No, you don't have to sign a contract for a 4 year term, and we won't try to relocate you
    By this point I think most forum members are aware that Hurricane Irene is looking to be a big deal. I believe at this point it's getting close to hitting New York City.

I know of a couple CrackBerry members and mods are in that area, and it seems likely that there will be some power outages. There have already been some Service Outages there.

We all know that BlackBerrys can be extremely useful in a crisis (BIS is one of those reasons, and This Article makes for a good read on that).

But a BlackBerry with a dead battery is useless.

So join Operation Hurricane BB Battery Salvation.
    What we're all about is not screwing over your BBM contacts (or phone contacts) by sending them tons of messages and all that jazz until the hurricane is over. Not to be macabre, but in an emergency you could end up as alive or dead as your battery is.

Recommendations:

Don't load a new OS - the resulting drain on you BBM groups is huge. Also don't add people to groups you're in.

(I myself won't be messing with any hybrids until this is all done with, and I think the rest of OSBB will be doing the same).
    And in general, don't do other things that could drain other people's batteries.
    Here's info to extend your own: 16 Ways To Extend Your BlackBerry Battery Life | Geek Tested
    Also, if you want to listen to the live radio about the hurricane, there's a free app for that. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...2/#post6615460

Stay safe everyone.

Last edited by SCrid2000; 08-27-11 at 10:45 PM.
    pkcable likes this.
    08-27-11 10:35 PM
    08-27-11 10:41 PM
    CB's has posted some tips on the front page also! Thanks for the heads up Shane!!!!!!

http://crackberry.com/hurricane-iren...perly-prepared
    08-27-11 10:41 PM
    I have 2 oem batteries and a seidio 2600 battery for my bold. I'm golden. I'll be the last person in ma with bis service. Lol
    08-27-11 10:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD