With the newly announced BlackBerry OverPriced, I mean, BlackBerry KEYone, and the foreseeable price cut for Priv for the following months, is there anyone who was waiting for the Mercury now considering getting the Priv instead?

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 02:19 AM
    If you're looking at BNIB sets backed with BB warranty, it's not affordable still.
    If you're looking at BNIB sets that are parallel imported, without warranty, for that kind of price, i would suggest that you look at other makes without PKB yet with moderately good hardware specs.

Most of the pre-owned sets i saw... bah...
    02-26-17 02:25 AM
    I bought mine on Black Friday last year, and I love it. Would be nice to have a fingerprint scanner, but everything else in this phone is great. Fast processor, battery that lasts all day (unless you're a heavy gamer), touch-sensitive pkb that can be used one-handed, and a full 16:9 screen rather than a compromised 3:2 one.

I'll buy the Mercury in a year or so, when the price comes down. Or maybe I'll wait for a pkb phone with a hard-tip pen, like the GNote.
    02-26-17 10:55 AM
    Just saw a Pro at Verizon wireless for$400. Not too bad of a price. Is the issue with the excessive heat been resolved? I returned my Priv due to this issue a while back.
    02-26-17 03:59 PM
    Thats how its always been....Out with the old and in with the new. Those that cant afford New buy the Old.
    02-26-17 08:30 PM
    Just saw a Pro at Verizon wireless for$400. Not too bad of a price. Is the issue with the excessive heat been resolved? I returned my Priv due to this issue a while back.
    Never had any heat issues with my Verizon Priv. Had it since launch on Verizon. Have seen very few issues with the Verizon Priv in general around here.
    02-26-17 09:08 PM
    Yup! If you could get it for $400, it is a good deal. My girlfriend picked one up for me last boxing day.

With the priv, I have the option of using the vkb and pkb as well as using the full 5.2 inch screen for media consumption. I don't think I will be able to give those up with the KeyOne.

I believe the slider is the best form factor.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 09:57 PM
    Thats how its always been....Out with the old and in with the new. Those that cant afford New buy the Old.
    *That's
    *it's
    *Can't

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 11:23 PM
    I just bought my second Priv, after my first experienced a screen issue thanks to my 5 year old. Couldn't be happier the Priv just does it all for me.
    02-27-17 04:23 AM
    Well...considering (at the moment at least) its really the only BlackBerry you can still buy *new* that has a keyboard...I guess it all depends how long you can wait for KEYone.
    02-27-17 08:14 AM
    *That's
    *it's
    *Can't

Posted via CB10
    Not so much can't, just like saving money or getting a good deal I treat cellphones the way I do cars. Never buy brand new at full price in the showroom.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9710735) likes this.
    02-27-17 11:11 AM
    As I see it, I should wait until the KeyOne reduces it price, Why?, Simple, Android devices should have At least 18 months of updates, Priv is quickly getting to 18 months Since launch, It should stay on Android Nougat while the KeyOne Will be shipped with Nougat inside, that with other 18 months of updates, while BlackBerry 10 period we used to see 3 years old (Q10 and 4G Z10) get updated with Major versions, but until I see the same treatment on BlackBerry Android I should think it twice before making that kind of decisitions, even more taking in consideration that you can't load custom roms on BlackBerry Android devices
    02-27-17 02:25 PM
    How long until Priv update support ceases..?
    Compared to newer BB Android phones?

:-)

•   THISone, with the keys, hopefully coming soon to a phone store down unda... :-D   •
    02-27-17 02:36 PM

•   THISone, with the keys, hopefully coming soon to a phone store down unda... :-D   •
    That's the million dollar question, we had a relatively good time frame of updates in BlackBerry 10, but we don't know what to wait now, It could be 4 years of Major updates, It could be the same time of Google nexus/pixel, It could even be like Samsung's updates, time Will tell, in fact if CrackBerry Kevin or Bla1ze could shred some light in the subject it would be awesome, It should give more trust to customers
    02-27-17 02:46 PM
    I'm seriously thinking about getting another Priv. You have the best of both worlds. I rarely use the keyboard but when I do need one it is comes in handy. Nice size screen. Definitely worth buying again IMO

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 11:38 PM
    I'm seriously thinking about getting another Priv. You have the best of both worlds. I rarely use the keyboard but when I do need one it is comes in handy. Nice size screen. Definitely worth buying again IMO

Posted via CB10
    Agreed!

Posted via CB10
    03-01-17 04:02 AM
    In my opinion, yes. For less than 400$, it's a bargain, I'm going to buy it for sure. Besides, it's not really "old", it came out just one year and two months ago!
    03-01-17 04:44 AM
    In my opinion, yes. For less than 400$, it's a bargain, I'm going to buy it for sure. Besides, it's not really "old", it came out just one year and two months ago!
    Check with your mobile carrier. It could be 0$ TAB device with of course a contract an a montly plan but for me it was very good deal!. Even if 've stored mine for a while to use my black passport.
    The screen and many apps android apps are greater on the Priv surely the same on Dtek. It is remind me that those phones will certainly be a bargain very soon!

Posted via CB10
    03-01-17 04:57 AM

You can surely guess on two years from now. Dtek, the KEYone and priv are all android devices. And even the OTA update is not available from carrier you can't connect your phone to you desktop and have via USB

Posted via CB10
    03-01-17 05:09 AM
    Check with your mobile carrier. It could be 0$ TAB device with of course a contract an a montly plan but for me it was very good deal!. Even if 've stored mine for a while to use my black passport.
    The screen and many apps android apps are greater on the Priv surely the same on Dtek. It is remind me that those phones will certainly be a bargain very soon!

Posted via CB10
    In Europe we don't usually buy phones on a long-term contract (well, some do it, but you end up paying the phone way more than you would on Amazon!), but I'm waiting for the re-stock on a trusted site: 330€, again, are a bargain, and the PRIV is gorgeous!
    03-01-17 05:47 AM
    Your richer than us in north America! There are real bargain! Wait and look also for the Dtek fire sale it could be soon. If you interest too.

Just for information: what do you mean by long term contract?

Here it is only a 24 moths.
    The monthly mobile fee are lowest I guess in Europe
    Just for exemple for this device I've got to sign a 24 month contract, at 0$ tab fee, monthly paiment are 70$ with my province no call fee any time, text unlimited too, and 7 gig shareable data plan. My girlfriend use less than 2 gig a month so I have 5gig a month.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-17 06:09 AM
    I'd get the DTEK60 instead, unless you are desperate for a cramped keyboard.
    03-01-17 06:21 AM
    Your richer than us in north America! There are real bargain! Wait and look also for the Dtek fire sale it could be soon. If you interest too.

Just for information: what do you mean by long term contract?

Here it is only a 24 moths.
    The monthly mobile fee are lowest I guess in Europe
    Just for exemple for this device I've got to sign a 24 month contract, at 0$ tab fee, monthly paiment are 70$ with my province no call fee any time, text unlimited too, and 7 gig shareable data plan. My girlfriend use less than 2 gig a month so I have 5gig a month.

Posted via CB10
    Okay, here it is how it works in my country. We generally pay phones more than you (e.g., the PRIV costed circa 790€ when it came out, a little more than in the USA!), but yeah, I think our contracts are better. We usually pay a monthly fee, but our subscriptions have no temporal limits. A standard contract consists of 300-400 minutes, the same for the SMS, and 2 GB of Internet (most carriers offer the 4G speed option for free now), at a medium cost of about 10-12€ (personally, I pay 6€ for 400 minutes, 400 SMS and 4GB, but that was a promotional offer by my carrier Wind). An unlimited plan doesn't usually cost less than 30€ (but Internet is almost never unlimited, carriers usually give 7 GB: true unlimited plan cost way more for non-business users).
    We never buy phones on a contract. By long-term I mean that we're bound by contract for 2 or 3 years, and it isn't anywhere as convenient as in the USA, because our carriers rarely mark down smartphones (for example, in a Vodafone store, a PRIV still costs 700€). For example, if you want an iPhone 7 (32GB) or a Galaxy S7 Edge with an unlimited plan (unlimited=6 or 7 GB of Internet), you'd end up paying no less than 55€ per month, for a total of 2,5 years, with a down payment of 149€. The total is more than 1600€ for a phone you could pay 640€ online!

Anyway I'm not interested in a DTEK (they're Alcatel, rebadged, phones: if I wanted a full touch I'd buy a Zenfone or a Huawei and then install the HUB+ suite), I already fell in love with the PRIV hahahaha.
    Fs Laflamme likes this.
    03-01-17 06:50 AM
    Okay, here it is how it works in my country. We generally pay phones more than you (e.g., the PRIV costed circa 790€ when it came out, a little more than in the USA!), but yeah, I think our contracts are better. We usually pay a monthly fee, but our subscriptions have no temporal limits. A standard contract consists of 300-400 minutes, the same for the SMS, and 2 GB of Internet (most carriers offer the 4G speed option for free now), at a medium cost of about 10-12€ (personally, I pay 6€ for 400 minutes, 400 SMS and 4GB, but that was a promotional offer by my carrier Wind). An unlimited plan doesn't usually cost less than 30€ (but Internet is almost never unlimited, carriers usually give 7 GB: true unlimited plan cost way more for non-business users).
    We never buy phones on a contract. By long-term I mean that we're bound by contract for 2 or 3 years, and it isn't anywhere as convenient as in the USA, because our carriers rarely mark down smartphones (for example, in a Vodafone store, a PRIV still costs 700€). For example, if you want an iPhone 7 (32GB) or a Galaxy S7 Edge with an unlimited plan (unlimited=6 or 7 GB of Internet), you'd end up paying no less than 55€ per month, for a total of 2,5 years, with a down payment of 149€. The total is more than 1600€ for a phone you could pay 640€ online!

Anyway I'm not interested in a DTEK (they're Alcatel, rebadged, phones: if I wanted a full touch I'd buy a Zenfone or a Huawei and then install the HUB+ suite), I already fell in love with the PRIV hahahaha.
    May be you better buy your phone on amazon or ebay
    Ex:
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/NO-LOGO-BRAND-...637?nav=SEARCH
    But you have to check with your carrier which band/frequencies they use.
    You can look at it usually on there site by searching band or frequencies in support section.
    Than after that searching for which submodel will be the good one.
    Here are references:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ncies-1043968/
    This should be a stv-2 or stv-4

This could be cheaper.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-17 08:18 AM
    With Android 6, etc, the heating is resolved. Mine will heat up only if downloading multiple app updates or a new version of Android - and I'm not normally holding it at that point.

I'm regularly getting > 1 day on a charge also.

There are excellent threads on Crackberry that help tune the battery life - like turning adaptive display off.
    03-01-17 08:24 AM
35 12