Now that 10.3.1. is out you can personalise your BlackBerry to the max.

I always was intrigued by the fact that you can change LED and make the best out of your device.

So what are your settings. Why should I use it? Convince me please.

What's the value of all those profiles?

I just change the red led for whatsapp to green. Facebook to blue. Does that make sense?

Thanks for any great profile settings posted.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 11:32 PM
    I have something similar to you as far as LED colours are concerned - green for WhatsApp, blue for BBM etc. I love that I can tell at a glance what type of message I have waiting - and I can decide whether or not to even pickup the phone to look at it. On my older devices when I rocked a holster form time to time, I had custom vibrate/ring settings as well, depending on whether my phone was in or out of a holster. I'm all about customizing my auditory, visual, and tactile notifications to how I like them and to suit different situations I may be in. It bugs me when I see people who are on the default profile and who's phones beep and vibrate away every time a text message, email, app notification etc hits their phone.
    02-20-15 12:49 AM
    I have something similar to you as far as LED colours are concerned - green for WhatsApp, blue for BBM etc. I love that I can tell at a glance what type of message I have waiting - and I can decide whether or not to even pickup the phone to look at it. On my older devices when I rocked a holster form time to time, I had custom vibrate/ring settings as well, depending on whether my phone was in or out of a holster. I'm all about customizing my auditory, visual, and tactile notifications to how I like them and to suit different situations I may be in. It bugs me when I see people who are on the default profile and who's phones beep and vibrate away every time a text message, email, app notification etc hits their phone.
    Thanks Sir.

I am always interested in others settings since you can learn a lot.

I also made a new profile called "Sleepy TV". It's actually a silent profile. Sometimes I like to relax or take a nap. So I don't wanna hear those loud sounds. So I put it on silent in case I am dizzy and chilling for looking up without being scared the bejesus out of me.

I also put the visual voicemail with the magenta LED. Just like the icon.

Very interesting profiles to make.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 12:58 AM
    Where can I find this setting!?!?

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 01:26 AM
    Change of the Led color is very practical for me because I have disabled the sound notifications from all kind of messages since I am receiving more than a 100 daily and can't leave with the noise.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    02-20-15 03:12 PM
    Settings>Notifications>Contact Notifications> +Contact Notification (Add)>(Select Contact)>TextMessages (or other message type)>LED
    02-20-15 03:34 PM
    Can someone please tell me how to override the default LED flash time so it keeps flashing until the notification is read? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 06:25 PM
    Can someone please tell me how to override the default LED flash time so it keeps flashing until the notification is read? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Not possible today. It times out after 15 minutes, if you use the peek gesture, view the lock screen, or go into the hub.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 07:10 PM
    Not possible today. It times out after 15 minutes, if you use the peek gesture, view the lock screen, or go into the hub.

Posted via CB10
    Please tell me there is an app to change the default time? Otherwise I just bought a paperweight.

I came from the galaxy phone line so I am disappointed if that is the case. The phone itself is fantastic but I can't fathom something so simple and useful is missing.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 08:04 PM
    Get the App Hub++ from blackberry world.

  
    02-22-15 10:42 PM
    I just put everything on default again.

I see no sense into this. I mean green for what's app or blue for facebook. Who cares? I will check all my messages, calls, etc.

So red light for me. Plain and simple.

It was a waste of time.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 01:04 AM
    I just put everything on default again.

I see no sense into this. I mean green for what's app or blue for facebook. Who cares? I will check all my messages, calls, etc.

So red light for me. Plain and simple.

It was a waste of time.

Posted via CB10
    It's crucial for me. It's a work phone issued phone that doubles as my personal phone.

Red means work email (usually time sensitive), I have to check it.

Blue means personal email. It can wait, I don't have to stress.

And now I can disable the LED for an auto generated work email that I don't have to check unless something goes wrong or I need to verify something related to that account, which only happens once or twice per week, even though that account receives 50+ emails per day. Not having that LED anymore for that account is HUGE for me.

Yellow means txt, could be personal, could be work. Either way it's usually not critical or time sensitive.

I'm now switching magenta to voice mail like someone else posted.
    02-23-15 04:41 PM