Watch this video (starts from 15:20min) and say what you think..

10-31-16 09:32 AM
    i thought it was a funny line.
    10-31-16 09:38 AM
    Hilarious and kind of a compliment in that the top IBM dudes still rock BlackBerrys. (They do not even mention Windows phone.) Funny how their company uses mostly iPhone whereas the rest of the world mostly uses android.

BB, Still the One
    Last edited by TCB on Z10; 10-31-16 at 08:15 PM.
    David Tyler likes this.
    10-31-16 04:24 PM
    Yep, for people outside of CB BlackBerry is a joke. Thanks to Chen and others!!!

#soon, later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    10-31-16 04:29 PM
    Hilarious and of a compliment in that the top IBM dudes still rock BlackBerrys. (They do not even mention Windows phone.) Funny how their company use mostly iPhone whereas the rest of the world mostly uses android.

BB, Still the One
    Not in Corporate America. Android controls the low end of the Smartphone market. Apple completely dominates the high end market. The high end market is where you want to be, the high end users spend lots of money on Apps and Media.
    Jack Chin and JeepBB like this.
    10-31-16 05:31 PM
    Yep, for people outside of CB BlackBerry is a joke. Thanks to Chen and others!!!

#soon, later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    How did Chen make BlackBerry a joke? Chen has brought BlackBerry into markets where it's products are actually respected.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-16 05:31 PM
    Yep, for people outside of CB BlackBerry is a joke. Thanks to Chen Mike Lazaridis and others!!!
    Fixed it for you.
    Jack Chin, 1khalid, TGR1 and 2 others like this.
    10-31-16 08:20 PM
    Fixed it for you.
    If it weren't for Mike Lazaridis you wouldn't be here talking about who made BlackBerry a joke.
    berrydroid and cbvinh like this.
    10-31-16 11:03 PM
    Here's a joke...

Where's 10.3.3???
    11-01-16 12:17 AM
    If it weren't for Mike Lazaridis you wouldn't be here talking about who made BlackBerry a joke.
    Nobody remembers Icarus for setting the altitude record.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-16 02:02 AM
    Hilarious and kind of a compliment in that the top IBM dudes still rock BlackBerrys. (They do not even mention Windows phone.) Funny how their company uses mostly iPhone whereas the rest of the world mostly uses android.

BB, Still the One
    Not in the business world they don't.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-01-16 06:00 AM
    Oh come on, that was funny!
    11-01-16 11:22 AM
    IBM is looking for their watson utilization... if QNX showed up using AI (like apple set up with swift with them), I am sure they will blink... twice: one for watson and one for true north chip. may be three: their new processor that will take on intel ;-).
    11-01-16 02:47 PM
    Watch this video (starts from 15:20min) and say what you think..

This from a company that is losing market share............................BlackBerry became a joke, by its own hand. They just feed people the straight lines.
    11-01-16 06:02 PM
    As someone that works in IT, I can relate and I exhaled sharply out of my nose when he made the joke.
    11-01-16 06:42 PM
    Interesting thing that I noticed: BlackBerry users at IBM seem to have moved to Apple, rather than Android. I wonder why that is?

Posted on my Model M
    11-01-16 06:52 PM
    In all fairness to JC, Mikey didn't leave much for him to work with.

Posted via CB10 - Z10 /STL100-3/ 0S10.3.2.2474
    11-01-16 06:56 PM
    Hey, I'm the first to give credit to Mike for his early solutions and for creating BBOS, BIS, and BES, which were fantastic for their day. But Mike also had "Founder's Disease" - which is that he became so attached (financially and otherwise) to his 2G solutions that he wasn't willing to disrupt them himself - which allowed other companies to come in and disrupt them anyway. Instead of planning for a future without BIS, Mike avoided and delayed that future - and to some degree was even in denial about it - until it was far too late.
    JeepBB, 1khalid and StephanieMaks like this.
    11-01-16 07:07 PM
    In all fairness to JC, Mikey didn't leave much for him to work with.

Posted via CB10 - Z10 /STL100-3/ 0S10.3.2.2474
    Be fair to Mikey, if JC gave the company to him, it will be a different ball game. (remember TH took 10 million and gave BB to FairFax). not sure which one would be better, but definitely different direction judge on those two's "temperament".
    11-02-16 07:36 AM
    No it's not a joke against BlackBerry, how can you interpret it like that? He's saying that the most senior people (who can fire him) won't be parted from their BlackBerries ... sounds way cool. That's what I want to be, not an iOS-sporting hipster.
    11-02-16 08:09 AM
    How did Chen make BlackBerry a joke? Chen has brought BlackBerry into markets where it's products are actually respected.

Posted via CB10
    Ok, where is 10.3.3? Chen announced it 1,5 years ago. They stopped BBM Meetings(for enterprises), where is BBM Video for their own OS?
    They went android with Chen and sold 400k phones- and thats the biggest joke!!

Where are the markets that are respected?
    Automotive? Medical? Lets see in 2 years.

berrydroid likes this.
    11-02-16 08:33 AM
    I thought it was a funny line.

And from my experience, looking at my colleagues, all we "old guys" in suits, in regulated industries, still tend to use BB's. I have about 10 friends who won't yet return their 9XXX's.. . . . .
    11-02-16 09:29 AM
    Where are the markets that are respected?
    Medical?
    Yes! I want a flashing red light so I never miss a message, a D & R beside the message, PING, private chat and clear, reliable voice calls. Whether BlackBerry is more secure, or not, does not matter: patients perceive it to be and they like that. My Z30 is rugged and lasts all day. Finally, the big medical data bases, like UpToDate, run like a charm on it (and I like not having the same phone as my teen clients - -lol)

BB, Still the One
    11-02-16 03:32 PM
    Here's a joke...

Where's 10.3.3???
    Servers:
    OS 10.3.3.1848 | SR 10.3.3.2115 Production

Check! :-)

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1090659

�   "BB10 dead?" - "Let's dance the Danse MacaBBRY! ... or is it..?" ;-D   �
    11-02-16 03:36 PM
    Hey, I'm the first to give credit to Mike for his early solutions and for creating BBOS, BIS, and BES, which were fantastic for their day. But Mike also had "Founder's Disease" - which is that he became so attached (financially and otherwise) to his 2G solutions that he wasn't willing to disrupt them himself - which allowed other companies to come in and disrupt them anyway. Instead of planning for a future without BIS, Mike avoided and delayed that future - and to some degree was even in denial about it - until it was far too late.
    ^
    THIS!!

Blackberry had two equally good choices back in 2004-5.

1. Disrupt their own business model and beat other competitors to the next generation of smart mobile devices.

OR

2. "Harvest" profits from BBOS by keeping expenses low and piling up cash to be distributed to investors.

Both of these would have been valid strategies. But they are mutually exclusive, for the most part. Of course profits from BBOS/BIS would have funded option #1.

Trying have the best of both worlds, not launching BB10 earlier so as to preserve BBOS/BIS revenue streams while assuming the world would wait, was a high risk strategy that rarely works.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-02-16 03:47 PM
31 12