I know this isn't the best place to post this, but I've tried searching the GMail forums for over an hour now, and can't find what I need. Also, they don't seem to give you the option to actually contact a human. wtf? seriously? If anyone knows how to contact GMail directly without jumping through hoops, I'd appreciate it.

So here's my issue, and its partially BB related, which is why I'm posting here.

I just recently tried setting up IMAP Gmail in Entourage 08 (Mac version of Outlook). All the settings are correct, and I followed Googles IMAP setup guide.

Now, when I delete a message from my BB (I have both "mailbox & handheld" selected), it does not delete from GMail. It gets placed into a "deleted items" label. When I view my "trash" in GMail, the message is not there. It's in the label/folder/whatever it is. This has only started happening since I tried setting up Entourage.

I have since deleted my account in Entourage hoping it would reset itself. It hasn't. Here are my settings in Gmail:

Enable IMAP: On
    Auto Expunge: Immediately

This used to work the way I wanted until I messed with Entourage, so I take the blame for that. But can someone help me get it back? I know how Gmail works...I don't want my message archived, moved to all mail, placed in a label...I want it gone. Thats why I DELETED it. I know, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Well now it's broke, and I need to fix it.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm trying to give details that will help with a response. Thanks!
    06-22-09 07:48 PM
    Before you set up gmail imap in Entourage, did you have imap enabled at all?

In my experience, what you are describing is standard behavior when BIS is accessing gmail via imap. It has nothing to do with Entourage. You can force BIS to access gmail via pop3 and it will put the deleted messages in the trash folder.
    06-23-09 04:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD