    Ok, does the LED blink at all?

Try plugging it into power, either via USB to computer or the wall.
    06-13-10 03:23 PM
    the red led does not light up. but the clock that shows when it is trying to but will show up. but it just stays like that
    06-13-10 03:25 PM
    it does not light up nothing the screen is still blank
    06-13-10 03:28 PM
    If I understand correctly, you were getting this error message:

unable-reconnect-device-during-multi-stage-load-operation

06-13-10 03:36 PM
    yes i was now getting nothing
    06-13-10 03:38 PM
    Yes, the basic problem is the failure to reconnect.

The first thing to do is check out your USB ports. Remove all USB connected devices and hubs. Make the connection directly to the computer.

KB02640 - View Document

Run Applications Loader again, it should connect to your Storm and install the software. Wiping is not required, but it does not do any harm as long as you have a current backup of your data and third party applications.
    06-13-10 03:43 PM
    This might be a dead or drained battery causing havok.

Try this before you continue troubleshooting:
    Remove battery
    Plug BB into wall outlet (LED should light up red/yellow)
    Replace battery
    Let it sit for an hour.

This should fully recharge the BB enough for you to continue your "denuking"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-10 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD