I got my notification profiles working quite well, though not perfectly. I found that with content protection for the address book disabled, active profile phone call ringtones, custom contact phone call ringtones, and email notifications all come through as expected for both active profile contacts and exceptions whether the phone is locked or not, but instant messenger (yahoo, aim, gtalk, msn) notifications for the exceptions still come through under the active profile even though the instant messenger contacts are associated with my BlackBerry contacts. I'll report back if I discover anything else relevant.
    09-12-10 04:49 PM
    The Contact Alerts don't have anything to do with the Instant Messenger applications.
    09-12-10 05:46 PM
    Not sure exactly what you mean, but going to profiles>advanced>menu>edit allows the user to select ringtones and notifications for various features including the im applications. Then, if one creates a notification profile exception for certain contacts, he can decide, in the exception, which profile to apply to the exception; he can choose from the list of all the profiles. But I've found that the profile one chooses for the exception works for phone calls and emails (haven't had a chance to check sms yet) but not for im's. For the im's it uses the active profile. Why doesn't it use the profile selected in the exception? These im programs even allow the im contacts to be associated with the BlackBerry contacts in the address book. When viewing the contact, the im addresses are there.
    Last edited by T�nis; 09-12-10 at 06:05 PM.
    09-12-10 06:02 PM
    Exactly.

The contact alerts (meaning alert tones, etc for a SPECIFIC CONTACT) work for email, phone and SMS. They don't work for IM applications.
    09-12-10 06:50 PM
    Exactly.

The contact alerts (meaning alert tones, etc for a SPECIFIC CONTACT) work for email, phone and SMS. They don't work for IM applications.
    That clears it up. Thank you!
    09-12-10 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD