Hey! I have a blackberry curve 8330 and I don't really like the notifying sound that it makes when I receive a text. I tried changing the sound but I can't quite figure out how to do it. Does anyone know how to change it? If so, could you please give me a step-by-step? Thanks!
    07-05-09 10:57 PM
    go to the home screen, then open up the profiles, then scroll to the bottom for advanced, then click the berry button and edit the profile you are using which is probably normal, then find the sms text and edit it. then save
    07-06-09 06:38 AM
    Here's a good link if you get stumped that has pics on how to do this...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ications-1623/
    07-06-09 06:44 AM
    Thanks blueyestm! I followed your instructions and it worked perfectly.
    07-06-09 01:35 PM
    Thank You! This helped me Too!
    07-06-09 02:07 PM
    i have a question that is related to the text notification. I went into profiles...and at the bottom it says:
    use active profile except for:
    -important calls
    -calls from alex

alex is my boyfriend, so i have a seperate ringtone for him.
    does this mean that if i have my phone on silent and he calls, it won't be silent and it will ring anyway?
    07-06-09 03:29 PM
    i have a question that is related to the text notification. I went into profiles...and at the bottom it says:
    use active profile except for:
    -important calls
    -calls from alex

alex is my boyfriend, so i have a seperate ringtone for him.
    does this mean that if i have my phone on silent and he calls, it won't be silent and it will ring anyway?

No, if you have your phone on Vibrate, it will vibrate.

What it means is that your default ringtone will apply to everyone except him (or anyone else listed there). In other words, it's a list of contacts you have custom tones set for
    07-06-09 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD