Ok- I have had my Pearl for over a year and this has never happened. I did a search for this, but nothing posted has helped. For some reason I am not receiving any text messages. The only recent changes I made were to my call log- so that the missed calls, etc would not show up in the messages list. I have two cells and sent myself a text and it has not come thru, plus I have had people tell me that they sent texts that I have not received.

I did a battery pull a few times and had the service books re-sent and no dice. I have 11764056 bytes free.

It just seems strange that emails are coming thru and not the texts. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    12-20-07 09:51 AM
    It is strange, but I also know that AT&T and TMo have in the past month been notoriously slow on some delivery of SMS.

You've done the correct things, battery, etc.
    12-20-07 09:59 AM
    I could deal w/ slow, but this so far is not at all. Anyone else on AT&T having the same issue?
    12-20-07 01:28 PM
    I have AT&T with an 8100 also. I had a Treo with unlimited web and just used the per text charge. (don't use it much) When I swithed to BB, got the 29.99 BB plan, but now can't text. When I looked into it, found out that you need to add a text plan to the BB plan with AT&T. I could be wrong, but that is what I was told (a few times). I just didn't worry about since I seldom use text.
    12-20-07 01:39 PM
    Data Connect Table | AT&T wireless services

This is the chart from AT&T.
    12-20-07 02:00 PM
    I have the 29.99 plan too, but I use texts all the time. I just looked over my plan and it says unlimited, etc. I have had this plan since I got my Berry and it doesnt appear that I pay anything extra for texts. But it is working again. After doing some more research online I found a discussion about it and the only thing new that I hadnt tried besides calling my provider (that was next on my list and may still happen) was to:

do a battery pull and remove the memory card
    replace battery and boot up w/out the memory card
    do another battery pull and put the memory card back in

Once I did that it seemed to work. Now mind you the texts that I knew that I was missing didnt show up and still havent. I just tried to send myself a text and it worked. I had others send them and they worked too. I dont get it, but I am glad it seems to be working again. Woot!

Edited to add that I do pay extra for texts. I pay 4.99 for 200 per billing cycle. duh
    Last edited by samismum; 12-20-07 at 10:10 PM. Reason: I am blind...
    12-20-07 10:03 PM
    I had that very same problem about a month ago. It turned out to be AT&T's fault.

Apparently, hile they were researching a problem with my bill they accidentially dropped texting from my whole family. I noticed it when they very same thing happened to me. When I called AT&T to ask what was going on, they said "sorry" and added it back.
    Last edited by o1sowise; 12-21-07 at 09:22 AM.
    12-21-07 09:19 AM
    Wierdest thing. I just got a new curve 8310. everything worked fine untill my wife started complaining that i wasnt retuning her texts. I never got them and i noticed that the text that were in the history are gone. So after hours of screwing around with it i finally seperated text and e-mail boxes (which suck because i lke it all in one place) It worked fine i sent several texts and left it for a few hours. Then my wife asked if i got her texts again and i said no. And all the ones i sent earlier where gone. So i pulled the battery and rebooted. It works for now, But im not trusting it. I wish i knew the exact prpblem and solution, I would feel more comfortable. Yes i am on att/cingular
    02-19-08 01:37 AM
    Hi Guys.. I have alltel, and i've been having the same problem. I have only had my pearl for less than a month. I called alltel, and they said that "it's a problem blackberry's been having, and they dont know how to fix it. The only thing you can do is do a master reset, but in that case you lose all your names/numbers/datebook/wallpapers/ringtones, etc. I haven't tried it yet, because I don't want to lose all my numbers. Ugh! I loved this phone, but i'm getting very fed up with it at this point! Anybody do the master reset yet? Thanks!
    Sarah
    04-09-08 09:50 AM
    Sarah, welcome to CB.

Doing a reset (with the BB powered on, remove the battery, hold 30 seconds, replace and reboot) will NOT lose anything. You will NOT lose your personal data, contacts, calendar, wallpapers, etc., nothing.

http://blackberryfaq.net/wiki/index...._BlackBerry%3F

Alltel is just being goofy. A "wipe" from the Security Options will clear all the personal settings, calendar, messages, etc., as they described.

I can assure you doing the reset as I described above will NOT delete all the data they described. You have my personal assurance.

Of course, if you are still worried, I would tell you to do a complete backup first in Desktop Manager for safety sake. Always have a good backup, regardless.
    04-09-08 09:59 AM
    i just had this same issue, i have at&t and i just stopped receiving texts and i have an unlimited plan. BUT i came across this post online before i called at&t and SAMISMUMS solution worked perfectly...
    do a battery pull and remove the memory card
    replace battery and boot up w/out the memory card
    do another battery pull and put the memory card back in
    my texts work fine now, great work, THANK YOU!
    08-08-08 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";