What are some free GPS applications, or some one time fee only applications. (id rather pay like $50 or so once then $9/$10/month)
    12-02-09 03:15 PM
    Garmin is $79 through the Owners Lounge.

Nav4All will be free until the end of the year.

If you don't mind not having maps, LifeInPocket is still free (just displays arrows like Nav4All).

I'm probably going to go back to Garmin. AmAzeGPS stopped working for me (just get a red signal status) and it keeps telling me there is a new update available. 4.5 has also disappeared from the website, so only 5.0 is now available. It may be cheaper than others at $40/year, but I don't think it has the right functionality to be considered a good pay-GPS app.
    12-02-09 05:19 PM
    Yeah i think garmin is the way to go then.. after 8 months i am ahead and i dont think i'll be getting rid of my blackberry within the next 2 years anyways..

gota test it out. I am a bit upset about gokivo i must say, they planned it out like this instead of just warning us before hand (though they did warn us, thye never said for how long it would be free)

there was actually an article about a facebook app that did the same thing.. apparently they made millions within hours of going "pay service"

so i see the reason, but i dont like being tricked.
    12-02-09 06:17 PM
    The people that made amaze are nuts if they think people are going to pay for that crap when garmin and others are available. Unless 5.0 is phenomenally better then 4.5 which I doubt.

Nav4all is also a pos.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 12:17 AM
    The people that made amaze are nuts if they think people are going to pay for that crap when garmin and others are available. Unless 5.0 is phenomenally better then 4.5 which I doubt.

Nav4all is also a pos.

So how do you really feel?

just kidding !
    12-06-09 07:51 AM
    Garmin is $79 through the Owners Lounge.

Nav4All will be free until the end of the year.

If you don't mind not having maps, LifeInPocket is still free (just displays arrows like Nav4All).

I'm probably going to go back to Garmin. AmAzeGPS stopped working for me (just get a red signal status) and it keeps telling me there is a new update available. 4.5 has also disappeared from the website, so only 5.0 is now available. It may be cheaper than others at $40/year, but I don't think it has the right functionality to be considered a good pay-GPS app.
    Mines still working, said update was available and choice was now or later. I chose later and it d/l some resources and then opened fine, gps is green and put address in and it started just fine. Wonder what's up with yours?
    12-06-09 07:53 AM
    So how do you really feel?

just kidding !
    Haha, yeah the only reason I put up with its slowness and lack functionality was because it was free. Maybe they will realize that.....

12-07-09 03:14 PM
    Gokivo was nice, but the minute they asked for cash I moved to Google maps.
    12-08-09 05:12 AM
    I just downloaded amAze 5.0 but haven't tried it yet. The features look great. The pay version is about $3.33/month. If Garmin is $79.00 you will have to wait 2 years before you see a payback. I have a Garmin GPS in my car so I don't really need anything great on my phone but it's alway nice to have something extra. I think I will play with free version of amAze for a little while before deciding.
    12-08-09 06:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD