Hi All

BB - Curve 8520
    Carrier - CellC (South Africa)

For the last week now I have not been receiving SMS's at all. I can send SMS's and I have confirmed that they are being received. All other services seem fine as well. It's just the SMS receiving problem. I have scoured the forums and have tried almost every suggestion, to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    07-22-13 07:31 AM
    Hi All

BB - Curve 8520
    Carrier - CellC (South Africa)

For the last week now I have not been receiving SMS's at all. I can send SMS's and I have confirmed that they are being received. All other services seem fine as well. It's just the SMS receiving problem. I have scoured the forums and have tried almost every suggestion, to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Hi and welcome to the forums of CrackBerry!
    Have you called your carrier to ask what might be wrong? Sometimes they can be very helpful!
    07-22-13 07:38 AM
    I have called them and they advised that there is nothing wrong on their side, in general or with my account.
    07-22-13 08:01 AM
    Maybe your sim card needs replaced. Or the problem might be on the person who is sending you a text message.

There are various reasons why it might stop working. But definitely get your network to investigate it for you.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 08:53 AM
    When I put the sim in another phone, it works fine.

It's been a week and I would have received a few messages already, but not getting any.
    07-22-13 01:24 PM
    have you come into contact with any water or been somewhere humid or sweaty? dropped it? may have damaged your sim card tray or water damaged it
    07-22-13 01:42 PM
    I always advise this at work and with friends on computers, when nothing seems to work : factory restore it. If that doesn't solve your problem then it's gotta be hardware issues.
    07-22-13 02:12 PM