I have BB 8800, it had some problems so i decided to re-install OS.
    First, i wiped data and i got error 507
    now i am trying to install it with desktop manager but when i tries to connect to boot ROM, phone keeps rebooting.
    I tried a lot of things, but no result.
    I have windows and phone is diriectly connected via USB.

i also tried instruction for nuke blackberry, but that does not work, my BB does not display USB-PIN:Unknown
    08-24-10 02:38 PM
    The fact that your BlackBerry is displaying the JVM 507 error message means you have successfully removed the original OS software and it should be ready for a new OS software install.

There are a couple things you can check on. Open Windows / Control Panel / Programs and verify you have both BlackBerry Desktop Software AND BlackBerry 8800 device OS software installed. If either is missing, you will need to download and install before you can continue.

Next, if the OS software is not specific to your carrier, or if you have any concerns, navigate too:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Apploader. Scroll to the bottom and delete the security file Vendor.xml.

The most reliable way to establish a connection is by using Applications Loader from BlackBerry Desktop Manger.
    08-24-10 02:52 PM
    Thanks for response.
    I am trying to do it with loader.exe, Vendor.xml is already deleted.
    I dont know what to do :S
    08-24-10 03:14 PM
    If the vendor file is already deleted, make sure phone is connected and the 507 error showing, run loader.exe and follow the prompts.

Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-10 03:31 PM
    Fubaz, i already did that all, but can't install. When it says "connecting to boot ROM", phone keeps restarting.
    08-24-10 03:36 PM
    Ya. It's supposed to cut off..

What do you do then? Do you pull out the phone? Sit and wait patiently.
    08-24-10 03:46 PM
    sit and wait? for what?
    08-24-10 05:05 PM
    still need help
    08-25-10 05:35 AM

The most reliable way to establish a connection is by using Applications Loader from BlackBerry Desktop Manger.
    Thanks for response.
    I am trying to do it with loader.exe, Vendor.xml is already deleted.
    I dont know what to do :S
    If you can not get a connection with Loader.exe, the next step is to try Applications Loader from the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

One possible cause, the lack of a BlackBerry USB driver, the DTM install will correct that.
    08-25-10 09:16 AM
    If you can not get a connection with Loader.exe, the next step is to try Applications Loader from the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

One possible cause, the lack of a BlackBerry USB driver, the DTM install will correct that.
    I tried both things you wrote, still same result
    08-25-10 12:13 PM
    i also tried instruction for nuke blackberry, but that does not work, my BB does not display USB-PIN:Unknown.
    That is normal after a device wipe, there is no Sun Java VM to pass the PIN number to Applications loader.

Can you provide some more detail on where the failure occures. Is there an error message or a progress status?

08-25-10 12:19 PM
    Try running loader.exe with the /nojvm commandline

example: loader.exe /nojvm

(should say connecting to ARM)

Should work for even fully nuked berries.
    08-25-10 12:29 PM
    That is normal after a device wipe, there is no Sun Java VM to pass the PIN number to Applications loader.

Can you provide some more detail on where the failure occures. Is there an error message or a progress status?

When i run loader.exe da it says connecting to boot ROM, phone keeps rebooting. And yes it has PIN number.
    08-25-10 01:53 PM
    Try running loader.exe with the /nojvm commandline

example: loader.exe /nojvm

(should say connecting to ARM)

Should work for even fully nuked berries.
    Same result, it keeps rebooting.
    08-25-10 01:56 PM
    When i run loader.exe da it says connecting to boot ROM, phone keeps rebooting. And yes it has PIN number.
    That is encouraging.

Try it again, but this time, walk away for a hour or so. It is normal for there to be multiple disconnects and reconnects during the upgrade.
    08-25-10 02:02 PM
    That is encouraging.

Try it again, but this time, walk away for a hour or so. It is normal for there to be multiple disconnects and reconnects during the upgrade.
    I did wipe 2 days ago, and after that i had tried it a lot of times. i have left it without connecting about 10 hours or more
    08-25-10 02:06 PM
    so what should i do now?
    08-25-10 02:45 PM
    Remove both BlackBerry Desktop Manager and your installed device software from your computer. Restart your computer and download both, then reinstall them again.

08-25-10 02:49 PM
    Remove both BlackBerry Desktop Manager and your installed device software from your computer. Restart your computer and download both, then reinstall them again.

already tried that
    08-25-10 03:22 PM
    Clutching at straws now...

Try a replacement USB cable first.

If that does not work, try it on a different computer. The USB ports are controlled by specialized chips... not all USB chips are created equal. That is particularly true with laptop computers.
    08-25-10 03:30 PM
    Application Loader was unable to connect with your device. Restart the loading process, reconnect your device and try again.

Unspecified error encountered [A:0x00000001]
    08-25-10 03:36 PM
    Clutching at straws now...

Try a replacement USB cable first.

If that does not work, try it on a different computer. The USB ports are controlled by specialized chips... not all USB chips are created equal. That is particularly true with laptop computers.
    already tried with different USB, now i will try on different PC and post here results
    08-25-10 03:37 PM
    WOHOOO! It worked from another PC ^^
    Thanks everyone.
    Reed McLay, thanks man
    08-25-10 04:45 PM
    Fantastic!

Thank you for your patience in sorting this out.

08-25-10 06:50 PM
    salut depuis hier j ai essayer d installer une application sur ma blackberry c est reste eteint et le matin a mon reveil je la trouve toujour eteint et sans suite j ai enlever la batterie pensant trouver une solution mais le contrait car l ecran donne juste le logo blackberry c la 9300 je suis perdu la?
    12-02-13 08:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD