Nuance and BB10?
Nuance is the company that has for a while now, provided the voice recognition software for our Blackberries. Vlingo I think has made the best application for BB7 which approximates Siri or Google Now for our BB's currently. Nuance recently merged with Vlingo.
I was just thinking ahead to BB10 and figure RIM will talk to Nuance again to help provide some sort of next step software as a partner. Recently (just last week I believe) Nuance came out with "Dragon Mobile Assistant Beta" which appears to be Nuance/Vlingo taken to the next step, for Android and coming for Apple soon. I think we might see a version of this - tweaked for BB made in conjunction with RIM's engineers that could be very nice addition?
You can check out the software here:
- 11-09-2012, 11:57 AM #2
Re: Nuance and BB10?
Yeah, it was supposed to expand on Dragon Go's functionality, but it seems to be a hit or miss.
I had to get creative on how I installed this as it is not listed as an app that is compatible with my device for some weird reason.Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum...
Blackberry 9900 (v18.104.22.1689 Rogers/BES), Playbook (v22.214.171.1244) | Rooted SGS III
- By Blackberry_boffin in forum BlackBerry 10 OSReplies: 37Last Post: 04-03-2012, 12:12 AM
- By purijagmohan in forum BlackBerry 10 OSReplies: 114Last Post: 03-29-2012, 08:25 PM
- By Ponyboy24 in forum BlackBerry 10 OSReplies: 3Last Post: 03-28-2012, 01:28 PM
- By ninepbs in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 03-13-2012, 02:23 AM
- By saescott in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 1Last Post: 02-08-2012, 08:32 AM